FM 2020 Mobile - Initial thoughts and general feedback thread

• SI Staff

As ever, we'd love to hear your thoughts and first impressions of FM20 Mobile!

All feedback and initial impressions can go in here, but do post any bugs in the bugs forum: Here

We really hope you enjoy the game as much as we've enjoyed making it - and we look forward to hearing how you get on!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I’d start an feedback thread , really enjoying the little time I’ve had the game, loving in particularly the reserve team being able to play games meaning keeping fitness up its the small changes for me that makes this years game the best yet! Will edit later to add other things once had an day or so to play but so far so Good. 

First of all thank you for your efforts! I'm looking forward to enjoying the game!

I have three questions:

1. Is problem with Determination, Consistency and Important Matches (and maybe some other attributes) present in mobile or just in full version?

2. I know that you don't like these kinds of questions, but I would really like to know if there are going to be any updates in the next few days? I really want to start as fresh as possible, so I'm willing to wait for few days in order to start fully updated.

3. Can anyone please tell me what does "Extended Squad Movement" do?

Thanks!

Edited by Fabio MVP

Just started an trial save game as Man Utd. All of my players who are under 21 have in their coach reports "tends to struggle in big matches" and "inconsistent player".

So, I guess problem with determination and hidden attributes is present in mobile version as well.

Can somebody please answer to my three questions and confirm or deny this? Thanks!

Still no way to see the height of a player on the mobile version? And the new inbox/messages lay out is very cumbersome and unintuitive, there was nothing wrong with the old lay out, if it ain't broke don't fix it

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, Fabio MVP said:

Can anyone please tell me what does "Extended Squad Movement" do?

There is no explanation in manual.

If you turn this off it turns off the advanced options for moving players between squads.

Generally very happy with it. Good job, SI. 

My only issue is that the yes and no buttons have been swapped around on the confirmation popup. 

So my muscle memory keeps pressing no when I mean to press yes and vice versa. 

What was the reasoning behind changing such a regularly used part of the UI? 

When a player plays in a cup match for reserve team, it is added to his first team history - it's impossible to distinguish if he played for the first team or not. It should not be added to first team history like players in spanish reserve teams.

Edited by Ahejj

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Ahejj said:

When a player plays in a cup match for reserve team, it is added to his first team history - it's impossible to distinguish if he played for the first team or not. It should not be added to first team history like players in spanish reserve teams.

The reason it is done like this is because it IS a competitive match unlike reserve matches and is against a first team opposition ... I do get where you are coming from though and I'm open to swaying on this (at present it treats such matches like full matches and the reserves get higher learning experience from them than they do from a normal reserve match, same as if you allowed them to play in say the League Cup as cover for the first team resting etc.).

Loving the new version so far, the media and player thoughts are really nice, but there's a few things I wish could be changed. 

My pet peeve of the update is the new display of home or away stats during matches. I really, really miss the brackets system in previous years, it was so much easier to read passes attempted and completed etc. I like the dribbles and misses attempted and completed columns but having no brackets makes it an absolute headache to look at.

I also prefer the old orange match ball since the new white and black is a bit hard on the eyes. Can we get an option to bring it back in?

And I think it'd be nice if mentoring could have its own specific page. At least I couldn't find it (the only way I can bring it up is by finding someone who is currently being mentored then clicking their report.)

Holding on while you're working on the attribute thing, but loaded up a challenge and played a few games.

This new layout in matches will take some time to get used to, but I'm sure I'll come to love it. Inbox... not so sure about that change tbh. Liked it better last year.

I sent four staff members on various exams, they all failed (3 x "normal" aptitude and 1 "natural). I think this was a bit harsh, maybe I was just unlucky. But will pay attention to this going forward.

Mentoring might be a good addition, if only I remember to follow up on it. Another thing I need to think of..

Match engine seems snappier than last year (device: Galaxy S9), that's a good thing.

Consistency - in the main game (PC) we have 'pressing forward' as a striker role, while in the mobile game it is still 'defensive forward'. Should perhaps be changed?

I'll put down some more feedback later on when the fix is out and I've started a proper save. Game seems solid enough at first glance. :)

Edited by Footix

I'm loving it until now.

The only pet peeve is the new ball, you guys did an amazing job making it look like a real ball, but it's very hard on the eyes, I need to play with the 2D really slow to be able to understand what's going on.

Any chance we can have the old orange ball back?

This is killing the game...

Thank you

• SI Staff
17 minutes ago, Gary245 said:

The hole player is plateaued is starting to **** me off. About 20 gamrs into the season and 7 players have a couple haven't improved at all. Player mentoring doesn't do anything for them

How old are the players very young players might need to mature before advancing past a certain point - its one of the limitations of having a lot of youngsters in your squad.

(incidentally players can improve a bit more at a more mature age now - not so much in physical stats, but in technical stats I've relaxed things a little more so players can still progress fairly well for quite a while)

If you think anything is 'wrong' then by all means forward me the save game and I'll take a look by all means, but in real-life 17 year old world beaters are fairly rare ... it takes time to become Messi ..

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Inci said:

I'm loving it until now.
The only pet peeve is the new ball, you guys did an amazing job making it look like a real ball, but it's very hard on the eyes, I need to play with the 2D really slow to be able to understand what's going on.
Any chance we can have the old orange ball back?

We will be looking at making some improvements in this area in due course, it probably won't be until the first 'full' update however (the first one we release will likely be a 'hot-fix' for any serious issues which have been raised which don't require data changes (which a new ball graphic would).

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, JayJay2905 said:

Won’t start up. Waste of £8.99

If you're on a specific old generation iPad mini then I apologise for the issue, we weren't aware of it until the game was released. This will be addressed in the first hot-fix for the game which we will get out as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

31 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

How old are the players very young players might need to mature before advancing past a certain point - its one of the limitations of having a lot of youngsters in your squad.

(incidentally players can improve a bit more at a more mature age now - not so much in physical stats, but in technical stats I've relaxed things a little more so players can still progress fairly well for quite a while)

If you think anything is 'wrong' then by all means forward me the save game and I'll take a look by all means, but in real-life 17 year old world beaters are fairly rare ... it takes time to become Messi ..

I can understand that and think it can be a good thing but my problem is im playing with man utd and Mason Greenwoid plateaued aftet one gamre into season, his only development is a +1 in leadership. How long will it take to get rid of it acouple of month or years he traly needs stats boost because he hasnt had one yet

I do like the look, but have encountered a few issues so far... 

Mentoring - I'm still getting information about mentoring at a previous club

Budgets - joined a semi pro team in France regional league and they have transfer budget of £2.5 m? 

Performance - could grill an egg on my phone whilst the ME is running. Nice for keeping my hands warm, if not for battery life! 

First up...this will be the third "mobile " edition I have played.

It is everything you want from FMM other than the "match" screen.  On my phone (Pixel 3xl) the pitch doesn't fill the whole screen.  Having an option to remove the stadium buildings and maximise the pitch would be great to make the most of what in phone terms is a large screen but in reality isn't.

Hard to see the ball also but that could be my lack of eye sight"

This is the third version I’ve played though I didn’t use the 2018 version. It seems really really tiny - The writing is unusably small. I’ve actually had to give up cos it was giving me a headache. Is there going to be an update that makes the writing legible?

Greg

On 19/11/2019 at 16:51, passenger58 said:

Generally very happy with it. Good job, SI. 

My only issue is that the yes and no buttons have been swapped around on the confirmation popup. 

So my muscle memory keeps pressing no when I mean to press yes and vice versa. 

What was the reasoning behind changing such a regularly used part of the UI? 

My thoughts exactly!

• SI Staff

About the yes/no buttons:

We get this might take people a short while to get used to at first but IMO we've been the wrong way round for too long compared to the general way that mobile apps present dialogs. It might be against muscle memory in the first week or two but will be more consistent with the way we are used to using apps in general in the longer run.

On 20/11/2019 at 03:12, Marc Vaughan said:

The reason it is done like this is because it IS a competitive match unlike reserve matches and is against a first team opposition ... I do get where you are coming from though and I'm open to swaying on this (at present it treats such matches like full matches and the reserves get higher learning experience from them than they do from a normal reserve match, same as if you allowed them to play in say the League Cup as cover for the first team resting etc.).

But I still think that reserve matches should be sparated from first team matches. And they ARE separated from in reality. I think no one will acknowledge a Checkatrade Trophy match of a reserve player as a first team experience though it IS a competitive match unlike reserve matches.

Edited by Ahejj

• SI Staff

I think that is a fair stance - I'll keep listening and go with the 'popular opinion' as to how/when this changes ... simply because its a strange one and I'm sure there are different opinions regarding it.

Just refreshed my AppStore on iPhone 8 (latest iOS), there is an update of 2GB (11.0.3) available containing: Fixed stuck news, Fixed startup issues on old iPads and Fixed a couple of other crashes.

Disappointing to see that the attributes bug is still not fixed. :( I'm still waiting to start playing...

@Marc Vaughan @Alari Naylor Can we please have some kind of an update about the attributes bug, when the hotfix might be available? It's been three days since the game was released and I'm buzzing to start playing! :D

Edited by Fabio MVP

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, shimera said:

Question: why can't I select to loan players that are listed for loan? That's something crucial for gameplay, please fix it.

Screenshots:

Screenshot_20191122-162248_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191122-162321_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Are you inside a loan transfer window? - if you're outside of the window then at present I don't think you're able to bid in advance (simply because loans in advance are very rare irl because circumstances might change).