FM 2020 Mobile - Initial thoughts and general feedback thread

Agora, Marc Vaughan disse:

Are you inside a loan transfer window? - if you're outside of the window then at present I don't think you're able to bid in advance (simply because loans in advance are very rare irl because circumstances might change).

Oh. That's the problem. Now I feel silly.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone mentioned previously it is really hard to see the ball this year, and I have to agree. Yesterday I played a few matches and often found myself thinking "what's going on" as I couldn't really follow the ball.

I hope you can fix this in an update, whether you make the ball bigger or in another colour or whatever. 

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Footix said:

Someone mentioned previously it is really hard to see the ball this year, and I have to agree. Yesterday I played a few matches and often found myself thinking "what's going on" as I couldn't really follow the ball.

I hope you can fix this in an update, whether you make the ball bigger or in another colour or whatever. 

We've enlarged it slightly on the HDTV devices which seemed to have the worst contrast in this regard. We will continue to monitor the situation and will likely either add in a secondary mode with a higher contrast ball or make it bigger still in a future update. 

Thank you as always to everyone giving feedback - you're helping to make the game better for everyone :)

I can’t help thinking that SI and Sega are underestimating Man City Youth players. They didn’t even add Taylor Harwood Bellis, Adria Bernabe, Gavin Bazunu. They are by far one of the biggest prospects in Europe. Plz Add Them during Winter Roaster Update without deleting Eric Garcia, Finley Burns, Tommy Doyle, Oscar Bobb and other youth Players... Also, Tommy Doyle still has “Afraid of Big Matches” trait.. It’s absurd becuz he played very calm on his debut. Fix that ASAP. Also, don’t make Taylor Harwood Bellis have that “afraid of big matches” trait removed when he is added. If you care about this issue seriously, much will be appreciated

Hi.  I've come back to the game having not played a couple of versions.  The finances still bug me (and I think the reason I stopped playing before) - it's the lack of visibility on the mobile version and being able to plan.  eg I'm managing Crewe.  I had 65k pa wage budget, spent no money on transfers then trimmed the wages slightly so I could try and find some free transfers / loans, then in the new season my wage budget went down to 50k pa....

It's the lack of visibility of whether the club is likely to be suffering and needing to cut wages in future years etc.  Also whether cup runs make an impact - eg being drawn away to Man U in the cup should give Crewe a finance lift - but nothing noting that there is (I think?)

Another triumph, I love how this game has evolved over the last 10 years. The progress isn’t unlike the move from amiga to PC!

I grew out of the original game as got a job and found I only needed a PC for football manager, and by the time I was interested again the PC game had advanced too much for me.

The price still staggers me, £8.99 for a full game with a 30 year career. Can you imagine how quickly you might pay £8.99 if you had to buy gems or coins to progress! 

I think it’s phenomenal and brilliant bit of work. You should all be proud.

The new way to interact with the reserves is a brilliant innovation, I’m really enjoying it - I do have 1 question tho!

My assistant uses his preferred formation to play the reserves in... and I can’t manipulate it to match the first team, my preference being it does so that their performance stats reflect a similar position to where I might play them.

Ive tried to find an assistant that shares my obscure 1 off 3-2-2-3 😆 

Any help appreciated.

If I find any bugs I’ll submit to the other forum.

Currently 7th with 7 games left!

63A0357D-CFBF-4B0E-9BA4-60B6511D9EDF.png

Into 4th season and a few things I like and some I don't. 

Negatives: inbox navigation at times is strange like if I accidentally click next x1 and want to go back to the previous it seems to not always do that. Wage limit I started out at VFB Stuttgart now firmly set in Bundesliga after winning it However max wage I can offer is £170k I have available money and tried adjusting it but unable to offer more. Hall of fame I used to enjoy viewing where I sat in this my manger profile says worldclass but I am not on the hall of fame. Getting loan offers still seems to be hard.

Positives: the reserves, the gameplay speed very good haven't noticed many bugs as last year when it first came out 

19 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

We've enlarged it slightly on the HDTV devices which seemed to have the worst contrast in this regard. We will continue to monitor the situation and will likely either add in a secondary mode with a higher contrast ball or make it bigger still in a future update. 

Thank you as always to everyone giving feedback - you're helping to make the game better for everyone :)

Nice. My device is Galaxy S9 btw, if it helps with anything! 

Hi, 

I normally use Selection view when selecting my team for an upcoming match. 

Any chance that you can add Morale to that view? 

This could possibly be done by replacing the Condition wheel column as there is already a column displaying Condition as a percentage. 

See screenshot for details.

Thanks 

Screenshot_20190527-064541__01.jpg.9154605e8cccb8905bcf7f65987d17c4.jpg

Also can we add something to the player and staff search so that we can filter by those that have your club as a favoured club?

I like to sign players that have an affinity but it's only by randomly stumbling across them currently.

I understand this exists in the PC version but not Mobile.

Say what you will, but this game has far too few passes... In a top game, my (non-playmaker!!!) CD will have made most passes, totalling 60 if he's been productive. Irl, you often get players making over 100 touches, but that never seems to happen in the game. Isn't that a tad unrealistic?

On 26/11/2019 at 09:27, Cilmeri said:

Hi.  I've come back to the game having not played a couple of versions.  The finances still bug me (and I think the reason I stopped playing before) - it's the lack of visibility on the mobile version and being able to plan.  eg I'm managing Crewe.  I had 65k pa wage budget, spent no money on transfers then trimmed the wages slightly so I could try and find some free transfers / loans, then in the new season my wage budget went down to 50k pa....

It's the lack of visibility of whether the club is likely to be suffering and needing to cut wages in future years etc.  Also whether cup runs make an impact - eg being drawn away to Man U in the cup should give Crewe a finance lift - but nothing noting that there is (I think?)

This is my one big wish for future updates. Finances add such a big amount of depth to the game and is a big part of what I miss from past games. 

I was sceptical at first remembering last year release was not so smooth. This year there seem to be a lot less bugs and game is running smoothly! Well done SI! New features are good and reserve team action is very welcome feature. Developing youth players now is well done for a mobile game. I'm absolutely loving this game, heck I even like new colours and looks. 

10 goals games are in past too (or is it just me?) And AI seems to be maybe bit more intelligent than in previous game. 

Selling fringe players isn't easy money anymore, or at least I tend to have a lot less than previously did. This brings nice touch of realism. 

Few observations:

-Matches attendance doesn't show? Is it more dynamic than before where only thing that seemed to affect was table position.

-Pass amounts are quite small I think? Or is just mine direct style of play :D

-That quick flash news are, well, too fast. Anyhow to read those results and transfers again?

-Stat outtakes during matches are nice, could be upped even more and sort of Assistants'  notes and observations during matches would be great too.

Keep up the good work lads!

Now into my third season. My feedback so far is:

What I like:

• The general refresh of the UI, the match day screens, and the revamped inbox. The new inbox layout actually encourages me to take more notice of emails rather than just skip through them.
  • The new stadiums and match engine. The match engine seems slicker, looks better and I like the new ball. I can’t put my finger on what but the match engine seems to play better.
  • Selecting my level of job interest. I think this is a standout feature of FMM20. My only issue with it is that selecting an option which implies you are open to leaving doesn’t seem to affect your relationship with the board.
  • Am I right in thinking that the Manager Options page has more options on what part of your role you can delegate to staff? This is good.
  • The 'move to reserves / promote to first team' function which gives you the option to promote/demote for next match only.
  • The reserve team feature. It makes the game more realistic and it gives you a much better understanding of how good your squad players are.

What I’m not sure about:

• Mentoring. So far my assistant manager has been making suggestions on player X mentoring player Y. Both player X and Y are always in agreement and the results are always positive improvements. Is this always the case? Will there be players who refuse to mentor or be mentored? Can players fall out over it? Can a player’s stats actually dip from bad mentoring?
  • Still too easy to sell unwanted players. I can shift so many average players for decent transfer values by simply offering them to clubs. It’s an easy guaranteed way of bolstering your transfer budget.

What I haven’t yet been able to see:

• Does the AI learn from your tactics? Will it be better at adapting the way it plays against you when you begin to dominate FMM.
  • AI squad management. One problem FMM has had is how clubs (particularly the big clubs) are unable to properly replace players. Often 10+ seasons down the line, a club like Barcelona will be full of ageing players who haven’t been suitably replaced.

• SI Staff
On 06/12/2019 at 09:51, Lillywhite Dean said:

Mentoring. So far my assistant manager has been making suggestions on player X mentoring player Y. Both player X and Y are always in agreement and the results are always positive improvements. Is this always the case? Will there be players who refuse to mentor or be mentored? Can players fall out over it? Can a player’s stats actually dip from bad mentoring?

There can be negative effects but if you are sensible in your pairings they tend to be rarer ... get a young player mentored by an unprofessional senior player and see how he develops ;)

• Still too easy to sell unwanted players. I can shift so many average players for decent transfer values by simply offering them to clubs. It’s an easy guaranteed way of bolstering your transfer budget.

I'll take a look into that, although arguably some managers are fairly good at this in real-life. Do you have a save with specific examples avialable for me?

Does the AI learn from your tactics? Will it be better at adapting the way it plays against you when you begin to dominate FMM.AI squad management. One problem FMM has had is how clubs (particularly the big clubs) are unable to properly replace players. Often 10+ seasons down the line, a club like Barcelona will be full of ageing players who haven’t been suitably replaced.

It tries to do both, but how successfully is debatable ... I don't want the AI to be like terminator and just kill everything in sight obviously ;)

(same thing with squad management, its a balancing act - there will be a patch out before xmas which has some long-term gameplay tweaks in them for this area, its always a challenge)

A couple of quirks I've noticed:

• Some of the larger clubs (Man City, Spurs, Liverpool), don't seem to be signing players or are only making one signing across a whole season. For example, Manchester City signed a really average centre midfielder from Nottm Forest for £4.9M. Spurs didn't sign anyone and sold Lucas Moura and Eric Dier.
  • I had a key player requesting a new contract and when we entered negotiations, he asked for less money than what he was currently on.
  • This just popped up about Pochettino. Appointed manager of Milan but the squad are disappointed that he isn't high profile enough. His reputation is 'world class'.

Screenshot_20191213-123846.thumb.png.473fc9629db5242e15b920e4e9e85845.png

Screenshot_20191213-123853.thumb.png.8f62fc6353eea1e4f932b872125bda48.png

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

Hi, i’ve been a diehard fan of this game. In fm19 mobile, i was placed in top 100 in the world and I certainly enjoyed FM a lot.

In my humble opinion, this version is not as good. The most obvious problem to me is that, youth development is often restricted. In coach report, it always says “development has Plateaued”. I have tried every possible method, like mentoring, talk to players, move to reserve or loan him out, but no luck. I’d say his professionalism and morale is highest already.  But the player wont grow.

Plus, i am not developing any average player. I am talking about developing messi newgen with 5 star potential (If i rank my players by potential, he is top of my list even higher than mbappe). How could he reach the height of messi if his development is restricted below 10 increase in attributes in a year?

This is really bad for me as the most enjoyable part of the game has been developing young talents into global superstars. Hope i could get a reply from the moderators. If any players have other suggestions into my issue, feel free to discuss as well! thanks.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, chingki said:

Hi, i’ve been a diehard fan of this game. In fm19 mobile, i was placed in top 100 in the world and I certainly enjoyed FM a lot.

In my humble opinion, this version is not as good. The most obvious problem to me is that, youth development is often restricted. In coach report, it always says “development has Plateaued”. I have tried every possible method, like mentoring, talk to players, move to reserve or loan him out, but no luck. I’d say his professionalism and morale is highest already.  But the player wont grow.

Plus, i am not developing any average player. I am talking about developing messi newgen with 5 star potential (If i rank my players by potential, he is top of my list even higher than mbappe). How could he reach the height of messi if his development is restricted below 10 increase in attributes in a year?

This is really bad for me as the most enjoyable part of the game has been developing young talents into global superstars. Hope i could get a reply from the moderators. If any players have other suggestions into my issue, feel free to discuss as well! thanks.

By all means email me the save game at marc.vaughan@sigames.com and I'll take a look and would be happy to further look into this and discuss it with you.

5 minutes ago, JamieLee90 said:

How is difficulty this year guys? Can I expect to walk the league with Man United first season ? Or is it going to be a challenge 

If you have found previous version of FMM easy then you will likely find FMM20 easy too.

I'm still playing my first career. I started at Southampton and was given a modest transfer budget. In my two seasons with them, I finished 15th and then was placed 10th when RB Leipzig came in for me. In my first full season, with a very decent sized transfer budget, I finished one point off 1st place and won the Europa League and the DFB Pokal Cup. I am now into my second full season with RB Leipzig and was given £70M at the beginning of the season. I managed to generate a further £94M by selling unwanted players and used my budget on signing Sandro Tonali for £70M, Dele Alli for £58M, and Bruno Fernandes for £52M. I strongly suspect that I will do very well again this season.

The Southampton part of the career was great but as soon as you're being handed big transfer budgets, the game gets so much easier. The fact that I can sell unwanted players for three times their transfer value means I can always generate vast sums of money too.

Will there be a fix about bids coming in for a player by multiple teams so you can open each bid individually, you can't negotiate sell on fees etc if you get more than 1 bid. And you can never try to add an exchange player if a team bids only if you bid

I have made £117M by selling unwanted players at inflated transfer values.

Here are two examples.

£11M for a player valued at £700K.

Screenshot_20191220-211128.thumb.png.68d4dc816bb214ec66e3900f25c9a73e.png

Screenshot_20191220-211118.thumb.png.07b6918a387a70759e325beffc3c41f6.png

£10M for a player valued at £2.4M.

Screenshot_20191220-211745.thumb.png.4461df040b2e1fc5b8b81d56b4835f0d.png

Screenshot_20191220-211737.thumb.png.7f14ca5ddfa5be495dab39a2b15cbb8b.png

This means that I can easily keep adding quality to my squad because I have an easy way of generating transfer funds. Along with the £70M my board gave to me, I have been able to spend over £180M on players this season.

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

LillyWhite Dean - interesting good to know, will work on making this slightly more challenging in the future, let me know if the latest update changed this at all for you btw ..

Just to make you aware that those two transfers occurred after the latest update.

One more piece of transfer related feedback. A club contacts me to make an offer on player X. They offer an amount that is either way below the player X's transfer value OR is an amount offered slightly above player X's transfer value. If I try to negotiate the transfer, the club will stay firm and only offer an amount close to their opening offer. What I will do is reject the offer, wait for the offer on the table to clear, and then immediately offer the player to any club for the amount I was asking during the negotiations (sometimes more). I am almost certainly guaranteed at least two clubs will match my asking offer. I therefore do most of my selling business by offering players to clubs for values that exceed the players true worth.

That's my experience anyway.

P.S. I am really enjoying the 2D enhanced match engine. The best version of it yet.

After over one month of playing it's still the best FMM so far! I've played all but first previously but 2020 edition is easily the best with reserve team addition and improved squad interaction. No major flaws or bugs came across to me which is surprising and great of course. 

Started new game before Christmas and decided to turn mighty Kings Lynn Town to EPL club. Now 5 seasons in 

My observations:

-There are fewer above-your-league freebies which you can sign easily than I. Previous versions. Obviously good and more realistic. Also I've struggled to get good players cheaply, also a great thing!

-Starting my 5th season, now in L1 and first few seasons offered nice challenge, needed second season to get promoted to FL, without getting into play-offs. I'd say it's bit more challenging now and that's a good thing.

-My stadium capacity have gone up from 8.200 to 10.200 without any information about it(!). Board let me upgrade my training and youth facilities somewhat easily whenever I made profit from player sales. 50k for a upgrade seems like peanuts? Maybe should be more expensive?

-If English lower leagues and Belgium and German leagues are loaded at the same time there are quite a exodus of Belgium and German players to English lower leagues. Moving from Germany to Kings Lynn to earn 275 pounds a week? Unlikely happening. 

-4th season everything clicked for my team and won L2 easily. I'm surprised that my team continuous that in L2 (1st after 12 games and no losses yet) with squad that just isn't up to most club standards. 

Overall, I'm enjoying this game even too much, thank you very much! :)

Not been on the forums for years having gave up the game . Purchased the new mobile version and have been loving it . Couple of things that could be improved . Hall of fame is pointless , I’ve won the league 5 times in a row Champions League 5 times , League and Fa cup 5 times , basically everything and yet still I’ve got managers without jobs above me having not won a thing . Annoying 😆 . Would be good to go back and see the commentary, always enjoyed that on the old games . I’ve been Manager of Derby from the start and never had one job offer having won all of the above 🤔 . Way too many injuries in a season too . Apart from all that , it’s good fun for what is a bite size version of the full Game . 
Please sort the Hall of Fame out though 👍🏽 
 Ahh one more thing , more in depth records and player history please . Lightweight on stats . I.E most games and goals for club aren’t available to see 🤔

Hi, 

Any chance we can have more bulk update features for your squad?

For example, offer to clubs or release player. 

When you want to offer 30+ players in one go, or to release a load of your reserve team at season's end, it gets VERY repetitive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wish we had the possibility to arrange friendlies or have the assistant manager suggest a few, rather than only having one or two games in the pre-season.

Also, is it possible to manage a nation that doesn't have its league activated? (Hungary, in this case)

• SI Staff
On 07/01/2020 at 17:05, champion067 said:

Also, is it possible to manage a nation that doesn't have its league activated? (Hungary, in this case)

You can manage any nation which has enough players in the active database - 50 are required. I don't know the exact number in the database for Hungary but presuming they are short (which I believe may be the case) - it may be possible to 'force' them to be manageable by making a 'MyClub' team and creating enough players with that nationality in the new clubs squad.

I thought I would share some additional feedback on FMM20 now that I have progressed further into my career.

I am enjoying the game and there are a lot of feature in this year's version that I really like. The positives outweigh the negatives and I'm enjoying it more than FMM19. However, I do still find the game too easy. I won't get into the fine details as most of you will have read my points on this before. However, I will make the following observations:

• Squad building is too easy. I have no trouble signing the players I want OR I find it too easy to search for quality players at reasonable transfer values OR the players I sign often gel quickly and make an immediate impact (I rarely have a 'Roberto Soldado' or a 'Vincent Janssen').
  • The AI on the other hand does not seem quite as proficient in signing the right players to improve their teams and offer a serious challenge to my dominance.
  • It is too easy to generate funds that give you the financial clout to outmuscle your rivals. I find it easy to offer unwanted players to clubs for values that far exceed their true worth. I often double my transfer budget each season. I also think the transfer budgets at some clubs are on the generous side.

Because I find it easy to build quality squads (and because the AI is unable to do this itself), it doesn't take long for me to start dominating the game.

The other point I want to make about the difficulty level is this; I have built an excellent first XI at RB Leipzig, and with this first XI I have won the Bundesliga (with 8 games to spare), sit 24 points clear of 2nd place (with six games to go), have reached the semi-final of the Champions League, and have reached the final of the DFB Pokal Cup. I decide to give the majority of my first XI a break (to rest them for the Champions League) and play my 2nd XI for the remaining Bundesliga games and Pokal Cup games. By my reckoning, this would give the AI a better chance at beating me as I'm not selecting my best players. However, I'm still churning out comfortable victories. I'm going to places like Bayern and winning comfortably 2-0. I don't think this should be happening. But if its the case that my 2nd XI is incredibly strong (and is better than most teams in the Bundesliga), then it kinda reinforces my point about squad building being too easy.

Gotta say I love this version of FMM. I've soon played FMM20 more than I have played FM20 and thats a first.

Question regarding coach reports. Should poor form effect the star rating very much? I took over Fiorentina and Marco Benassi was rated at 4 stars. After about 6 games with an average of 6.11 he is now at 2 stars. This happens all the time, the stars seems to be affected more by form than actual attributes.

Is this working as intended? @Marc Vaughan

Edited by Karnack

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Karnack said:

Gotta say I love this version of FMM. I've soon played FMM20 more than I have played FM20 and thats a first.

Question regarding coach reports. Should poor form effect the star rating very much? I took over Fiorentina and Marco Benassi was rated at 4 stars. After about 6 games with an average of 6.11 he is now at 2 stars. This happens all the time, the stars seems to be affected more by form than actual attributes.

Is this working as intended? @Marc Vaughan

Yeah the star rating is very much impacted by form - as in real-life the perception of a player is biased by how they're performing in the 'here and now' ... if a striker goes on a barren spell for 4-5 matches then pundits start asking if he's past it rather than realizing he's just been unlucky etc.

This is entirely intentional and is intended to (1) be realistic, (2) mean that you have to use your own judgement to cut through the opinions and ultimately decide what YOU think as a manager .

PS - Glad you're enjoying the game :D