Which club to loan to for progression?

18 year old Attacking Midfielder.   I want to loan him out cause he's too good for my U23 squad, but won't have a spot on my Main Squad.

I have two options:

1.  Hull - EFL Championship  -> Proposed playing time - Important Player.   Hull has Great Training facilities

2. Portsmouth - EFL League One -> Proposed playing time - Important Player.  Portsmouth has Great Training facilities also.

Hull is predicted to be at the bottom end of the Championship league.  Portsmouth is predicted 3rd in League One.

Which would I be better off loaning out to?  They both consider him to be an Important Player so he's likely to get plenty of playing time.   

Does it matter if a team does well and wins games as far as his progression is concerned?

Which team would you loan him out to?

angelgomes.PNG

Playing time & position > standard of opposition > quality of facilities in my opinion in terms of importance, so I'd choose Hull.

Yes Portsmouth are likely to win more games but in my experience (may be different in FM20), playing at a higher level is a more important factor than how successful on the pitch the team is that you're loaning the player to.

3 hours ago, extremeskins04 said:

Portsmouth is predicted 3rd in League One.

Portsmouth, great training facilities + a strong change to play + the possibility of winning more than losing  will give him good development experience and this is much better than being in a team that is going to be struggling. He could be a squad player and I think the effect will still be positive overall