[FM20] [MOD] Match Screen Mods

wkdsoul

2019_mod.thumb.png.b7bc54e561704725a5755cc305023209.png.b5181a1a6785489c7e659ea85e593743.png

Football Manager 2020 - Match Screen Mods  (MikeMurrays)

Michael Murrays panel have been checked to be working perfect for FM20 so the post/link & instructions are the same as previous year.

Welcome to my Match Screen Mods for Football Manager 2020 I have reworked them this year rolling them into one mod whilst offering more flexibility and some more user friendly customization.

The mod this year incorporates the main Match In Between Highlights mod with the various Match Review Screens.

The IBH panel and its Review panel have both been expanded out to eight panels this year, with each of them fully re-sizable in game by grabbing the divider between the panels and dragging it until you get the size you want, you can also drag the divider to the corner of the screen to fully hide a panel if you don't need all of them.

For the Half-Time and Full-Time Review Panels these are largely the same as last year with one selectable panel on the left and two on the right.

I have also added in some alternative views for the Overview, Match Stats and Formation which can now be selected like the other views via the drop-down menus in the top right corner, I've also re-worked the Player Rating panels these now use the Full Panel but with the Basic view added in and you can change the views by select the drop-down box on the left of those panels.

And like last year there is only the need for one version of the mod regardless of which skin or even which mode of FM you are using, though some of the information or screens might not show up in the Touch Mode as it doesn't support the same data as the full mode.

And as always outside of the match screen this mod make no changes, so it should be compatible with any skin that hasn't already altered these panels.

Screenshots

1626508493_@bluestillidie00-Discord21_11_201918_22_01.thumb.png.dadd0f8ffee0298bcda94fa82b5fcba4.png  24862985_FootballManager202021_11_201918_19_50.thumb.png.dcfaea913764c14a0cbb68078dff04aa.png

1855779897_FootballManager202021_11_201918_29_26.thumb.png.9cd8bae124a1a8ed5c6018978432871e.png

Installation Instructions

For Full Mode Version:

If you are using the default skins:

- Place the panels folder into your User Data Location which by default is:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\

If you are using a custom skin:

- Place the panels folder inside the folder for the skin you are using, by default this will be:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\skins\<skin_name>\

Then from the Preferences -> Interface Menu turn off the skin cache and reload your skin for the changes to be loaded.

For Touch Mode Version:

After unzipping place the panels folder inside the folder for the skin you are using, by default this will be:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 Touch\skins\<skin_name>\

If you are using one of the default Touch Skins then you will need to download and switch to one of the Base Touch Skins.

Then from the Preferences -> Interface Menu turn off the skin cache and reload your skin for the changes to be loaded.

To change the item shown in each panel just select the drop down arrow in the top right hand corner of each panel and select the view you want. So if you want to change the Left Panel from the Overview to the Match Stats view, just select Match Stats in the dropdown menu.

You can also adjust the width of the columns in game by dragging the dividing line left/right, unfortunately you cannot adjust the height split of the right panel as the game wouldn't store the status.

If you want to change the appearance of the content that appears in the individual menus then you will need to follow the instructions in the Advanced Instructions section below.

Any problems let me know I gave it a quick run through several games and didn't see any issues, also I haven't tested it on Touch Mode but it looks like Touch Mode uses the same files so it should work.

Advanced Instructions

These are largely the same as last year so if you used last years version you should know what to do.

How to Enable Different Views

How to Adjust the Size of the Panels

How to Change Kit/Logo & Text Sizes on Overview View

LINK

FM20 - Match Screen Mods.rar

---
Redistribution Terms
You are free to post this content to your website provided:
1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

2 hours ago, mozza79 said:

Yes i got these working they are great but is there any way of making the boxes more transparent? I play commentary only and use stadium backgrounds on match day screen but can barely see them due to the darkness of the boxes in this version.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/451079-fm19mod-background-support-mod/

Don't know if this is possible, but is there any way on the player ratings section that you can have them ordered by position/see what position they are playing? Hopefully this picture  will show what I mean/am asking for.

image.thumb.png.ffa015edc896ea3f7c414a953d5a89d8.png

Edited by Watson156

Hoping I can get some help, please.

I am using the FM18 panels that michael murray created, which I did in FM19 as well, because I prefer the layout but in FM20 in having issues with the transparency. As you can see from the screenshot, the panels are fully transparent. Is there a way to make them have the black/grey background they should have?

Thanks

Panels.JPG

6 hours ago, atahualpamaia10 said:

In my case, the 'Le Havre Stats' Column isn't working, the opponents neither.
The opponent and mine Formation it's not showing too. It stays blacked out as if nothing was selected (print).
Do you have any idea of what could be, @wkdsoul? Thank you.

zzz.png

lInk updated. 

1 hour ago, frank_olaf said:

Hoping I can get some help, please.

I am using the FM18 panels that michael murray created, which I did in FM19 as well, because I prefer the layout but in FM20 in having issues with the transparency. As you can see from the screenshot, the panels are fully transparent. Is there a way to make them have the black/grey background they should have?

Thanks

Panels.JPG

20 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

I had a look at this thread but couldn't really figure out what to do. Which box do I need to adjust for the match in between highlights panel? Or is it better if I ask in that thread?

Thanks.

appearance="boxes/bordered/transparent/paper"  is the file you need.   Guide on adjusting transparency is in the sticky threads at top of the main page.

43 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

appearance="boxes/bordered/transparent/paper"  is the file you need.   Guide on adjusting transparency is in the sticky threads at top of the main page.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, but i'm struggling with this. I can't see those files you mentioned. I see the following (see screenshot).

folders.JPG

1 minute ago, frank_olaf said:

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, but i'm struggling with this. I can't see those files you mentioned. I see the following (see screenshot).

folders.JPG

copy the standard folder, and rename it transparent

17 hours ago, sidslayer said:

Use the files in boxes/custom for your preferred transparency level. Obviously rename them (they’re numbered here - 0=fully transparent)

Or open the file in photoshop and edit the opacity. 

I changed the opacity of the paper and paperx2 files from 255 to 22 and I'm having exactly the same issue. Nothing changed with the transparency of the panels. 

Just to confirm, I only added the 'Transparent' folder to the skins > graphics folder, none of the others that I downloaded.  Is that ok or do I need them all? The default file that was there 'background' is there as well.

Thanks.

In the file I suggested that you download there are png files in the boxes/custom/? folder that are numbered: 0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90 and 100. 

I suggested this file to download because these pngs have already been edited to different levels of transparency. Simply put one of them in the folder that controls the panel you want to edit and rename it paper. Use the same file (20,30,40,whatever) for the paper2x as well.

Its a resource. A collection of files with different levels of transparency. 

I’m afraid I do not know which folder is applicable for matchday panels. I thought you had already found that folder. (The standard folder you’ve already renamed transparent) I was mearly making a suggestion of how to make a paper.png transparent. Presumably just the loose paper.png and paper2x.png in your created transparent folder (from standard) as suggested by wkdsoul.

Or use photoshop.

Edited by sidslayer

Boxes/bordered/transparent/paper I believe is the paper.png that needs adjusting (based on reading the entire thread - as suggested by wkdsoul)

Make sure your folder structure is as above. Judging by one of your earlier posts you’ve put the transparent folder straight into Graphics. It should be graphics/boxes/bordered/transparent, I believe.

Use one of the numbered png files I’ve suggested, as a resource, as your new paper files. (Rename the number file, whatever level of transparency you desire, to paper and put it in the boxes/bordered/transparent folder)

Edited by sidslayer

44 minutes ago, sidslayer said:

Boxes/bordered/transparent/paper I believe is the paper.png that needs adjusting (based on reading the entire thread - as suggested by wkdsoul)

Make sure your folder structure is as above. Judging by one of your earlier posts you’ve put the transparent folder straight into Graphics. It should be graphics/boxes/bordered/transparent, I believe.

Use one of the numbered png files I’ve suggested, as a resource, as your new paper files. (Rename the number file, whatever level of transparency you desire, to paper and put it in the boxes/bordered/transparent folder)

Thank you. I've made that change now (to the folder structure) so hopefully it'll work.

I'm trying to use the FM19 version now and am having the issue where the player stats panel changes between home and away team, not human/computer team. Is there a way to make it always show the stats of my players?

I'm also getting the issue where the panel widths randomly reset, is there a fix for that?

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

I'm trying to use the FM19 version now and am having the issue where the player stats panel changes between home and away team, not human/computer team. Is there a way to make it always show the stats of my players?

I'm also getting the issue where the panel widths randomly reset, is there a fix for that?

Thanks.

It happened in FM19, the main reason why I stopped to use them.

And also why I asked this last week, so thanks for responding my question ;)

On 22/11/2019 at 13:31, keysi said:

Does it still reset the widgets every second match when you are home or away? I mean the height & width of the widgets and the selected widgets as well.

23 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

Unfortunately, that didn't work. I used the 80 resource file as the new paper file but it's still completely transparent. This is the folder structure i have now:

image.thumb.png.e3601520bc5402d1e6c07feb48a6ba39.png

and this is what my boxes folder looks like:

image.thumb.png.618b974e4e2e2ae423bb8121e00526ce.png

If you’ve changed the paper file and you’re still not seeing the results then I’d imagine the folder structure isn’t right in some way. 

This might seem silly, but have you played around a bit? You can’t really break anything :) Especially now you have every level of transparency you’d need.

Also, if you change your windows view in the folder you’re looking at you can see the paper files as large or extra large icons. You can actually then tell roughly what transparency a paper file is just by looking at it.

Could someone please help we with changing the size of the panels in the match in between highlights panel? 

I know I can adjust the widgets in game but the they keep resetting themselves, so I want to see if there is a way to do this in the code.

I want to make the far left panel into one large panel, like the middle two.

There is a line of code for each section (LL, LR, RL, RR) which contains this:

container class="vertical_adaptive_container" layout="-1,-1" min_height_top="1" min_height_bottom="1" >

I tried to change the "min_height_bottom" to "0" in the hope that that would get rid of the bottom of the two panels in LL, but that didn't work. What value do I need to enter here to make the bottom of the two panels disappear and have the top one take up all the space?

Thanks.

43 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Could someone please help we with changing the size of the panels in the match in between highlights panel? 

I know I can adjust the widgets in game but the they keep resetting themselves, so I want to see if there is a way to do this in the code.

I want to make the far left panel into one large panel, like the middle two.

There is a line of code for each section (LL, LR, RL, RR) which contains this:

container class="vertical_adaptive_container" layout="-1,-1" min_height_top="1" min_height_bottom="1" >

I tried to change the "min_height_bottom" to "0" in the hope that that would get rid of the bottom of the two panels in LL, but that didn't work. What value do I need to enter here to make the bottom of the two panels disappear and have the top one take up all the space?

Thanks.

They are sliders you can use just click on the divider line between the boxes and drag.

26 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

They are sliders you can use just click on the divider line between the boxes and drag.

The issue with that is the widgets seem to reset themselves at times, so I have the readjust them every few games. That's why I was hoping there was a way to do it in the file.

2 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

The issue with that is the widgets seem to reset themselves at times, so I have the readjust them every few games. That's why I was hoping there was a way to do it in the file.

layout="-1,-1"

those are the panel sizes in each container, 

1 minute ago, wkdsoul said:

layout="-1,-1"

those are the panel sizes in each container, 

Thanks. If I keep the first one at -1 and set the second one to 0, will that mean only the top one shows? Thanks.

Also, is there a way to test this other than waiting for a match in game?

1 minute ago, frank_olaf said:

Thanks. If I keep the first one at -1 and set the second one to 0, will that mean only the top one shows? Thanks.

Also, is there a way to test this other than waiting for a match in game?

yes and no.

On 25/11/2019 at 10:16, keysi said:

It happened in FM19, the main reason why I stopped to use them.

And also why I asked this last week, so thanks for responding my question ;)

Unfortunately, this still happens. It's "frustrating" but I think it's still a bug from the game.

There was selector, same as with these match screen modes so I took the selector out of the screen and I only left here Home and Away tactic widgets so there is nothing that could cause the resetting.

So, instead to have 8 or 9 widgets available to select in the drop down, I decided to have only home and away formations on left/right side.

You will be able to do the same with Michael's panels but not sure about the size of them. But it's possible for sure I would say.

I'm less familiar with the in-workings of Michael's mods these days and maybe your versions already have it but do you have default_items set within the selector widget? I do and I don't have this problem.

I won't go into too much detail initially in case I'm barking up the wrong tree but you can easily check by searching within the match inbetween highlights panel for 'default_items' (ctrl+F) to see if it's there. It should then have the ID of what you want set as default as the value. 

For example, this sets the match stats:

<widget class="match_view_selector_panel" id="selA" pause_match_on_menu_opening="true" default_item="mtst" file="client_object/client object viewer selector match">

There should be one for each sub-panel...

5 hours ago, Loda said:

I'm less familiar with the in-workings of Michael's mods these days and maybe your versions already have it but do you have default_items set within the selector widget? I do and I don't have this problem.

I won't go into too much detail initially in case I'm barking up the wrong tree but you can easily check by searching within the match inbetween highlights panel for 'default_items' (ctrl+F) to see if it's there. It should then have the ID of what you want set as default as the value. 

For example, this sets the match stats:

<widget class="match_view_selector_panel" id="selA" pause_match_on_menu_opening="true" default_item="mtst" file="client_object/client object viewer selector match">

There should be one for each sub-panel...

Great solution! But how can I set the default to a panel to always show my teams Player Ratings instead of based on Home or Away.

1 hour ago, Rivanov said:

Great solution! But how can I set the default to a panel to always show my teams Player Ratings instead of based on Home or Away.

What shows is dependent on the widget ID and team_index both of which only, as far as I know, differentiate between home and away. It's actually the same panel being called upon twice. I've personally not seen a 'human managed' option in terms of an ID for any of the match widgets in the time I've created these panels (I have my doubts but maybe someone else has?).

Usually you can check in the properties for relevant IDs but even that looks more difficult for match pages in the absence of a match properties.xml

Edited by Loda