[FM20] KRC Genk: Mijn club, voor altijd

Makalele

KRC GENK TEAM THREAD

800px-KRC_Genk_Logo_2016.svg.png

Welcome to the team!

36c9a327a4f9f4f18857deaf780f6cc0.png

Koninklijk Racing Club Genk, commonly known as KRC Genk, Racing Genk or simply Genk, is a Belgian professional football club based in the city of Genk in Belgian Limburg. Racing Genk plays in the Belgian Pro League and have won four championship titles; in 1998–99, in 2001–02, in 2010–11 and in 2018–19. They also won four Belgian Cups, most recently in 2008–09 and in 2012–13. They qualified for the UEFA Champions League group stage in the 2002–03, 2011–12 and 2019–20 seasons.

The club formed in 1988 by the merger of Waterschei Thor with KFC Winterslag, from which it took over the matricule number. It has been one of the most successful clubs in Belgium since the late 1990s and so they regularly qualify for European competitions. The club has been playing in the first division since the 1996–97 season. They play their home matches in the Luminus Arena. Their main outfit is blue and white.

9ebd1460-9d92-11e9-acf3-7c2000654eda_web

Genk is well known for its outstanding youth academy. In 2003 they built their youth center next to their stadium and set up a youth program with Ronny Vangeneugden. There are further plans to build a boarding school and some synthetic pitches. In the past and now, many young players have found their way through the youth system. Some examples are Yannick Carrasco, Jelle Vossen, Dennis Praet, Steven Defour, Christian Benteke, Thibaut Courtois, Divock Origi, Timothy Castagne and Kevin De Bruyne.

Their scouting is also highly regarded. Players like Kalidou Koulibaly, Wilfred Ndidi, Leon Bailey and Sergej Milinković-Savić all played for Genk.

If you are interested in the history of this club, you can check out the Wikipedia page.

line-png-16800.thumb.png.0be0300b264b554542c0f78ebce68acc.png

The club

Stadium

Genk play their matches in the Luminus Arena. The Luminus Arena is a multi-purpose stadium in Genk, Belgium. The stadium has a capacity of 23,718 (of which 4,200 are standing places) and was built in 1999. Heusden-Zolder played at this stadium for their single season at the top level in 2003-04. The average home attendance varies from 20,000 to 22,000 supporters.

stadium-of-krc-genk-during-the-belgium-p

Facilities

99b0ad937a3a33a8e8155119a82e5129.png

Club Culture

1332093d98001409473d05c6d591dca2.png

line-png-16800.thumb.png.0be0300b264b554542c0f78ebce68acc.png

THE SQUAD

Goalkeepers

f5c18eb72c95ad84cb569985259bab22.png

Genk are somewhat handicapped in this position. In Danny Vukovic, KRC Genk possess a very experienced and good goalkeeper. Unfortunately, Vukovic is out injured for the entire season. With his contract running out and the end of the season it might not be worthwhile to renew the 34-year-old’s contract.

Genk are blessed with young goalkeepers who posses a lot of talent.

First-choice goalkeeper: Gaëten Coucke: The 20-year-old Belgian and home-grown youth product has the chance to prove himself this season. With Vukovic out injured, he is the undisputed first-choice goalkeeper.

Back-up goalkeeper: Maarten Vandevoordt: At just 17 years old, he already looks like a goalkeeper with bags of potential. He looks like a viable back-up option and should be given some game-time to aid his development.

Defenders

e874a0d5f3287206c429bc2a58dc98c3.png

The team is blessed with young and pacey defenders. In Lucumi and Cuesta Genk posses a very strong, fast and technically gifted central duo. The Colombian duo are playing well and really complement each other well.

Genk’s fullbacks are arguably the best in the league. Uronen on the left and Maehle on the right provide Genk with plenty of width and attacking intent. They are both offensive minded full backs and have the ability to run up and down the field for an entire game.

The back-up options are great too. Youth product Wouters and captain Dewaest provide great backup in the centre. Borges and De Norre provide decent backup on the flanks.

No further investments are needed.

Midfielders

498768a76390801171809d3138c7ac85.png

Another area in which Genk is blessed with talent. In this area of the field, you will find the clubs best player: Sander Berge. Berge is a strong and technical midfielder who bosses Genk’s midfield. At just 21 years old, he’s already been in Genk’s first team for 3 years. He possesses great ability and will no doubt be one of the best youth prospects in the game. Paried with Bryan Heynen, Genk possess a strong and technical midfield duo which belongs to the best in the league.

Another interesting player is Ianis Hagi, as Gheorghe Hagi’s son, there is a lot to be expected of this young player.

Genk is blessed with talent and no further investments are needed.

Attackers

11a2aaedce59aea0c3bce83f16c478da.png

Samatta, last season's top scorer,  is the spearhead of Genk’s attack. The attack is mainly characterized by strong and quick players. With Paul Onuachu, Genk’s team possesses not only great pace, but also aerial ability. Look out for Benjamin Nygren, who has the potential to become absolutely world-class.

Youth Prospects

With just an average age of 23, Genk clearly possesses a very young team. Genk’s philosophy has always been to develop youth products and give them a chance in the first team. Young players that are not yet ready for first-team football are usually loaned out to gain valuable match experience. At the start of the game, there are a few young players which could potentially turn into stars. Keep an eye out for the following players:

Amine Khammas

Rubin Seigers

Dante Vanzeir

Edon Zhegrova

Edited by Makalele

WHY SHOULD YOU MANAGE KRC GENK? 

Great squad

First of all, you inherit a very talented squad. There is a healthy mix between young players with bags of potential and established players in their prime. Nevertheless, the focus is very much on the development of young players. You have one of the best squads in the league, which makes you a title candidate from the get-go. Hardly any investment is needed to compete, which means you can just hit the ground running and focus on the development of your already talented squad. Do you like managing a team which focuses on young players? Then KRC Genk is the perfect team for you!

Great facilities

Training facilities: excellent training facilities

Youth facilities: superb youth facilities

Junior coaching: good academy coaching

Youth recruitment: exceptional youth recruitment

The club has amazing training and youth facilities. In real life, KRC Genk is known for its amazing scouting system which is able to unearth one obscure talent after the other. Paired with an amazing youth academy, it will come as no surprise that KRC Genk's main focus is on developing young players. Right from the start, you have one of the best training and youth facilities in the world. In recent years Belgium has been stealing the spotlight as a footballing nation. With a great 2018 World Cup, where Belgium beat Brazil in a thrilling quarter-final, it is clear that Belgium is capable of producing world class players. As KRC Genk you could be one of the main providers of exceptional players from a very talented footballing nation.  Do you like to develop youngsters? Then KRC Genk is the perfect team for you!

Finances

KRC Genk is in the business of buying relatively unknown, young players for peanuts and then selling them to bigger clubs for lots of cash. This means that KRC Genk is loaded with cash. You start the game with a whopping 130 mil euros in the club coffers. This makes you the richest team in Belgium! You start with a transfer budget of just 2 mil euros, but if you manage your finances well during the first months of the season, the chairman will allow you to spend upwards of 60 mil in the january transfer window. The one challenge to maintaining such a healthy bank balance is the absence of any prize money or ridiculously low tv-money in the Belgian top division. This means that your main sources of income are: selling players and Champions League prize money. Do you like a team with bags of cash? Then KRC Genk is the perfect team for you!

Jupiler Pro League

The Belgian top division, aptly sponsored by one of our biggest beer producers, is a very challenging league. KRC Genk are the reigning champions after a fantastic season under the lead of Philippe Clement (who went on to manage Club Brugge). There are a couple of teams that can challenge you for the title, most notably Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Standard and Gent. The league is divided into two stages. In the first stage 'the regular season', each of the 16 competitors in the Pro League hosts every other team once in the regular season, for a total of 30 matches between July and March. A win earns three points and a draw earns one point. Teams are ranked by total points, then by total wins and finally by goal difference, number of scored goals, number of away goals and number of away wins. If teams are still level, a test-match is played in two legs to determine the final order in the standings.

A playoff phase is then played from March to May. The top 6 teams from the regular season enter the championship playoff, with the first-placed team winning the championship of Belgium. The point system in the championship playoff is the same as during the regular season, except that each team starts with half of the points they won in the regular season, rounded up to the nearest integer. The points gained by rounding are deducted in the case of a tie. Each team plays their opponents twice, and the teams are ranked by points, points from rounding, wins, etc. as in the regular season.

Teams ranked 7 to 15 are joined by three teams from the Belgian First Division B and divided into two groups of six teams. These are called the Europa League playoffs. The winners of both groups now play a single match to determine the overall playoff winner, with the winner playing the fifth-placed team from playoff 1 in a single match for the final Europa League ticket.

At the start of the game, the Belgian first division is ranked as the 9th most reputable competition in the world. It could be quite a challenge to try and improve that league ranking, making the competition more attractive for players. Do you like a exciting competition with a refreshing format? Then KRC Genk is the perfect team for you!

UEFA Champions League

By winning the league, KRC Genk have qualified for the group stage of the Champions League. Interestingly, in its entire history, KRC Genk have never won a Champions League game. Evidently, they have never been able to qualify from the group stage. Because Genk are seeded as 4th, they will most likely be placed in a very tough group making progressing through to the next round very challenging. Do you like to compete in the Champions League and prove your worth? Then KRC Genk is the perfect team for you!

Edited by Makalele

5 hours ago, Duckelfsc said:

What's your thoughts on Joseph Paintsil and his potential? I signed him for Koln for €6m but he's been poor so far.

I have to say that i'm a bit disappointed by him. He has a lot of potential and is very fast, but he seems to lack the necessary end product. I feel that he lacks the technical and especially the mental attributes to become a good footballer. I would say that with the right training, he could become an average inside forward at best.

Interesting that Hagi's son is at Genk now, since he's not available on FM19, right?

I have bought Lucumi twice before in FM19, great defender. Knew of Berge and Heynen in FM19 but never used them. Berge might be someone I want to try in FM20.

Interesting to check out Cuesta and Nygren next time.

Also, didn't Genk changed their logo recently?

Time for an update. I had already started my save game with KRC Genk the day that the BETA came out. I usually just start one savegame with Genk and then keep on playing that one. So currently, i'm already in my 5th season with them. Nevertheless, I would like to roll back the years a little bit and give you guys an update of how I have been doing. So how did i do?

Season 2019/2020

I'm happy to call this season a success. At the start of the season we signed Thiago Almada for 6 mil euros to improve our attacking options. I sold Jakub Piotrowski to Southampton for 6,25 mil euros, as I felt that he did not really have the potential to go places. Also, I felt that the team already possessed enough quality at the centre of the park, which is why i decided to invest in a more attacking player. In january I signed Augustin Almendra for 4,2 mil euros as I changed formations in november to better accommodate Thiago Almada and my other players. I started with a 4231, but wanted to play a 4123, which is why I needed another option for my midfield. My choices seemed to paid off, since we were crowned Jupiler Pro League Champions! We also won the Belgian Cup. The Champions league was a whole different story. We were very unlucky to be drawn into Group A, which I labelled as the 'Group of Death'. I had to compete with Liverpool, Real Madrid and Inter. Not an easy task... Unfortunately, I was unable to grab a single point in the Champions League, getting thrashed every single time. Well, better luck next time!

Transfers in/out

f940e8b7d0d1bbc819daf8cb6c79d4e8.png

Jupiler pro league

5b25aa0a70092a913bd568bece601b26.png

e8c4c0fb72aeb133251c1054b81bf130.png

Croky Cup

25d2df3e65af47b37074e7a370d16233.png

Champions League

f4a43551db8c16117573bc14a7112fc3.png

7 hours ago, quee said:

Interesting that Hagi's son is at Genk now, since he's not available on FM19, right?

I have bought Lucumi twice before in FM19, great defender. Knew of Berge and Heynen in FM19 but never used them. Berge might be someone I want to try in FM20.

Interesting to check out Cuesta and Nygren next time.

Also, didn't Genk changed their logo recently?

I don't know if Ianis was in last years game.

Genk changed their logo in May 2016 from this:

krc-genk-vector-logo.png

Here's an interesting video explaining how the new logo came about:

3 hours ago, Makalele said:

I don't know if Ianis was in last years game.

Genk changed their logo in May 2016 from this:

krc-genk-vector-logo.png

Here's an interesting video explaining how the new logo came about:

As someone who has been dabbling in graphic/logo design recently, that video is super cool. I really like the new logo as well.

Got all my graphics sorted out last night (couldn’t find a Pro League set of kits so just added Genk’s), and license fix so ready to get this save underway.

Is it worth turning off the first window? I imagine someone like Berge is quite sort after, is it hard to keep hold of him or anyone at the start?

Last one what leagues do you suggest loading up? I’m thinking that best nations be ones I’m likely to buy players from but also sell to. I can’t load too many leagues though.

Tier 1 - Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Spain, England, Italy

Tier 2 - Portugal, Denmark, Romania, Slovenia

Tier 3 - Croatia, Czech, Norway, Sweden

Tier 4 - Serbia, Turkey, Poland, Switzerland

Can’t load them all, any suggestions on this?

6 hours ago, craiigman said:

Got all my graphics sorted out last night (couldn’t find a Pro League set of kits so just added Genk’s), and license fix so ready to get this save underway.

Is it worth turning off the first window? I imagine someone like Berge is quite sort after, is it hard to keep hold of him or anyone at the start?

Last one what leagues do you suggest loading up? I’m thinking that best nations be ones I’m likely to buy players from but also sell to. I can’t load too many leagues though.

Tier 1 - Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Spain, England, Italy

Tier 2 - Portugal, Denmark, Romania, Slovenia

Tier 3 - Croatia, Czech, Norway, Sweden

Tier 4 - Serbia, Turkey, Poland, Switzerland

Can’t load them all, any suggestions on this?

Unfortunately,there are no kit packs for the Belgian first division just yet. I'm also still waiting for one. Where did you get the Genk one ?

Turning off the first transfer window is up to you. A lot of your players are wanted by bigger teams at the start of the season. You will be fighting to keep hold of your top players and prospects for several seasons. Berge is rather loyal, so you should be able to keep hold of him.

I would definitely load the leagues from tier 1. I loaded the top divisions of the following: Spain, Italy, England, Germany, Holland, Portugal , Brazil  , France. I never felt limited.

17 minutes ago, Makalele said:

Unfortunately,there are no kit packs for the Belgian first division just yet. I'm also still waiting for one. Where did you get the Genk one ?

Turning off the first transfer window is up to you. A lot of your players are wanted by bigger teams at the start of the season. You will be fighting to keep hold of your top players and prospects for several seasons. Berge is rather loyal, so you should be able to keep hold of him.

I would definitely load the leagues from tier 1. I loaded the top divisions of the following: Spain, Italy, England, Germany, Holland, Portugal , Brazil  , France. I never felt limited.

I got the kits from here: https://www.futbin.com/20/club_items/kits?page=1&club=673

If you click on each one there is a png. I then downloaded a kit pack online, and just edited the config file to match, just followed the same strings:

<record from="j0_673_0" to="graphics/pictures/team/258/kits/home"/>
		<record from="j1_673_0" to="graphics/pictures/team/258/kits/away"/>
		<record from="j3_673_0" to="graphics/pictures/team/258/kits/third"/>

If the images are in the same folder, 258 is Genk. Then just works. I don't know how to make my own config file to be able to share though I'm afraid.

edit: This might work for you: https://drive.google.com/file/d/193YsENkzzG8-CzoGBMsSdzvCY-ugRcMM/view?usp=sharing

Edited by craiigman

20 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I got the kits from here: https://www.futbin.com/20/club_items/kits?page=1&club=673

If you click on each one there is a png. I then downloaded a kit pack online, and just edited the config file to match, just followed the same strings:

<record from="j0_673_0" to="graphics/pictures/team/258/kits/home"/>
		<record from="j1_673_0" to="graphics/pictures/team/258/kits/away"/>
		<record from="j3_673_0" to="graphics/pictures/team/258/kits/third"/>

If the images are in the same folder, 258 is Genk. Then just works. I don't know how to make my own config file to be able to share though I'm afraid.

edit: This might work for you: https://drive.google.com/file/d/193YsENkzzG8-CzoGBMsSdzvCY-ugRcMM/view?usp=sharing

Thank you very much!

Apparently you can find the Belgium Pro League kits (in SS style) on Sortitoutsi: https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/51047/belgium-pro-league-ss201920-new-231119

On 23/11/2019 at 08:29, Makalele said:

Time for an update. I had already started my save game with KRC Genk the day that the BETA came out. I usually just start one savegame with Genk and then keep on playing that one. So currently, i'm already in my 5th season with them. Nevertheless, I would like to roll back the years a little bit and give you guys an update of how I have been doing. So how did i do?

Season 2019/2020

I'm happy to call this season a success. At the start of the season we signed Thiago Almada for 6 mil euros to improve our attacking options. I sold Jakub Piotrowski to Southampton for 6,25 mil euros, as I felt that he did not really have the potential to go places. Also, I felt that the team already possessed enough quality at the centre of the park, which is why i decided to invest in a more attacking player. In january I signed Augustin Almendra for 4,2 mil euros as I changed formations in november to better accommodate Thiago Almada and my other players. I started with a 4231, but wanted to play a 4123, which is why I needed another option for my midfield. My choices seemed to paid off, since we were crowned Jupiler Pro League Champions! We also won the Belgian Cup. The Champions league was a whole different story. We were very unlucky to be drawn into Group A, which I labelled as the 'Group of Death'. I had to compete with Liverpool, Real Madrid and Inter. Not an easy task... Unfortunately, I was unable to grab a single point in the Champions League, getting thrashed every single time. Well, better luck next time!

Transfers in/out

f940e8b7d0d1bbc819daf8cb6c79d4e8.png

Jupiler pro league

5b25aa0a70092a913bd568bece601b26.png

e8c4c0fb72aeb133251c1054b81bf130.png

Croky Cup

25d2df3e65af47b37074e7a370d16233.png

Champions League

f4a43551db8c16117573bc14a7112fc3.png

I’ve tried my best to research style of play, but most I can find online is that Genk play 433, which is what I’ve set up.

Not sure on best instructions or roles yet will use the first few friendlies to learn the players.

What system did you use?

On 24/11/2019 at 23:00, craiigman said:

@Makalele Seems a bit weird they start with such a low youth scouting package. Thinking I should get this upped to world asap?

I wouldn't worry too much about the packages. The packages owned determine the number of players available to search through as well as increasing the knowledge level and player role visibility of players covered. The youth packages cover players aged 21 and under. I would set up your scouts to scout places such as south america, scandinavia, eastern europe etc and keep a track of the reports they deliver. 

On 25/11/2019 at 12:11, craiigman said:

I’ve tried my best to research style of play, but most I can find online is that Genk play 433, which is what I’ve set up.

Not sure on best instructions or roles yet will use the first few friendlies to learn the players.

What system did you use?

There are a few tactical options when starting out with Genk. I will be updating this thread with tactical suggestions.

Currently, (i'm in my 6th season) i'm using a 442 but wouldn't recommend that system in the first season unless you bring in another striker.

I'll also provide some more updates on how my career is progressing.

On what system did you settle eventually?

1 hour ago, Makalele said:

There are a few tactical options when starting out with Genk. I will be updating this thread with tactical suggestions.

Currently, (i'm in my 6th season) i'm using a 442 but wouldn't recommend that system in the first season unless you bring in another striker.

I'll also provide some more updates on how my career is progressing.

On what system did you settle eventually?

Only played 1 friendly so far but this is my main system at the moment:

45hNVEB.png

And then this when I want to slow things down a bit:

hntP5PF.png

My only concern is there are a few out and out wingers in the squad which don't fit into these systems, so I am thinking of a 3rd system which is more a direct 442 to use them effectively.

Just played the Supercup

jyLAjeZ.png

Changed the formation just slightly, Winger on the right rather than AP:

fVb0tyq.png

Midfield 3 all have more risky passes.

2 more friendlies to try and get the late holiday people match fit.

Just one signing for the first team:

£125k keeper just to help out with the long term injury of Vukovic

oWoDC56.png

Edited by craiigman

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2019 at 10:39, craiigman said:

Just played the Supercup

jyLAjeZ.png

Changed the formation just slightly, Winger on the right rather than AP:

fVb0tyq.png

Midfield 3 all have more risky passes.

2 more friendlies to try and get the late holiday people match fit.

Just one signing for the first team:

£125k keeper just to help out with the long term injury of Vukovic

oWoDC56.png

Looks like a solid team and set-up. COngratulations on your supercup win!

How's the rest of your season going?

On 04/12/2019 at 11:14, craiigman said:

P7wcZcA.png

Not ideal

Wow that's very close to Genk's real life group draw (switch Valencia for Red Bull Salzburg). Good luck with that!

I've had a very busy few week, but now it's time for another update.

Here's how I did in my second season at Genk.

Season 2020/2021

This season went a lot better than the first. It seemed that my players settled better into my system and my squad really gelled together well.

As a result, we were able to win the league and cup. Moreover, we did pretty well in the Champions League, reaching the quarter finales. We got knocked out by Lazio unfortunately!

I reintroduced two players who came back from a loan: Amine Khammas and Rubin Seigers. I rotated Khammas with Uronen at left back and rotated Seigers with Maehle at right back. I needed those rotation options because I was asking a lot of my full backs. Moreover, I invested in a top class striker who could bump Samatta to the bench. I was able to get in Chalov from CSKA Moscow. Had to break the bank to sign him, but boy, was he worth it! Another coup was the signing of Vignato who operated on the left flank as an inside forward. In January, I signed Munteanu to replace Samatta as a backup striker. Samatta had hinted he wanted to leave so I let him go.  I sold him to Porto for 22 mil euros. Also got rid of Casper De Norre, Ndongola and Zinho Gano.

I also signed some newgens.

Transfers in

d23cfd960fe67c6ff6745921a6a70905.png

Jupiler pro league

ba2bac140b6877f2a7ac491e2cb820a5.png

bd750d86933c8ba4234cbcc7f8083d4b.png

Croky Cup

0f65b57bf44643979a37b60d5b3eb947.png

Champions League

6de97fde392e3bd1f71a706e8b76b333.png

e57a2d8a8e90f892cb3b3483851c8f2c.png

624ad0a20213d38b49c42b4147f912ed.png

2 hours ago, Makalele said:

Looks like a solid team and set-up. COngratulations on your supercup win!

How's the rest of your season going?

Wow that's very close to Genk's real life group draw (switch Valencia for Red Bull Salzburg). Good luck with that!

I'm very slow, not a lot of time these days:

oBnSfL9.png

FF7HH08.png

I'd love to see your setup, I've let in as many goals as you did in a whole season in 8 games.

I fancy starting a Genk save. What's the highest calibre of player Genk could attract though? Say if after 5 years of building finances up and making the last 8 of the champions league. Would it be possible to get high reputation players to Belgium?

17 hours ago, Carlf788 said:

I fancy starting a Genk save. What's the highest calibre of player Genk could attract though? Say if after 5 years of building finances up and making the last 8 of the champions league. Would it be possible to get high reputation players to Belgium?

It definitely is. In my third season I signed Marquinhos Cipriano from Shakhtar. And like i said in my previous post, I signed Chalov from CSKA Moscow in my second season. Especially if you keep doing well in Europe, there is a very good chance of attracting good players. The main issue would probably be your wage budget. Remember that the Jupiler Pro League does not generate a lot of cash, so your dependent on sponsors, CL prize money and selling a few players here and there.

Hi i just started a Genk save i am playing on google stadia and unsure how i can get screenshots onto the forums to update my progress as all videos and screenshots save on to the app, but stupidly you cant share them :seagull:

Edited by lfc7

On 16/12/2019 at 13:37, lfc7 said:

Hi i just started a Genk save i am playing on google stadia and unsure how i can get screenshots onto the forums to update my progress as all videos and screenshots save on to the app, but stupidly you cant share them :seagull:

I have no idea on how to do that mate.

Here's my Ass man. Signed him on a free at the beginning. Still going strong after 8 years.

d38c2de2c806e255e736f7082dc14ef8.png

6 minutes ago, Makalele said:

I have no idea on how to do that mate.

Here's my Ass man. Signed him on a free at the beginning. Still going strong after 8 years.

d38c2de2c806e255e736f7082dc14ef8.png

I already settled on an assistant manager, but he needs to learn the language and isn't as good as him :(

Edited by lfc7

8 hours ago, lfc7 said:

I already settled on an assistant manager, but he needs to learn the language and isn't as good as him :(

WHo did you get?

Well, it seems to be bad luck to be talking about your personnel. My ass man decided to accept the manager's position at KV Kortrijk. I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to thrash his team :-)

I've signed the following guy as my new Ass man:

fa697031775e44455a6040e19a3941c8.png

6 hours ago, Makalele said:

WHo did you get?

Well, it seems to be bad luck to be talking about your personnel. My ass man decided to accept the manager's position at KV Kortrijk. I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to thrash his team :-)

I've signed the following guy as my new Ass man:

fa697031775e44455a6040e19a3941c8.png

Philipp Laux i can add pictures from phone :)

26D8B729-D4A7-4AA0-9A4A-AD73AB1051B5.jpeg

Edited by lfc7

On 19/12/2019 at 00:35, lfc7 said:

Philipp Laux i can add pictures from phone :)

26D8B729-D4A7-4AA0-9A4A-AD73AB1051B5.jpeg

He looks like a really good assistant. Nice find !

22 hours ago, lfc7 said:

1st competitive game done and a trophy :DPlayers struggled to get shots on target first half. Few tweaks lot better 2nd half 

image.jpg

Congrats on the result! Here's hoping to a successful campaign in the Jupiler Pro League. Keep us updated!

4 hours ago, craiigman said:

Been enjoying Genk but lack of time means full FM taking too long to get through. I've just loaded up a very similar database in FM Touch and going to give it a go from there. Will try to sign the same keeper.

All right man! Good luck on FM touch! 

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure if anyone is still (or considering) managing KRC Genk, but lockdown has forced me on to Channel 4 Player and I stumbled across a series called 'The Score' there.

Some of the acting may not be perfect, but it's a drama based on two young brothers seeking a career at KRC Genk, and might be of interest to a few. I've been watching on TV but the link below may work (have not tried).

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-score

Edited by Jogo Bonito

• 1 month later...