Lennons 4-4-2

Not played much so far, about half a season with Sunderland and Blyth.

Sunderland are expected to achieve promotion and in December are 10 points clear.

Lost away to Everton in the League (Caraboa) Cup and then board have remembered how disappointed they are since???

Blyth were happy to avoid Relegation, but at the same stage of the season they are clear top by 8/9 points. 

I use 2 versions named Normal or Underdog. At the start of the season Blyth were sometimes 3/1 for an away game so i went with the Underdog Tactic. After a few games we became favorites for all games home and away so i have just stuck with the Normal tactic. So maybe it should be called Favorites or Underdog.  With Sunderland against Everton i used the Underdog version had had equal shots as they did but lost 1-0. I thought it was a good performance but my board did not.

With Sunderland i control transfers and never bought anyone as i believe this squad should be good enough.

At Blyth i put a Director of Football in and i think he signed a couple of Free Transfers.

Untitled.png

Blyth.png

Positive 4-4-2 - Normal.fmf Positive 4-4-2 - Underdog.fmf

UPDATED (07/12/19)

REVISED TACTICS....

Changed a few things and find this is working better...

LENNONS NORMAL

LENNONS UNDERDOG

I use the NORMAL tactic in most games home and away, Only use Underdog when i am more than 3/1 to win.

LennonsNormal.fmf Lennons UNDERDOG 1.2.fmf

Edited by andysafc
Updated

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, cragswfc said:

looks promising you use ingame shouts? oi's etc

No. I set all my staff to Delegate for both teams so they sometimes make minor adjustments.

One thing i will say... this tactic is a 'In your face' style so expect bookings.

You can use 'tell player to calm down' when it pops up or i always use at least 2 of my subs every second half.

If a player does get red carded, replace him with one of the PF's and make the other one central. More often than not i still go on to win with only 10 men.

Untitled.png

8 hours ago, Law_Man said:

Going to give this a try. I remember your tactics from back in the day.  Any reason the right back in the away tactic is set to Attack?

Thanks.
I set one full back to attack so we are not so obvious for the opponents to read. You could do this with either full back if you thought one of them was stronger.

Sometimes i have used the Away tactic by accident in a home game and won by a good score. I think it would be a good idea to reverse the tactics after you have played the opponents twice.

54 minutes ago, DOP said:

Hi Andy, 

thank you for these tactics. i'm having good results with Arsenal. i'll try with a weaker club next.:applause:

Thank you.

I don't think you can expect to take a team like Blyth and expect to get them in the Premier League. The step up is to great. 

What i suggest is taking a lower League club getting them promoted and when another team see what you are doing and offer you a job, move up the ladder that way. You will make the Premier League by earning it from the bottom.

2 hours ago, andysafc said:

Thank you.

I don't think you can expect to take a team like Blyth and expect to get them in the Premier League. The step up is to great. 

What i suggest is taking a lower League club getting them promoted and when another team see what you are doing and offer you a job, move up the ladder that way. You will make the Premier League by earning it from the bottom.

don't underestimate your tactic! you may be surprised! as long as you make the right signings each year, the impossible may be possible! 

how does the PF (s) perform for you? i tried a similar combo of have one ST on (a) and one on (s) but the one on (s) wasn't effective at all. do you mind if i try this and change something? i want to try the PF on support and have him "move into channels" and then a Poacher 

i think it depends on the team and their limitations.

On FM 2019 i could take Sunderland from Division One to the Premier in consecutive seasons and was in the top 6 in the Premier each year. With lower teams you need patience. Promotion, consolidate then promotion.

It was my intention to use PF's to move into channels but as this option is not available in FM 2020 for PF's on support i went with... move into space.

6 minutes ago, andysafc said:

i think it depends on the team and their limitations.

On FM 2019 i could take Sunderland from Division One to the Premier in consecutive seasons and was in the top 6 in the Premier each year. With lower teams you need patience. Promotion, consolidate then promotion.

It was my intention to use PF's to move into channels but as this option is not available in FM 2020 for PF's on support i went with... move into space.

i've yet started a lower league file as i'm having issues with a bug when starting a new file. but i can see that this game for sure is more challenging when selecting a lower rep team.

though i still think its possible to have similar results as did in FM19, it just takes a lot more management. there's no 1 tactic that'll guarantee you success, you have to do tweaking according to the team your up against. i love attacking, so far, i cannot beat Wolves or Watford as they play 5 at the back and very cautious.

but so far with your tactic with my mentioned tweaks, PL3 W3 with Leicester (i was favourite to win all 3) 

Those stats are impressive for a Premier League away game, but sometimes they can be frustrating where you create plenty of chances but cannot score.

I normally change to Attacking Mentality, but i would not go very attacking unless i had nothing to lose. It rarely works.

Some Notes...

I ALWAYS praise a player after a good match or Training and criticise a player for poor Training. Good Morale helps a lot in this game but make a note to stop praising a player once he says... i'm not prepared to go over this again.

1 hour ago, RDF Tactics said:

20191123085820_1.thumb.jpg.5cd1319e33414415f52916077795d3b0.jpg

more testing needed but very impressive so far created 5 CCCs away from home, more shots on target than off, difficult to achieve on this fm haha...Vardy hat trick on Poacher

p.s this was with the away tactic as west ham were favourites, may stick with it haha

Can you upload the tweaked tactic? I'm struggling to create more than 1 or 2 CCCs in any game and majority of shots off target, across a variety of different tactics.

RDF mentioned that he put PFs on move onto channels, that is the only tweak. I don’t see that option on mine, maybe because he is using full control? I am using classic where they choose the options, move into channels is not visible on mine. However, scoring goals is not a problem. I have a huge goal difference with both teams.

1 hour ago, andysafc said:

RDF mentioned that he put PFs on move onto channels, that is the only tweak. I don’t see that option on mine, maybe because he is using full control? I am using classic where they choose the options, move into channels is not visible on mine. However, scoring goals is not a problem. I have a huge goal difference with both teams.

I looked into this on the away tactic and found the left PF on attack has move into channels automatically set to on, you can manually switch it on on the right PF which is on support

image.thumb.png.b3d9144b751c8e3fc5c594fbd9f8a61e.png

image.thumb.png.e627005b09bbc6d96f92836c179de6d6.png

Going to give these a go.  Playing with a recently promoted Dunstable Town in the Vanarama south (simmed ahead 30 years).  4-3 home loss in the first match with it to Dorking (just noticed I used the Away tactic for the match though).  This after a 3-3 away draw with Farnborough and a 1-3 loss at Home to Bath with my selected tactic. 

Sunderland away to MK Dons i tried the tweaked version, at half time the score was 1-1. Second half i played the original Tactic and won 3-1.

I think it depends to the players you have. RDF had Vardy and maybe he was better suited to that role. 

8 minutes ago, Ragin Cajun said:

Going to give these a go.  Playing with a recently promoted Dunstable Town in the Vanarama south (simmed ahead 30 years).  4-3 home loss in the first match with it to Dorking (just noticed I used the Away tactic for the match though).  This after a 3-3 away draw with Farnborough and a 1-3 loss at Home to Bath with my selected tactic. 

Should definatley work in the Vanarama South. Did you give it a full pre-season? If your players moral is low it will take longer.

15 minutes ago, andysafc said:

Should definatley work in the Vanarama South. Did you give it a full pre-season? If your players moral is low it will take longer.

I had already run the preseason so no.  I installed this after the first match so yes, they will need a little time.  The good thing is I was already in a 442.

2 minutes ago, andysafc said:

RDF please do upload them here. That looks a very impressive League Table. Well Done!

it was only temporary haha, i had Chelsea (a) Man Utd (h) Man City (h) Liverpool (a) Arsenal (a)...in that order!!! these fixtures are ridiculous man lol 5 out of the top 6 in a row, i had Tottenham to games before, so that the top 6 in 8 games.

2 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

this annoys me and never had a problem with it in the beta. players ratings....i beat United away with ease, 3-1, but yet, only Amartey and Maddison had good games lol. they only had 2 shots on target, think my defence deserve more lol

20191123160212_1.thumb.jpg.f17c62894dc798a120b1a237f2e719e3.jpg

FM2020 loves yellow cards too! But hey that was a good score.

29 minutes ago, andysafc said:

FM2020 loves yellow cards too! But hey that was a good score.

only reason why im not against the amount of yellow cards is because of the hard tackling and intense pressure. it gives excellent results but it comes with yellow cards and suspensions. always good to have a look at players body language, no matter how early or late in the game, if a player is book and body language is negative, i sub him immediately 

WOW! what can i say about this tactic! 91 points, finished 2nd with Leicester, even reserves won the league lol. Vardy scoring goals for fun... @andysafc well done man! i'm now going on the full version and starting a new file with Leicester :)  make some signings and see what happens. probably will be a bit more difficult in the full version though, with all the team dynamics and other stuff

20191123164600_1.thumb.jpg.a0a5f44436b73b7f24fde11eb4f392af.jpg20191123164718_1.thumb.jpg.d4b42d62ec1ae1fe2626c410887194bf.jpg20191123164705_1.thumb.jpg.6e8d4ef2e811ae004288c41c5ac51ff1.jpg20191123164614_1.thumb.jpg.1831192a38cd29337a6b8264cf952da3.jpg20191123163850_1.thumb.jpg.d1dd818adb751836e79564f661c10148.jpg

Edited by RDF Tactics

4 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

this one i signed jonas hector as chilwell and fuchs were injured...hector then got a long term injury soon as chilwell recovered 

When you start your new file if you manage to sign any useful players for the formation with Leicester, please post them and I'll check them out too! Thanks

6 minutes ago, CORTEZLET said:

I want to test with FC Porto, wich tactic you use now the original ou the v2?

I am using the original but there is little difference. It could just come down to your own preference or different players. Up to you to try and see what works best for your players.

18 minutes ago, Law_Man said:

When you start your new file if you manage to sign any useful players for the formation with Leicester, please post them and I'll check them out too! Thanks

will do bro...playing the full version so may take a little time...like to do the staff and all the other little stuff

14 minutes ago, pablo1983 said:

keep getting hit with the ball over the top and the opposition striker breaking my offside trap and going on to score so removed offside trap and moved the defensive line back 1 so hope this helps  

This is pretty much every goal I concede. It's not this tactic though it's the same with every tactic (most employ a high defensive line and offside trap). I suspect a bug will have been reported about it.

55 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

will do bro...playing the full version so may take a little time...like to do the staff and all the other little stuff

No probs. I'm going to try and get Haaland in and a centre back too if I can move a couple of players on.