Adapting tactics after player strengths/best roles?

What are your experiences of taking your favourite formation (for example a great Knap 442) and then alter the roles to better suit the roles and strength of your players? Will the altered Knap tactic be ruined, or will it be even stronger from being better suited to my players strengths and roles? It feels like player quality is little more important than tactics. Giving this a try. Definitely raising my pulse alot more trying out something tactically myself for the first time..

When doing this I guess its very important to play a squad together and to max tactical familiarity in atleast like half a season before I can evaluate how good the tactic is working.

Here I shamelesly took the Knap 19.3.4WULF442PFPWMKnapP112ECFAFM20P97ALLCUPS53 (1st image) and adjusted the roles after my best players: (2nd image image. Thanks Knap!)

1847438417_Skrmklipp2.thumb.png.9211f97290ff5998c093ed425e2ea3de.png502935279_Skrmklipp1.thumb.png.6a33abfe3cea8f9d6fbfee57a9fdb142.png

Wish me luck, might need it... !!!

Edited by Dreambuilder

To test tactics I also use FMT, go on holiday and tick "Use current match tactics" and do not select a match plan. (leave it as default, unticked)

I always test a tactic 2 seasons with Liverpool and 2 seasons with "Rupel boom" (predicted 14th in Belgium 3th division)

It takes me no more than a good hour to have my test results... (and I abort the test earlier if I see something isn't working, during holidaying you can view the current league position of your team)

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

I've just been doing this the last 6 games to good effect (may just be coincidence as only over 6 games) and won them all. Am using Knapps 451 but just changed roles to suit players over 2 different starting 11's. for example........

1st 11

GK Lloris SK su

RB Aarons WB at

LB Rose WB at

CB Sanchez BPD de

CB Vertonghen BPD de

DM Luis A de

CM Fernandes MEZ at

CM Ndombele AP at

AMR Moura W at

AML Son IW at

ST Kane CF at

2nd 11

GK Lloris SK su

RB Walker Peters WB at

LB Davies WB at

CB Foyth BPD de

CB Dier BPD de

DM Skipp DM de

CM Alli MEZ at

CM Zaniolo BBM sup

AMR Lo Celso IW at

AML Sessegnon W at

ST Kane CF at

I've not found a massive upturn in results, I had won the 6 games before i tried this anyway, but what it has done is have an effect on player ratings being higher and I am scoring more goals for it. I only have 6 league games left and champs league and FA cup fixtures but will keep trying this until the end of the season. Again, credit must go to knapp for his tactics, but i had too many players as square pegs in round holes. It seems round pegs in round holes does have a positive effect, for now at least.  

Lol first friendly game with completely untrained tactic familiarity went ridiculously well. They got a red in 2nd minute but still.. Again the tactic is thanks to Knap, I just changed the roles to suit the players best role.. Gonna try and see how long and well this can last into the season.

549945138_Skrmklipp2.thumb.png.cad4cf9fd37080f55eb32bf5c4ca9dd4.png1561669146_Skrmklipp1.thumb.png.e5d601a21ac4504204f6caaf46d72e1b.png

11 minutes ago, Hliasp said:

I Have super results by doing the same thing( give the best roles that fit my players) with the preset tactics.. for example with gegenpressing 4231 and 4141. Champions League winners with Olympiakos 3rd season...

Cool!! Really nice input, thanks! 2nd friendly game I'm now 3-0 in half time :D This is really fun and immersive, using the strengths of the players indeed!

By preset, do you mean the game tactics or downloaded tactics?

Edited by Dreambuilder

I Have super results by doing the same thing( give the best roles that fit my players) with the preset tactics.. for example with gegenpressing 4231 and 4141. Champions League winners with Olympiakos 3rd season...

I meant the preset game tactics.. gegenpress, tiki taka etc.

6 hours ago, dazp1919 said:

I've just been doing this the last 6 games to good effect (may just be coincidence as only over 6 games) and won them all. Am using Knapps 451 but just changed roles to suit players over 2 different starting 11's. for example........

1st 11

GK Lloris SK su

RB Aarons WB at

LB Rose WB at

CB Sanchez BPD de

CB Vertonghen BPD de

DM Luis A de

CM Fernandes MEZ at

CM Ndombele AP at

AMR Moura W at

AML Son IW at

ST Kane CF at

2nd 11

GK Lloris SK su

RB Walker Peters WB at

LB Davies WB at

CB Foyth BPD de

CB Dier BPD de

DM Skipp DM de

CM Alli MEZ at

CM Zaniolo BBM sup

AMR Lo Celso IW at

AML Sessegnon W at

ST Kane CF at

I've not found a massive upturn in results, I had won the 6 games before i tried this anyway, but what it has done is have an effect on player ratings being higher and I am scoring more goals for it. I only have 6 league games left and champs league and FA cup fixtures but will keep trying this until the end of the season. Again, credit must go to knapp for his tactics, but i had too many players as square pegs in round holes. It seems round pegs in round holes does have a positive effect, for now at least.  

Annnnnnnnnddddddddd With this post I have completely jinxed myself!! 1 win in my last 4