How to stop DoF offering contracts to new signings?

Hi 

I have a DoF and although he is not set to offer contracts (only initiate signings) he is automatically handling contract negotiations when I am signing new players.

I cannot see any setting in staff responsibilities that I am missing to stop this? 

Anyone else experience this and have a solution (other than firing my DoF)?

Thanks in advance!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb holidaysong:

Hi 

I have a DoF and although he is not set to offer contracts (only initiate signings) he is automatically handling contract negotiations when I am signing new players.

I cannot see any setting in staff responsibilities that I am missing to stop this? 

Anyone else experience this and have a solution (other than firing my DoF)?

Thanks in advance!

After offering go to transfers and cancel the proposed transfer. 

Hey, thanks for your response. Will that not cancel the whole transfer though?

I want to negotiate the contracts myself. My DoF isn't very good so he's offering crazy money... Not sure how to make it so I can handle the contract negotiations myself..  

vor 3 Minuten schrieb holidaysong:

Hey, thanks for your response. Will that not cancel the whole transfer though?

I want to negotiate the contracts myself. My DoF isn't very good so he's offering crazy money... Not sure how to make it so I can handle the contract negotiations myself..  

If you let initiating to the DoF change

staff responsibilities - negotiating player signings  --> take control

Turned off initiate signings option and I can handle my own contract offers.

With initiate delegated to DoF, even if I initiate the offer, then the DoF is handling the contract negotiations.

When I take control of initiate offers in the settings, then I can offer the contracts.

I presume it's a bug, as in previous editions they could initiate but I'd handle the contracts.

On both scenarios I am owning negotiating player signings.

19 hours ago, holidaysong said:

Turned off initiate signings option and I can handle my own contract offers.

With initiate delegated to DoF, even if I initiate the offer, then the DoF is handling the contract negotiations.

When I take control of initiate offers in the settings, then I can offer the contracts.

I presume it's a bug, as in previous editions they could initiate but I'd handle the contracts.

On both scenarios I am owning negotiating player signings.

The hint text next to negotiating says it is about negotiating the transfer offer if it wasn't accepted by the team, it's not about the contract negotiating...

21 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

The hint text next to negotiating says it is about negotiating the transfer offer if it wasn't accepted by the team, it's not about the contract negotiating...

The issue is with initiating rather than negotiating. He was doing contract negotiations when only initiating was delegated.

Just fired him as he's useless to me now if he cannot initiate without also doing the contracts.

Maybe is a mod can move this to the bugs forum?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 04/05/2020 at 04:29, Maldini's Heir said:

I've got something similar except that my youth players keep being offered professional contracts without my permission even though I am the only person responsible for offering contracts.

Is this an established bug?

Try going to Staff>>Responsibilities>>Transfers and Contracts>>Contracts and see who is responsible for Player Contract Discussions for each of your teams

• 1 year later...

This bug is still happening in FM21 !

I've taken control and my  DoF is still taking over. I even sacked him and then my Assistant Manager took over!

Staff>>Responsibilities>>Transfers and Contracts>>Contracts 

Edited by Westyuk