Many of those +-100€ mil. transfers in every transfer window dont make any sense.

My fourth season with Bayern. Im loaded with money.

After first season buying Van Dijk 110mil - ridicoulus, why would Liverpool sell?

Kane to City 119mil - They have Aguero .... ok maybe

Dybala 108mil. Liverpool - just maybe ... looks odd.

After second season:

Bernardo Silva to PSG 122mil. - Best player in the world... why?

Verrati and Pogba changing clubs around 120mil. Again why?

After third season.

Me buying Havertz for 95mil. from City. They bought it for 125minl two season earlier. Why?

Just few examples here.

Of course all of those could happen, but highly unlikely. Why would best clubs in the world sell their best players in the world so cheaply and then go and buy another one. Just stupid  transfer go around all the time.

My point is, there should be more logic and reason behind every transfer. Not just because its part of the game. Rich clubs are getting players way too easily and its all around 100mil.

You can look back at the thousands of times in all professional sports where a team purchases a good player but the situation doesn't work out for whatever reason and the player is then sold on/traded for less value than they originally paid for him. If you truly believe the game should work a certain way, it would be prudent to provide real world examples of those particular events happening or not in order to prove your point.

1 minute ago, Ether_mR said:

You can look back at the thousands of times in all professional sports where a team purchases a good player but the situation doesn't work out for whatever reason and the player is then sold on/traded for less value than they originally paid for him. If you truly believe the game should work a certain way, it would be prudent to provide real world examples of those particular events happening or not in order to prove your point.

And equally you get the opposite - Liverpool for example got Robertson for net approx. £4-5m, Salah for £39m, Mane for £34m, the list goes on where previously good but not exceptional players move into a team with a manager that just clicks with them, and they develop exceptionally fast to become continental champions.

15 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

And equally you get the opposite - Liverpool for example got Robertson for net approx. £4-5m, Salah for £39m, Mane for £34m, the list goes on where previously good but not exceptional players move into a team with a manager that just clicks with them, and they develop exceptionally fast to become continental champions.

So we agree the game isn't broken in regards to this issue? The moral of the story is, crazy stuff happens in both directions in real life, as well as the game. This game gets some stuff wrong for sure, but this one is not so bad.

edit - my apologies if I sounded rude @JordanMillward_1, I am currently getting blown out in my Euro Cup II game and I am about to lose my mind. I think we do agree lol

Edited by Ether_mR

Well actually it’s not about game being broke. For me it feels like clubs are buying 100-150mil players just because they have to in the game.

And clubs are selling because they have to (for the game). If you have a happy world class player like Van Dijk, Silva, Havertz (in the future), Kane, Dybala etc. then why would you sell for fixed 100-150mil just to buy another player 100-150mil or less? Just don’t sell it (unless they are declining or underperforming for long time of period)!!!Or if you have to then sell it for 300-400mil! 

Players rotating around 100-150mil every transfer window. That bothers me and I feel it’s not realistic or it has no logical explenation. Just for the sake of the game.

20 years in the future fm and we see same logic. So yeah I might be in 2019 but I doubt that Liverpool would sell world best defender just to buy cheaper and crappier player? Nobody wants to lose there best players. There has to be a reason!!!!

In this game it’s just coded to work this way, but it’s not logical. If you know what I mean.

Nothing is coded that way ...

Teams and managers identify players they need in order to strengthen their squads...  you say they are rotating around each team.. you haven't said that has happened,  you've just said the likes of Kane have gone to a bigger reputation team.... Dybala has gone to a team where he is wanted (he isn't at Juve) .. and you bought Havertz yourself from a lesser reputation team... 

Did Van Dijk actually move? where too? and for how much? what age?.. 

I don't see any issue here tbh, not even slightly

@Streptoverti  I can see what you're saying in regards to it appearing as though players move around just to move around. I wonder if that has more to do with the fact that players are more willing in Football Manager to accept transfers - in real life, elite level players may have a few destinations in mind to where they could POSSIBLY play in the future, but most have no desire to leave unless its for a very specific reason (i.e win a specific trophy, play in a specific country, etc.). For example, it would be a very bad PR move in real life for the Spurs to sell Kane only to have him say "yeah no thanks" and have that spill into the media, so they would never even bother unless he asked for it. So the fact that Kane is willing to accept a transfer to far more teams in FM means far more teams are interested. I have no problem with ridiculous transfer fees, but I do dislike seeing guys who would never be sold or would never leave their club be passed around like hot potatoes. Obviously that is an extreme example though.

1 hour ago, Ether_mR said:

So we agree the game isn't broken in regards to this issue? The moral of the story is, crazy stuff happens in both directions in real life, as well as the game. This game gets some stuff wrong for sure, but this one is not so bad.

edit - my apologies if I sounded rude @JordanMillward_1, I am currently getting blown out in my Euro Cup II game and I am about to lose my mind. I think we do agree lol

Aye, we agree, I believe it's quite realistic. I can see how it might have looked like I was arguing against, rather than supporting your argument, so no worries man, hope the game turned around. I just got to watch Salah being filthy with his goal against Salzburg, so I'm in a good mood :lol:

9 minutes ago, Ether_mR said:

but I do dislike seeing guys who would never be sold or would never leave their club 

I wonder how many people thought Ronaldo would leave Madrid, and for an inferior league. 

If Spurs don't qualify for the CL next season, I'd be very surprised if Harry Kane is still there, particuarly if the complete nightmare happens and England win the Euros (shudders!)

14 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I wonder how many people thought Ronaldo would leave Madrid, and for an inferior league. 

If Spurs don't qualify for the CL next season, I'd be very surprised if Harry Kane is still there, particuarly if the complete nightmare happens and England win the Euros (shudders!)

Ronaldo left for a specific reason, quoted from an article that was the first hit on google asking why he left Madrid.

"Ronaldo has said a shift in his relationship with the Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, convinced him to call time on his glittering nine-year spell at the club.

Ronaldo, who joined Juventus for around €100m in July, left Spain as Real’s all-time leading goalscorer. The club claimed the transfer had been instigated “at the will and the request of the player”. Ronaldo, in an interview, suggested Pérez’s attitude towards him had changed.

“I felt it inside the club, especially from the president, that they no longer considered me the same way that they did in the start,” he said. “In the first four or five years there I had the feeling of being ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’. Less afterwards. The president looked at me through eyes that didn’t want to say the same thing, as if I was no longer indispensable to them, if you know what I mean."

Also, Kane leaving because his team gets relegated would, again, be a specific reason.

Players leave for these reasons already in FM - I am talking about players who are happy and do not want to leave but end up getting moved and replaced with a comparable player for no apparent reason.

Edited by Ether_mR

To me, the real question is - Would it be possible for Ronaldo to get so upset at YOU (the manager) in FM that he is willing to accept a transfer to a less reputable league in order to satisfy his lust for vengeance and need to be the center of attention for an entire nation like Italy. I do not think that is in the game, but I would love it if it was.

Something like "desires to go to top club in league where player would be atop player in the league/country even though they are declining with age." Zlatan did this as well.

Edited by Ether_mR

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Also - and this has been mentioned countless times - soon as you hit continue on the first day, it stops being real life. Anything can happen. 

It stops being real life, but it is supposed to be realistic.

Van Dijk in the first season for £110m. Does that honestly seem realistic to you?

Kane to Man City for £119m. A divisional rival. Do you really think it realistic that Spurs would sell him to City in the first place, but then for such a low figure?

I personally have bought Maddison from Leicester as Man Utd for £35m and Chilwell between the same two clubs for £40m. Both in the first window of the first season.  Again, honestly is that realistic? 

The game is supposed to be a realistic football management simulation and at the moment it is failing miserably on multiple accounts.

16 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

I wouldn’t say £119m was a low figure. In fact I could see Spurs actually accepting that amount for Kane. 

Really? You really think Levy will accept £119m for arguably one of the top 3 centre forwards in world football who isnt yet in his prime all from a divisional rival?

Not a hope in hell.

You’re talking like £119m is not much money. Sure maybe they could get £150m+ for him in real life but remember this is an AI bidding and buying a bunch of stats on a game.

What is Kane’s value in the game - if the AI managed to get him for less than that I could understand your point but if they’ve paid almost double his value then surely it’s realistic in FM terms 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

42 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Really? You really think Levy will accept £119m for arguably one of the top 3 centre forwards in world football who isnt yet in his prime all from a divisional rival?

Not a hope in hell.

If City are in the Champions League and Spurs aren't, and Kane demands a move there, they absolutely would accept £119 million for him. That would smash the world record for an English footballer and would be the third highest transfer fee of all time. 

For Harry Kane. 

soon as you hit continue on the first day, it stops being real life. Anything can happen. 

TRUE THAT :) 

My honest feedback is,  based on my experience, that top clubs are selling their global superstars way too cheaply and way too often. I do understand that transfers in football world is a complex issue and there may be many different reasons - many variables. But so far players who are valued 80-100mil are sold around 100mil. with no obvious reasons. They have ******** of money, they are competing for the title and CL and players are not unhappy.

After first season there was no reason for Liverpool to sell Van Dijk at his prime (28y.o). They were loaded with money, they were top 3 premier league clubs and won champions league. He was happy and valued around 80-90mil. So basically I paid around 20% over his price.

Same goes with Bernardo Silva, amazing stat and skills, in his prime. Absolutely no reason to sell.

Like a said there are way more examples.

And why I raised this issue, was because of Havertz. City bought him for 125mil. Was key man for them two seasons, amazing skills and stats, only age of 22. I needed AMC and bid him as a kind of a joke. He was valued 80-90 mil and my 95mil (30mil less than they paid) was accepted. Why???  So the signals are there, that it might be an issue, but its only a game :) 

Might be worth mentioning that in 96 Shearer transfer broke the world record and it was 15mil :D So the question is, what happens in 20 years? Surely there will be new regulations in the future abour transfer fees.

47 minutes ago, Streptoverti said:

soon as you hit continue on the first day, it stops being real life. Anything can happen. 

TRUE THAT :) 

My honest feedback is,  based on my experience, that top clubs are selling their global superstars way too cheaply and way too often. I do understand that transfers in football world is a complex issue and there may be many different reasons - many variables. But so far players who are valued 80-100mil are sold around 100mil. with no obvious reasons. They have ******** of money, they are competing for the title and CL and players are not unhappy.

After first season there was no reason for Liverpool to sell Van Dijk at his prime (28y.o). They were loaded with money, they were top 3 premier league clubs and won champions league. He was happy and valued around 80-90mil. So basically I paid around 20% over his price.

Same goes with Bernardo Silva, amazing stat and skills, in his prime. Absolutely no reason to sell.

Like a said there are way more examples.

And why I raised this issue, was because of Havertz. City bought him for 125mil. Was key man for them two seasons, amazing skills and stats, only age of 22. I needed AMC and bid him as a kind of a joke. He was valued 80-90 mil and my 95mil (30mil less than they paid) was accepted. Why???  So the signals are there, that it might be an issue, but its only a game :) 

Might be worth mentioning that in 96 Shearer transfer broke the world record and it was 15mil :D So the question is, what happens in 20 years? Surely there will be new regulations in the future abour transfer fees.

Ahh that's clearer... I see your point, you're more or less questioning why the AI liverpool would even consider selling VVD when they have more than enough money, are performing and he is so important to them.. same with Havertz ...

I get that.. and yeah it is unrealistic.

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

I get that.. and yeah it is unrealistic.

The Havertz sale is in the 3rd season in his game, there could be any number of reasons why he's went for that amount. He's German, so wants to play for Bayern? He's not getting enough game time at City? He's generally unsettled or doesn't get along with the manager? 

More info would be needed before any assumptions could be made. Three years into an FM gameworld is a completely different animal to real life today. 

7 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

You’re talking like £119m is not much money. Sure maybe they could get £150m+ for him in real life but remember this is an AI bidding and buying a bunch of stats on a game.

What is Kane’s value in the game - if the AI managed to get him for less than that I could understand your point but if they’ve paid almost double his value then surely it’s realistic in FM terms 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

No way on earth Spurs would accept anything less than £150m for Kane from another Premier division team. That is regardless of their situation. The problem here is, and you are correct, it looks realistic in FM terms as you have said. The issue is FM doesn't represent football as it is supposed to as a 'realistic' football simulation. Just another flaw I guess.

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If City are in the Champions League and Spurs aren't, and Kane demands a move there, they absolutely would accept £119 million for him. That would smash the world record for an English footballer and would be the third highest transfer fee of all time. 

For Harry Kane

Yes for arguably the best centre forward in world football. They would never accept that from Man City for him regardless of their own situation. Lets not forget Levy sold Bale to Madrid for £80m 7 years ago. He wouldn't allow Bale to go to another English club - and back then Spurs were not in the CL either.

I partially agree, there are a lot of transfers implicated "big" names, and some of theme are weird, but not all f them. The one for Kane that you take as an exemple is okay for me.

But for example Frankie de Jong joined Chelsea the 3rd or 4th season in my save, for around 120 M €, where as Chelsea was not even qualified for Champion's League, Barcelona being Spain champion. I think some transfers are strange yeah, and that could be modified.

24 minutes ago, melogroovy said:

Newcastle spunking ~40M for Joelinton...why, why, why!

And in a few years he will probably leave for less and people would call it unrealistic. Even more so as Newcastle paid the lot up front no instalments or ifs and buts just paid it 

This is something that I can't worry about because 'its FM and its just way it is'. Realistic choices or not, the fees don't reflect to irl football (i.e. VVD would never leave for 110 mil) and never will be because this is a huge design flaw since I can remember. Also they aren't dynamic, because I'm pretty sure that within ten years we're seeing fees over 200-250 mil and this happens rarely (or not even) in FM. 

Edited by Sanel

Not to mention clubs buying a talent to transferlist him two seasons later because the AI doesn't consider that it has already 4 players for the same position. Also because the AI manager and autofill option for squads mostly looks at CA, not PA. Can't even care about this anymore tbh, it's just the way it is. 

On 11/12/2019 at 03:09, davehanson said:

It stops being real life, but it is supposed to be realistic.

Van Dijk in the first season for £110m. Does that honestly seem realistic to you?

Kane to Man City for £119m. A divisional rival. Do you really think it realistic that Spurs would sell him to City in the first place, but then for such a low figure?

I personally have bought Maddison from Leicester as Man Utd for £35m and Chilwell between the same two clubs for £40m. Both in the first window of the first season.  Again, honestly is that realistic? 

The game is supposed to be a realistic football management simulation and at the moment it is failing miserably on multiple accounts.

I think it’s incredibly hard to code transfer fees because they are a bit random, particularly the Premier League.

In my save, Utd paid £80m for a decent, but slow, centre back just because he’s English.

1 hour ago, dannysheard said:

I think it’s incredibly hard to code transfer fees because they are a bit random, particularly the Premier League.

In my save, Utd paid £80m for a decent, but slow, centre back just because he’s English.

Ha ha 👍

it was the square head that swung it for them, i think.. 

Hey, no need to call him slow because of his forehe...

Oh, you meant his speed. Yea, he's not pacey, I agree.