FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DDDDaaa said:

What about the defence do you concede a lot, or do you average CB's do the job ?

Season 1: 27 goals in 38 games

season 2: 30 in 38 games

season 3: 23 in 38 games

season 4: 18 in 38 games

season 5: 24 in 38 games

season 6: 17 in 38 games

season 7: 21 in 38 games

season 8: 16 in 38 games

season 9: 27 in 38 games

season 10: 16 in 38 games

Overall my defence has been strong but you need good players in every position.

1 hour ago, delaneytomlinson said:

Season 1: 27 goals in 38 games

season 2: 30 in 38 games

season 3: 23 in 38 games

season 4: 18 in 38 games

season 5: 24 in 38 games

season 6: 17 in 38 games

season 7: 21 in 38 games

season 8: 16 in 38 games

season 9: 27 in 38 games

season 10: 16 in 38 games

Overall my defence has been strong but you need good players in every position.

Those are outstanding stats, do you think this tactic would work in the English Premier League ?

9 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

First of all, I guess you made a typo and you meant "MCL" instead "ML" 

The attributes of the players you mentioned have changed greatly compared with the 1st season so I can't say anything without seeing their attributes in your save

Hi mate,

I'm glad to hear that the tactic works good for you.

I always testing something but so far I haven't found anything better than Cerber V4, Annihilator V1 or Fighter V2

Hi TFF, sorry for the typo, here are the attributes for the mentioned players. Also I have a regen called Schwarz, please advice.

2020-04-19 (1).png

2020-04-19 (2).png

2020-04-19 (3).png

2020-04-19.png

@Totalfootballfan

if you are winning and it requires protecting the lead then I suggest removing AMC position and moving MCL position to the MC position

if you are losing and it requires scoring goals then I suggest removing MCL position and moving DM position to MC position

but if the result is tied and you have a red card, what should you do?

hace 9 horas, delaneytomlinson dijo:

no by inverted i mean opposite foot on opposite wing, in the tactic it's supposed to be WM = Wide Midfielder

Hi mate, In Raptor v4 do you follow TFF recommended attributes for every position? i see you difference between the DLP and the MC although they are both MC... 

Edited by sergiolagartija

7 hours ago, JBruce20 said:

Hi TFF, sorry for the typo, here are the attributes for the mentioned players. Also I have a regen called Schwarz, please advice.

Here's how I would rank them for the DM position:

1) Guendouzi

2) Arne Maier

3)  Schwarz

4) Moriba (his work rate is to low for the DM position)

Here's how I would rank them for the MCL position:

1) Arne Maier

2) Guendouzi

3) Moriba (his work rate is to low for the MCL position)

10 hours ago, DDDDaaa said:

I cant help to question something.

If Raptor V4 is so great, how come TFF does not put it forward anymore ?

Raptor V4 is a good tactic and there are many other good tactics that also, have been put into the archive because the main purpose of this thread to point out the most efficient approach to play and I leave only such tactics that are unique in some area, for example, it could be the most effective tactic or it could the most defensive tactic or it could have the best balance between plug & play and efficiency and so on.

Btw, the Raptor V4 tactic still can be founded and downloaded from the OP(it's under a spoiler at the bottom of the OP).

3 hours ago, manidaro7 said:

@Totalfootballfan

if you are winning and it requires protecting the lead then I suggest removing AMC position and moving MCL position to the MC position

if you are losing and it requires scoring goals then I suggest removing MCL position and moving DM position to MC position

but if the result is tied and you have a red card, what should you do?

if the score is draw then it's up to you to decide whether you want to play attacking or defensive

1 hour ago, ilyes92300 said:

hello what is a best tactic ? (FM20) ANNIHILATOR V1 by TFF ?

Hi mate,

All info can be found at the top of the OP

5 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Voici comment je les classerais pour le poste de DM:

1) Guendouzi

2) Arne Maier

3) Schwarz

4) Moriba (son rythme de travail est trop bas pour le poste de DM)

Voici comment je les classerais pour le poste MCL:

1) Arne Maier

2) Guendouzi

3) Moriba (son taux de travail est trop bas pour le poste MCL)

Raptor V4 est une bonne tactique et il existe de nombreuses autres bonnes tactiques qui ont également été mises dans les archives car le but principal est de souligner l'approche la plus efficace pour jouer et je ne laisse que des tactiques uniques dans certains domaines, par exemple , il peut s'agir de la tactique la plus efficace ou de la tactique la plus défensive ou du meilleur équilibre entre plug & play et efficacité, etc.

De plus, la tactique Raptor V4 peut toujours être fondée et téléchargée à partir de l'OP (elle est sous un spoiler au bas de l'OP).

si le score est nul, c'est à vous de décider si vous voulez jouer à l'attaque ou à la défensive

Salut mon pote,

Toutes les informations peuvent être trouvées en haut de l'OP

yes but what is a better tactic ?

Why are people trying to suggest ways to change the tactics of TFF who has put a lot of time and testing the tactics.   Seems very confusing to me why anyone thinks this is acceptable, if it was put forward to TFF as something to test then fine, but blatantly seems like its an attempt to undermine the ownership of the thread. 

Ill be sticking to TFF's recommendation, if he says that the tactic is more efficient with left foot strong on left wing then that's what I will trust.  Apologies for the rant but felt it needed to be said.

Edited by kinghenrik

25 minutes ago, kinghenrik said:

Why are people trying to suggest ways to change the tactics of TFF who has put a lot of time and testing the tactics.   Seems very confusing to me why anyone thinks this is acceptable, if it was put forward to TFF as something to test then fine, but blatantly seems like its an attempt to undermine the ownership of the thread. 

Ill be sticking to TFF's recommendation, if he says that the tactic is more efficient with left foot strong on left wing then that's what I will trust.  Apologies for the rant but felt it needed to be said.

Behave, people can tweak and do what they want to tactics in their own saves, if it suits their teams better.

32 minutes ago, kinghenrik said:

Mate, I would not be so categorical :)

There are many good tactics that offer a high efficiency level, furthermore, you can build such strong team that it'll become possible to win everything even with the default tactics

It's just some people like 4-4-2 formation and some people like 5-3-2 formation and they show that it's possible to win everything with these formations even it might be that these formations aren't the most effective formation in FM20

They just like how it looks and how it plays and they try to support and promote it and I find it's a quite normal thing, honestly, I don't see it like an attempt to undermine the ownership of the thread or something like that :)

At the end it's up to you to decide what tactic to use and if there are million people saying that some tactic works for them but it doesn't work for you or you don't like how it looks and how it plays then you just won't use it anyway  

52 minutes ago, smithy20 said:

Behave, people can tweak and do what they want to tactics in their own saves, if it suits their teams better.

Of course they can...  Point was obviously missed so definitely not getting into any back and forth on it.  I disagree that others are promoting changes and improvements to someone's tactic thread, end of.

40 minutes ago, Thomas44116 said:

I started from the French 8th Division, I always use the Cerber V4 but I don't know if it is mine or not 

But  is it possible that the tactic will be less effective if you do more than 2-3 years with it ?  Thank You @Totalfootballfan

Hi mate,

The efficiency of a tactic doesn't change with time but your results with some tactic might varies greatly depends on many factors

Your result with the same tactic and the same team might varies up to 25%

The weaker your team compared the other teams in your league, the higher result variation you get at the end of the season

The stronger your team compared the other teams in your league, the less result variation you get at the end of the season

For example, if you play 10 times the 1st season with Norwich using the same tactic then your best result at the end of the season will be like 80pts and your worst results at the end of the season will be like 64pts so about 20% variation, the variation is quite high because Norwich is the weakest team in the league

But if you play 10 times the 1st season with Liverpool using the same tactic then your best result at the end of the season will be like 105pts and your worst results at the end of the season will be like 95pts so about 10% variation, the variation is quite low because Liverpool is the strongest team in the league

Also, it's important to understand that the way AI managers play against you depends on the difference between your team and their team reputation and when you win things your reputation grows so higher your reputation comparer with your AI opponent, the more seriously they take you and the more difficult to play against them... when your team reputation is a low, your team is like a "dark horse", the AI teams don't take you seriously and that greatly help punish them :)

@delaneytomlinson

Mate, Raptor V4 is available for downloading at the bottom of the OP under a spoiler

12 minutes ago, Thomas44116 said:

So I have to continue with the Cerber V4 and the results will come back @Totalfootballfan

Everyone know that when you flip a coin there is a 50% of getting a head and a 50% of getting a tail but it could be that 3 times in row you can get only heads or only tails so it requires flipping a coin about 100 times or even more to see that there's probability of 50%/50%

All my tactics has been tested for about 1000 matches and that guaranties that on a long road run they'll give the best results   

Here's some additional explanation how CA works

Let's take Messi... here's his CA/PA and attributes:

As you can see his CA 193 and his Work Rate is "7"

messi-exmpl-1.thumb.png.6e103c2714c9a23504f83998a5c05a78.png

messi-exmpl-2.thumb.png.d11af0feb440d715abd5f38b52b79ac6.png

Now if we increase his Work Rat to "15" from "7"

then the game asks us to increase his CA to 198 from 193 or otherwise other attributes will be decreased to match his current 193 CA so when you see some attributes gets increase it might be in cost of other attributes if the CA also hasn't increased 

messi-exmpl-3.thumb.png.19d120666f10ef176a70316d47f8c3f3.png

messi-exmpl-4.thumb.png.5f3a7c5a839faa96a8a03a4f0a3bec92.png

16 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

People, make you can use it or not, but make your own mind up and test it incase it works for me....sorry if you end up with TFFs results

Mate, definitely people should try what you suggest and make their own mind and everything what I say might be false and I might tested it wrong

I just share my experience and knowledge about how the training works and that's all and as I said I might be wrong in everything about everything :)