How do you assign your scouts?

I have 17 scouts ATM but I'm a bit unsure how to assign them properly. Playing a swedish team.

How many do you assign to one country or regions each? ATM I have one scout each on neighbouring countries like Norway, Denmark etc. About half of the scouts are in one single country each with good knowledge.

Perhaps it's good to have one scout each on the best youth producing countries solely like Brazil and Germany? Instead of regions?

1 hour ago, Dreambuilder said:

I have 17 scouts ATM but I'm a bit unsure how to assign them properly. Playing a swedish team.

How many do you assign to one country or regions each? ATM I have one scout each on neighbouring countries like Norway, Denmark etc. About half of the scouts are in one single country each with good knowledge.

Perhaps it's good to have one scout each on the best youth producing countries solely like Brazil and Germany? Instead of regions?

Depends what you want out of them. If you want them to find you good newgens then just assign each to a country that produces them. Germany, France, Italy, Holland, Spain etc. Personally I don't use my scouts to find players, I use them to gain 100% knowledge of those top newgen countries but I actually search for players manually. Once I have a big shortlist, I scout them all and gradually whittle them down to a select few targets.

Traditionally I've been lazy with this but I put  a bit more effort in this year.

My scouting packages are Central Europe, I'm playing a Bundesliga 2 team, so I have target specific nations that I believe this club targets in real life. Beyond that my club culture dictates that it's preferable to sign players for the first team under 23 years of age.

So, I've set each of my scouts individually, to scout a nation, for instance Poland, also the top league in that country. I then set some parameters around attributes that are important to me, in this case determination, natural fitness and work rate, I give these minimum values of 12.

I then add additional conditions, for example value is at most - 3,000,000, Age is at most, 25 (This because I am allowed to sign players over 23 and I'd hate to miss a good one...) and finally Scouted Potential is at least Very good.

I then select the most suitable scout based on his World Knowledge, Adaptability, Scouting Potential.

Assignment set to Ongoing.  

27 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Traditionally I've been lazy with this but I put  a bit more effort in this year.

My scouting packages are Central Europe, I'm playing a Bundesliga 2 team, so I have target specific nations that I believe this club targets in real life. Beyond that my club culture dictates that it's preferable to sign players for the first team under 23 years of age.

So, I've set each of my scouts individually, to scout a nation, for instance Poland, also the top league in that country. I then set some parameters around attributes that are important to me, in this case determination, natural fitness and work rate, I give these minimum values of 12.

I then add additional conditions, for example value is at most - 3,000,000, Age is at most, 25 (This because I am allowed to sign players over 23 and I'd hate to miss a good one...) and finally Scouted Potential is at least Very good.

I then select the most suitable scout based on his World Knowledge, Adaptability, Scouting Potential.

Assignment set to Ongoing.  

Sounds good. I also always set determination to 11.  And scouted potential to Very good.

I like to have one scout to one country. For smaller countries like Iceland and Sweden they doesen't often find suitable very good youngsters tho. I think I should send one scout each to the big four and top producers like Brazil and Argentina.

Below is my scouting hierarchy. I manually set assignments at varying intervals during the year. Obviously, I’ll deploy them to finish up recommendations they make throughout year too. 

3721FE99-9B42-40FD-BB18-53293DAD0A7E.jpeg

Edited by s0ni42