Managerial support

I started my game with unemployed, I get a job at Limerick at Irish league and I won league champion and 2 cup for them. Decide it's time to move on after a year and a half. Contract ran out, start looking for job. Get a job opportunity at Serie A and I was excited for the big jump. Who's know it's a start of my disaster.

Went to Samporia, they are sitting on mid table, slightly clear from relegation. Two win, three loss from first five games. The fifth game my defender was sent off by a stupid takle, and definitely I fined him. He started to complaint, cost me two bad result then. I asked one of my older and influenced player to talk to him, job done he is fine now. The next game another defender sent off for two yellow card. This time I learned, just warning no fine. Then he complaint again, said is unfair (even just a warning?). At this moment I already have three player who are unhappy as they want first time chances. Then the captain came to me said worrying on dressing room atmosphere, I said we are not doing good enough recently and try to keep heads up. Then they said losing trust on me, said they are doing everything they could in matches. (Their performance are s**t, they can even said they already tried their best.....) Loss 5-0 against relegation team, humiliated by Juventus by 7-0 (They already claimed the title at that time, playing three youngsters against me...) After that, no matter what I said in team meeting my players all mad on me. (Even praising the youngsters performing good in training, get a reply by "your coaching staff are holdinh me back, you shouldn't praise me"... Oh my fxxking god... 

Start thinking back my decision, I shouldn't take this job? It's an opportunity for me to grow my reputation and get higher coaching badges. If I was not good enough why are the board hire me on that level?

Felt like the dynamic are taking too much on the game, is anyone feel unbalance as well?

Edited by MartinTan

You've taken a massive leap from the Irish League to Serie A.  

Definitely seems you probably shouldn't have been given the Sampdoria job, but the issue is that your reputation is low compared to the players so they're more likely to oppose you.

Can't say it's unbalanced.  Possibly unfair, and it may even be a bug that you got hired though.

38 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

You've taken a massive leap from the Irish League to Serie A.  

Definitely seems you probably shouldn't have been given the Sampdoria job, but the issue is that your reputation is low compared to the players so they're more likely to oppose you.

Can't say it's unbalanced.  Possibly unfair, and it may even be a bug that you got hired though.

I think it's fair to said is a bug, and now the system are looking to fix it. My 4 center defender 3 got injured, first team keeper injured and my goal scorer as well. Furthermore, my captain had went public that he are not going to continue his contract and looking to leave end of season due to losing trust on me. 😂 But I never broke any promise to the team.

Now heading to last 5 matches of the season, I'm 5 point clear from relegate. If the board did not fire me end of the season, I will shake the whole team up. 

Edited by MartinTan

I'm survive from relegation battle one match before season ended. My board are decided to hang on with me, but I'm in an insecure position. My reputation still hang on one and a half star, Sampdoria reputation are three and a half star. Club financial are not good, previous manager are overload club wages. Should I continue to challenge for this club? Or I just resign and move on to others lower reputation opportunity? 

Main concern: If I shake off all the player who opposed me and bring in new face will they oppose mine managerial again because of my reputation are not up to the club?

I'm survive from relegation battle one match before season ended. My board are decided to hang on with me, but I'm in an insecure position. My reputation still hang on one and a half star, Sampdoria reputation are three and a half star. Club financial are not good, previous manager are overload club wages. Should I continue to challenge for this club? Or I just resign and move on to others lower reputation opportunity? 

Main concern: If I shake off all the player who opposed me and bring in new face will they oppose mine managerial again because of my reputation are not up to the club?

1 hour ago, Gross_Ballon said:

I think you should resign and move on to a club a little lower and build your self up. 

Maybe I better to move on and looks for new club, don't think I can keep the club moving forward as well as my managerial career as well.

4 hours ago, Gross_Ballon said:

Exactly nothing wrong with taking a step back ! 

Hah.. I resigned and get a job at Argentina. This time the dynamic are good despite my reputation are still one and a half star and the team having a two and a half star reputation. Players are happy with my managerial on my reputation are higher then them. ( It might because I used to managed a three and a half star team, they felt like I'm good enough to lead them?)