Complicated question - any help would be great!!

Lach1eMy1es

Hey all,

I am currently trying to edit the Australian league (Hyundai A-League) so that there is 18 teams in the A-League and then create a second league (B-League with 20 teams) to have promotion/relegation within Australian football.

This is proving very difficult as I am not overly skilled in the FM Editor.

I am strugling to edit the rules of the A-League to allow for more teams and to get rid of the salary cap as well as increase the amount of foreign players allowed. Along with this I can't seem to make the promotion/relegation work and I keep receiving an error saying "B-League cannot have promotion as there is no-where to go" or something along these lines.

If anyone could offer any help or assistance this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

You're better off starting from scratch by nation rules -> add nation rules -> create new cups and competitions for nation. This pretty much gives you complete freedom instead of having to go into advanced rules and change all the rules that way

4 minutes ago, Weiry said:

You're better off starting from scratch by nation rules -> add nation rules -> create new cups and competitions for nation. This pretty much gives you complete freedom instead of having to go into advanced rules and change all the rules that way

If I start from scratch and create my own league but still want the A-League to have the official logo, how would I go about getting that logo back?

6 minutes ago, Lach1eMy1es said:

If I start from scratch and create my own league but still want the A-League to have the official logo, how would I go about getting that logo back?

You don't have to create a new league in the database in nation rules -> divisions you just add the original A-League first and then the newly created B-League

1 hour ago, Weiry said:

You don't have to create a new league in the database in nation rules -> divisions you just add the original A-League first and then the newly created B-League

Thanks mate this worked wonderfully. One more question.. Now I have set up both leagues to have my desired rules, when i clicked test rules i got the message "A-League cannot have relegation as there is no where for the teams to go", would you or anyone else know how to fix this?

Thank you very much

Hyundai 3 leagues.fmf

Here is one I done for FM19 that will work in FM20 . Copy it to your editor file then have a look in the Pre-Editor to see how I did it . Its the best way to learn the advance editor by looking at others . It  is 3 leagues but you will get to see how it works . If you want I have also done 2D ,3D kits and logos for the teams that were added as well . I did away with the playoffs as I always hated them as the best team should be the winner of the league in my thinking 

Also your logos have a Unique Ids so as long as you still use the Hyundai league it will keep its logo . 129985 I think is its ID . Same with the team logo as well . The editor does become very fascinating after a while so do persist . Trial and error and all that . Plenty of people here to ask for advice . 

Edited by prot651
adding reply