Editor Data Files Not Showing (Solved)

timgaming060

I use the FM19 pregame editor to make a custom database, and save it as both .xml and .fmf files. They are saved into Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2019 / editor data. I even put them into users / "my name" / Library / Application Support / Editor 2019 / cloud / editor data. When I try to make a new save, it says I have no editor data files ( when I do a new set-up). If I do an advanced set-up, and click on the button in the lower left-hand corner, go to load, I can't find the files anywhere (none show up). I can, however, import these files back into the editor to edit them again. Why?? Please help!

Also: my saved game files only show up in the cloud, not in my local folders

Also also: I think this is the main issue: I have macOS Catalina, which only runs 64 bit things now. The FM19 pregame editor is a 32 bit thing (but I can still open and use the pregame editor, and my save game files were used when everything was 32 bits).

Basically, how do I get these editor data files to show up so I can start a new save game?

vor 25 Minuten schrieb timgaming060:

Also also: I think this is the main issue: I have macOS Catalina, which only runs 64 bit things now. The FM19 pregame editor is a 32 bit thing (but I can still open and use the pregame editor, and my save game files were used when everything was 32 bits).

You cannot open and run any 32 bit software with OS Catalina installed,  the FM 2019 editor is also 64 bit.

24 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You need to verify your files before you can load them in game. Also try to clear the cache.

When using the pregame editor, it says "verified" or "4/4 leagues verified" in the top right corner. Or is there something else I need to verify? Also, how/where do I clear what cache?

vor 1 Minute schrieb timgaming060:

Ok, thanks! But, how come I can't find my editor data files? Or find locally saved game/save files?

The directory has changed on macs:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder

Click ‘Go’ from the menubar

Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key

This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

11 minutes ago, KUBI said:

the directory is still

/Football manager 2019/ editor data

but in the application support path

After I went through 'Library' -> Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2019,' there was no 'editor data' folder, so I created a new folder and named it 'editor data.'  I then put a editor data file in it. I then load up FM19, and the editor data file still doesn't show up :(

I go to new setup, and it says I have no editor files. I do an advanced set up, click on the load button in the bottom left, and still no editor data files

vor 1 Minute schrieb timgaming060:

After I went through 'Library' -> Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2019,' there was no 'editor data' folder, so I created a new folder and named it 'editor data.'  I then put a editor data file in it. I then load up FM19, and the editor data file still doesn't show up :(

I go to new setup, and it says I have no editor files. I do an advanced set up, click on the load button in the bottom left, and still no editor data files

It's not at the bottom left it's on top right ---> database

If you put other editor data files into the folder (from our download section) are they also not recognized?

I'm off now.

You are doing something wrong, just try again and also with other league files.

37 minutes ago, KUBI said:

If you put other editor data files into the folder (from our download section) are they also not recognized?

I'm off now.

You are doing something wrong, just try again and also with other league files.

I downloaded a USA league expansion pack, and still nothing. Should I try deleting and reinstalling FM19?

I've used edit data files before, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong this time.

EDIT: I do not have the same problem with FM18, however

Edited by timgaming060

• timgaming060 changed the title to Editor Data Files Not Showing (Solved)
  • 3 years later...

I'm having a very similar problem to this on FM24, but on Windows

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that hasn't worked.. I can however start a new career game with a downloaded database but my custom database is now showing as being available to play with