Which those one is a Useful PPM?

Hello guys, firstly a late merry xmas!

I was thinking about what PMMs I could train on my strikers beyond the "placed shots". 

Do you think to train "Attempts Overhead Kicks", "Likes To Round Keeper" and "Likes To Lob Keeper" good options to try currently?

Have you seen in this version some of those plays being (well) executed ?

12 horas atrás, yellowforever disse:

I love 'attempts overhead kicks'. If you've got a striker with good flair then give it to them, you can score some real cracking goals with it.

Hmm, thanks for the info. Even I think that overhead should happen with any player no needing to get a PPM for this, but this be a "special trait" of the player. 

Em 28/12/2019 em 05:12, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz disse:

If you have a reasonably fast striker then 'likes to round keeper' is the one that will lead to the most additional goals.

'Attempts overhead kicks' is the least useful as situations where that is a possibility are extremely rare.

Have you seen any overhead in FM20?

On 27/12/2019 at 11:41, enigmatic said:

Likes to round keeper could be very useful given the dubious finishing of one-on-ones in the current ME.

In theory yes, but its been many many versions of FM that ive actually seen anyone round a keeper.

On 26/12/2019 at 14:10, tiago_wakabayashi said:

Hello guys, firstly a late merry xmas!

I was thinking about what PMMs I could train on my strikers beyond the "placed shots". 

Do you think to train "Attempts Overhead Kicks", "Likes To Round Keeper" and "Likes To Lob Keeper" good options to try currently?

Have you seen in this version some of those plays being (well) executed ?

It depends how your team is set up to play, what do you want from your strikers and what attributes they have. Are you using 1 ST formation or 2 STs?

Are you asking specifically for Traits that will help you and your STs score more goals or that will help you with overall play / creation of attacks?

For finishing, you can consider "tries first time shots" if your ST gets chances in central areas of the penalty box - he needs good first touch, technique and composure. "Shoots with power" is also a good one - he needs strength and decisions.

For overall play, I like "comes deep to get ball" and "tries through balls often" if it's a creative striker - passing, vision, off the ball, decisions. "Likes to break offside trap", "Moves into channels" if I want my striker to lead the attack - off the ball, acceleration, agility, anticipation.

3 hours ago, Siven said:

In theory yes, but its been many many versions of FM that ive actually seen anyone round a keeper.

From my experience players with the trait tend to move towards the side and change the angle of the shot rather than actually run around the keeper. This is generally advantageous as it also forces the goalkeeper to make a lateral move in response.

21 horas atrás, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz disse:

I think I've seen one scored once in 15 years of playing FM...

I have seen some, but rare.

20 horas atrás, yonko disse:

It depends how your team is set up to play, what do you want from your strikers and what attributes they have. Are you using 1 ST formation or 2 STs?

Are you asking specifically for Traits that will help you and your STs score more goals or that will help you with overall play / creation of attacks?

For finishing, you can consider "tries first time shots" if your ST gets chances in central areas of the penalty box - he needs good first touch, technique and composure. "Shoots with power" is also a good one - he needs strength and decisions.

For overall play, I like "comes deep to get ball" and "tries through balls often" if it's a creative striker - passing, vision, off the ball, decisions. "Likes to break offside trap", "Moves into channels" if I want my striker to lead the attack - off the ball, acceleration, agility, anticipation.

I wanna score more. I play with one ST, but I would include the wingers and some occasions, the AM/MCs

I always train "placed shots" and "tries frist time shots". I haven't liked the "shoots with power", mainly with the current ME where on 1V1 the ST shots on the GK. 

"Comes deep to get ball" I was testing in FM19 with good results. "Likes to break offside trap" was problematic in this game but with the current edition is being better executed. Good tips.

18 horas atrás, zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz disse:

From my experience players with the trait tend to move towards the side and change the angle of the shot rather than actually run around the keeper. This is generally advantageous as it also forces the goalkeeper to make a lateral move in response.

I have noted it even in players without that trait. And the FM Gks still doesn't know to move himself properly yet, where we can take advantage of it.

8 hours ago, tiago_wakabayashi said:

I wanna score more. I play with one ST, but I would include the wingers and some occasions, the AM/MCs

I always train "placed shots" and "tries frist time shots". I haven't liked the "shoots with power", mainly with the current ME where on 1V1 the ST shots on the GK. 

"Comes deep to get ball" I was testing in FM19 with good results. "Likes to break offside trap" was problematic in this game but with the current edition is being better executed. Good tips.

So I'm guessing your tactic sets up the ST with many balls over the top or through the defense with 1v1 chances vs the GK and you are looking for ways where your ST finishes them off. 

I actually have more joy with power than placement over the last two iterations of the game tbf. 

Playing strikers on their strong foot side and having them shoot across the keeper far corner from the channel seems to be the most consistent way I finish one v ones. 

Historically I always preferred by the placement ppm but less now. 

I've avoided lob keeper like the plague this year because it was hilarious in 19, every single chip went straight in to the keeper's arms without fail. Honest to god I didn't see a single lobbed goal go in last year. 

No idea if it's been fixed, don't think I've even seen one attempted in 20?

Tries tricks and uses outside of the boot are producing some lovely stuff though. There seems to be a new rabona animation in the game I've seen a lot? Is cracking.