Is FM20 better or worse than FM14!?

I have Played several incarnations of FM up to 14, where I stopped for 3 or 4 reasons. Although I loved the game it drove me nuts! My main bugbears where

1/ It was almost impossible to offload players! I wasted so much time offering and re-offering players to clubs for less and less money, even for nothing! Not a bite from the entire world of football! Sorry but that is just stupid! There are plenty of clubs with the financial clout to pay any of the wages my players were on! (Arsenal/Brighton/Leeds) And then someone would make an off and my  player would reject the contract!!

2/ Injuries!! So many injuries!!  So you buy more squad players to cover and guess what!? They get injured even before they arrive at the club! Then the game loves to Injure all the players in the same position. 

3/ Impossible to win games: 

Not the ones vs top clubs, as you might expect! Barca? No problem! Liverpool? 4-0 take that you reds. Bottom side in the division? Absolutely no chance! League One side in the cup? Guaranteed 0-1. Win to take you top of the league? Forget it! You can save and replay 20 times if you like you’re not having it mate!

4/ Loaned players get no game time, despite the promise to be a first team regular! Players that got 30+ games at an average of 7.5 lol. So many of my promising youngsters flatlined while out on loan. Their 4 or 4.5 star potential shrivelling on a cold foreign bench 2.5 or 3. Wtf is that all about!???

So my question is:

Are these still an issue in FM20? If so I think I will skip!!

[I did treat myself to FM20m, which I am quite enjoying. It’s a bit limited (as you might expect, but I like it that good players getting game time progress very quickly, and also players can be trained to play new positions much more quickly than I remember in FM14. I don’t like the scouting though, no way to filter results or send your scout out to look for specific positions. Just youth or not. Also, you send them to a specific region but all but the odd one here and there are exactly the same and from European top clubs. Also £8 for a sugar daddy!?? Are you having a laugh??? Is anyone stupid enough to pay for that!???]

Edited by KUBI
Swearing and insults removed. Please watch your language.

29 minutes ago, Jazz Hands said:

3/ Impossible to win games: 

Not the ones vs top clubs, as you might expect! Barca? No problem! Liverpool? 4-0 take that you red ****s. Bottom side in the division? Absolutely no chance! League One side in the cup? Guaranteed 0-1. Win to take you top of the league? Forget it! You can save and replay 20 times if you like you’re not having it mate!

You may consider downgrading actually, as ever since the AI Managers have seen upgrades, plus counter attacks / sitting deep wasn't near as robust on FM14 or prior compared to more recent releases. It takes kind a bit of a special tactics for not to win any of these matches in multiple reloads on the likes of FM14. The Kind full of fundamentally flaws, which the game allows, for better or worse. IIRC FM14 was also the last release that had the tactical sliders (or was that FM13), so even easier to make tactics flawed from the ground up.

If you'd follow this to the T without questioning, no Problems whatsoever on FM14.

Dunno about injuries, but they have been lower than in football for ages now (on FM20, lower leagues according to reports see even less). Else, there's the demo. 

Edited by Svenc

Most of these points are not really bugs with the game, but how you play it. Loading too many players for the number of teams makes it hard to offload players (because the market is flooded with players, and over supply reduces price). Struggling to beat small teams despite beating big sides is a tactical issue on your part, and will persist in any version of the game you play if you do not learn why and change what you do. Loan players not getting game time is simply answered by not sending them to teams where they are unlikely to get game time. Just check out the competition for places at the squads who make an offer and choose the best one for your player to get time. Or have a recall option so you can bring them back if it is not working.

Try the demo, which is free. This will let you decide on your own, without any opinions from other people.

Personally I wouldn’t bother. I really dislike this years game mainly as in my opinion the match engine is unplayable in its current format. This is the first time in many years I’ve felt this way, but I feel like last years game was a much better game.

17 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Why don't you try the demo? I have and I'm not buying at least until new patch comes out. 

This.  You can see on the feedback thread the general opinion - but also there are some who love it, some who don't and some in the middle.  Try it for yourself and then decide if you want to invest the money and time into it.