II Clubs and Same Division Rules

CTxCB

I've attached an image which shows my issue. I've made an II / Reserve Database for England but I have a problem, despite the fact that the II Leagues and the Main League stuff being in two separate nations (England, and England Reserves [which I've made by editing Czechoslovakia]), I get this 'bug' where the playoff spots skip over II Clubs where their Main Club is in the main league above, and if a Main Club from a league above an II Club falls into a Division Level where their II Club is, it relegates the II Club from their II League down. Is there any way to fix this? The II Clubs were made separately and affiliations make them II Clubs, and I could understand why a Main Club and their II Club can't be in the same division, but why is this applying to a club in a division, in a different nation?

image.png

Edited by CTxCB

Can you upload the file. There is no reason why teams from different nations should look at each other. Being a I and II club might complicate things, but that's just guessing at this point.

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Can you upload the file. There is no reason why teams from different nations should look at each other. Being a I and II club might complicate things, but that's just guessing at this point.

@Wolf_pd The latest version is available at the Steam Workshop item I linked, although I can upload the file if you can't obtain it that way?

@Wolf_pd One thing he didnt mention is that division levels might be conflicting consdierng they are linked as a II club and the rules of "cannot be in x leagues apart" is in place. Perhpas it pure looking at division level and comparing between the main and II club despite them being in entirely different nations

Yeah that is my theory too but that may very well be a bug and should be looked into - you could try to set it as a normal affiliate club but keep all the same options ticked and try but it is no guarantee that it will work

Edited by Weiry

23 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

@Wolf_pd One thing he didnt mention is that division levels might be conflicting consdierng they are linked as a II club and the rules of "cannot be in x leagues apart" is in place. Perhpas it pure looking at division level and comparing between the main and II club despite them being in entirely different nations

18 hours ago, Weiry said:

Yeah that is my theory too but that may very well be a bug and should be looked into - you could try to set it as a normal affiliate club but keep all the same options ticked and try but it is no guarantee that it will work

Good calls. @CTxCB you might want to test that theory. If it turns out that is the problem, make sure to log a bug. 

I am working on some stuff, so no time to look at untill the weekend.

@Wolf_pd So, I've tried a few more times changing little details here or there, but still the same issues happen? I don't know why, the first season is fine but future seasons the table is broken. I don't know whether the terms of the affiliation prevent the two clubs from being in the same division, but the check is being done with Division Level rather than the specific division. Premier League and Premier League II are both Division Level 0, but in different nations. I'm not exactly sure what to do to fix this.

Edited by CTxCB