[FM20] Championship Manager 03/04 Database (24 leagues, ~15000 players)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, last year I took Themadscientist's 03-04 update and revamped the Spanish League + all players and teams from the Second Division + some players from the Third Division (Segunda B). Let me know if it could be useful for you to import to your patch so I can forward you that DB ;)

8 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Mate, you are running away with this. Absolutely outstanding work :applause:

Is the full database still available for download with each update you put out or just the day 1 save?

The steam workshop file is the most recent database.

On 19/04/2020 at 16:26, Victor said:

Hi there, last year I took Themadscientist's 03-04 update and revamped the Spanish League + all players and teams from the Second Division + some players from the Third Division (Segunda B). Let me know if it could be useful for you to import to your patch so I can forward you that DB ;)

I'd love to have a link, for sure. I did the second division about a month ago but I can't say it's one of the best leagues in there, mostly due to the state of the data in CM (zeroed out stats, players with high CA who clearly barely played IRL). And I don't think I have anyone from Segunda B.

On 18/04/2020 at 07:09, Ruh Roh said:

image.thumb.png.8826883528a1114250a3671275b9ae3f.png

image.thumb.png.2616a3bd89ac2b949a843267b89ed028.png

image.thumb.png.a7146cd48c717eb5711cbdc7ddb4dc65.png

Serbian league's done. That format is a split thing, they're not relegating 8 teams. Serbian league was actually merged with Montenegro back then, but that isn't a big deal - I moved the bigger Montenegrin sides to the Serbian pyramid, set the Montenegrin national competitions to extinct, so their European qualifying spots go...somewhere. Also did some work on PPMs for the top players (basically the way this thing gets made, it's easy for the histories, favored personnel, favored clubs and PPMs to get erased), so Robben finally cuts inside.

Day one save including serbia: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZBOu6gKoyMr8VkNXiwhkrmAlgKuJ3qp2
Big ol picture pack including serbia: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lhztk9BTgSvO2LUI3dxejfztuMy509Tm

Thanks again for that amazing database.

i  have been enjoying it since been downloaded 3 weeks ago, its amazing.

i have been adding the missing faces as well. once i finish them i'll publish it so you can add it as well with the database.

if you have a list of done faces or missing ones that owuld make it easier to finish them & send it to you,

Edited by Cavenaghi99

14 hours ago, Andrew Price said:

and why are u using madscientist db when hes a great friend of mine and he spent months making it

They are just continuing on his work, I’m sure he doesn’t care as he is part of the editing community...

he doesn’t own fm and is editing somebody else’s game anyway ffs 🙄

On 24/04/2020 at 10:27, Andrew Price said:

and why are u using madscientist db when hes a great friend of mine and he spent months making it

I was adding pictures and leagues to it for a while last year in the steam comments. I forget what I built on top last year on fm19 - super lig, eredivisie and mexico? Maybe portugal? When I saw that he wanted to make the 06-07 database for FM20 and I was like halfway through adding the 600-700 people in 03-04 who were deleted by the database switchover, I figured it would be stupid not to release it when I was done.

I gave him credit every step of the way, linked people to his work a bunch of times and I never made a dime off of it so i don't think i did anything shady. If I wanted to chase clout I hope I would have found a smarter, less time-consuming way to do it.

On 23/04/2020 at 10:39, Cavenaghi99 said:

Thanks again for that amazing database.

i  have been enjoying it since been downloaded 3 weeks ago, its amazing.

i have been adding the missing faces as well. once i finish them i'll publish it so you can add it as well with the database.

if you have a list of done faces or missing ones that owuld make it easier to finish them & send it to you,

I've done a few missing faces myself in photoshop but I can't really remember who, I just mushed them in with the picture packs. I think these are mine? Eddie Gaven, Damani Ralph, Arley Betancourth, William Mocquet, Paul Kpaka, and uh already forgot who the rest of them are, but I did them months ago. Just make them as you see them, and only bother with the ones that are easy to find and not impossible to cut (depending on how good you are at it, I'm really not very good). I know a few english/scottish youth players with good PAs who never made it in real life are impossible to find.

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 26/04/2020 at 19:05, Ruh Roh said:

I was adding pictures and leagues to it for a while last year in the steam comments. I forget what I built on top last year on fm19 - super lig, eredivisie and mexico? Maybe portugal? When I saw that he wanted to make the 06-07 database for FM20 and I was like halfway through adding the 600-700 people in 03-04 who were deleted by the database switchover, I figured it would be stupid not to release it when I was done.

I gave him credit every step of the way, linked people to his work a bunch of times and I never made a dime off of it so i don't think i did anything shady. If I wanted to chase clout I hope I would have found a smarter, less time-consuming way to do it.

You've done fine good job...no one would say you're in fault... you said your work is based on some other work...let people enjoy and you get credit you deserve.

On 26/04/2020 at 19:15, Ruh Roh said:

I've done a few missing faces myself in photoshop but I can't really remember who, I just mushed them in with the picture packs. I think these are mine? Eddie Gaven, Damani Ralph, Arley Betancourth, William Mocquet, Paul Kpaka, and uh already forgot who the rest of them are, but I did them months ago. Just make them as you see them, and only bother with the ones that are easy to find and not impossible to cut (depending on how good you are at it, I'm really not very good). I know a few english/scottish youth players with good PAs who never made it in real life are impossible to find.

Hi Mate,

i have added another 132 faces in portrait or cut out as much as i could get from various leagues ( mostly Argentina, brazil,england, france, portugal & spain)

you can find it & add it to you collection as here from this link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tawtuej7kz3kuyh/add_ons.rar/file

once i finish more i'll post them...let m know if you like them or have any comments

On 23/04/2020 at 03:37, Ruh Roh said:

I'd love to have a link, for sure. I did the second division about a month ago but I can't say it's one of the best leagues in there, mostly due to the state of the data in CM (zeroed out stats, players with high CA who clearly barely played IRL). And I don't think I have anyone from Segunda B.

Hey mate, sorry - I forgot to check the forums for a couple of weeks. Sending you a DM now!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BruceyNTFC said:

The picture pack no longer syncs up with the unique IDs of the players, which is a massive shame.

It's super finicky, I still never figured out why it does that for people. I think it's always lined up fine in the save games I've put up for download? Maybe it gets weird if you have different setups, though I don't know why - and since it takes so damn long for the thing to start, it's not like I can test that kind of stuff that much.

If Ashley Cole in your game is this particular white guy: https://content.invisioncic.com/Msigames/monthly_2020_01/5.png.0837157dbb51ca1ef08150f7f77f53b6.png ,

you should download this file for the pictures, because the IDs are all off by one in your save:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yk31K8eO6TUAKJmiyIAAc4rk9YYrJ549

I don't know why it does that, but it sure does do that.

I made a pack that throws them all off by 1 a while ago (won't have the newer leagues but should have the important stars) but it won't do you any good if the game decided to do something else with it.

Anyway the next league I'll work on is League Two, I've lost my breackneck real life crazy person pace with this thing but I should get it done eventually. The real 0304 database is totally brutal to lower league players, like it'll just about make every championship reserve better than every league one player etc, so I'll have to get cute with the CAs but I already did with league one so it's not a huge deal.

Edited by Ruh Roh

On 15/05/2020 at 07:36, Ruh Roh said:

It's super finicky, I still never figured out why it does that for people. I think it's always lined up fine in the save games I've put up for download? Maybe it gets weird if you have different setups, though I don't know why - and since it takes so damn long for the thing to start, it's not like I can test that kind of stuff that much.

I made a pack that throws them all off by 1 a while ago (won't have the newer leagues but should have the important stars) but it won't do you any good if the game decided to do something else with it.

I just used Better Finder Rename to change the file names, then redid the config file. A little trial and error at times, but got there in the end! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/05/2020 at 11:44, BruceyNTFC said:

I just used Better Finder Rename to change the file names, then redid the config file. A little trial and error at times, but got there in the end! 

How did you do this? Loving the database but want the player pictures on but they're all mixed up whichever version of the facepacks I download! Or can you share yours please?

I've added in some custom graphics into mine, as I've edited the database further to play down to non-league level, so I'll have to have a look and take out all the bits that aren't relevant first. I'll try and find the time!

Great database first and foremost. Love this era of football. My only issue is with the facepacks. As others have said, they don't seem to work properly. I've tried every facepack with the latest save game file and none of them fully work. For example only a few premier league players sync up (even on the earliest ones you created.) Do the save game file have to sync up with the corresponding facepack released at the same time?

On 15/05/2020 at 07:36, Ruh Roh said:

Any idea how I can correct this myself? Not entirely sure how to achieve this but willing to give it a go. 

• 4 weeks later...

Could someone guide me in how to setup the game and load this database? I've tried to just start the game with Premier League selected and when I try to start the game it just stops loading the database 1/4 in. Been waitning 45 minutes now and nothing happens.

On 07/07/2020 at 09:26, Rammy1980 said:

Could someone guide me in how to setup the game and load this database? I've tried to just start the game with Premier League selected and when I try to start the game it just stops loading the database 1/4 in. Been waitning 45 minutes now and nothing happens.

It takes a really long time to load because of all the changes. You've just gotta stick with it and eventually it'll load up. I had the same problem when I first tried using it :thup:

En 23/1/2020 a las 17:09, Ruh Roh dijo:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1984059162

Foundation of the file was made by MadScientistFM, this is a port + tweak of his file from FM19 with a few leagues and a picture pack added

Hey, @Ruh Roh

can i post this in https://fmargentina.com  ? Is an argentinian site of FM (obviously, in spanish)

11 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

It takes a really long time to load because of all the changes. You've just gotta stick with it and eventually it'll load up. I had the same problem when I first tried using it :thup:

Ok - I'll start a game and let it load through the night

Just added the players for League Two, with a smattering of Conference players, a few players around the world who should have been included before and a few tweaks to things like English stadiums/stadium names and the crazy wages for the top players in the Turkish league

Player pictures: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ZNisKrXDQwcQNZqirbLMXZTiLPwRJ4D/

Day one save game with what I think is 26 leagues now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jz6hDzY1vNkQe-9VNpcrlVmd9M2dgXp5/

image.thumb.png.740ffc9c374c5df4390d6a8f0fd945d9.pngimage.thumb.png.fcf49accf99e5454c2c77ff1548d8a92.png 

@Victor your work on the Spain stuff is really good and I'm gonna try to get it in there when I can

On 16/07/2020 at 17:21, Ruh Roh said:

Just added the players for League Two, with a smattering of Conference players, a few players around the world who should have been included before and a few tweaks to things like English stadiums/stadium names and the crazy wages for the top players in the Turkish league

Player pictures: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ZNisKrXDQwcQNZqirbLMXZTiLPwRJ4D/

Day one save game with what I think is 26 leagues now: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jz6hDzY1vNkQe-9VNpcrlVmd9M2dgXp5/

image.thumb.png.740ffc9c374c5df4390d6a8f0fd945d9.pngimage.thumb.png.fcf49accf99e5454c2c77ff1548d8a92.png 

@Victor your work on the Spain stuff is really good and I'm gonna try to get it in there when I can

This file is a holiday two years into your database mate in 2021 not at the start. Also, is it possible to have a copy of the fmf so I can adjust the valuation of the players to make it more realistic to 2003. For example, in the file you uploaded, at the end of season 1 Aimar joined Man Utd for £111m. Really want to fix that lol

3 hours ago, thefmretrogamer said:

This file is a holiday two years into your database mate in 2021 not at the start. Also, is it possible to have a copy of the fmf so I can adjust the valuation of the players to make it more realistic to 2003. For example, in the file you uploaded, at the end of season 1 Aimar joined Man Utd for £111m. Really want to fix that lol

Oh yeah i got the saves mixed up, the one I put up on steam workshop should be the right version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eZqNYBr4s9RPxe-Uw9SI3O-65Nf0X-vS . And it should have my newest changes, which were just adding the correct chairmen to all the playable clubs.

FMF is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJJWBzEFejp_ycCMddoMAdeYVrJJZpCu/ . Because it's so huge and it runs so slow, it's not very fun to make changes in it. I add the leagues/players/staff without any big problems because that's just creating a second file, making my changes there, loading the big file and merging the second one into it. 

I honestly think the best way to handle the player values is to just set your save game to a stronger currency, or edit the currencies that are in the game.  I know the kuwaiti dinar's a really strong currency. I think there are some others too that are in the editor but they don't show up in the dropdown menu, like the cypriot pound.

You can edit those value tables to knock down transfer fees and wages - I think I might have made some tweaks on it for Russia, to try to get them to buy more players/spend a little less on average Russians? But overall you can't knock down the prize money that clubs receive over time without making advanced rules files for every league and for the continental competitions, so bringing the major expenditures to 03 levels while keeping the major sources of income at 20 levels just breaks the economy wide open imo

18 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Oh yeah i got the saves mixed up, the one I put up on steam workshop should be the right version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eZqNYBr4s9RPxe-Uw9SI3O-65Nf0X-vS . And it should have my newest changes, which were just adding the correct chairmen to all the playable clubs.

FMF is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJJWBzEFejp_ycCMddoMAdeYVrJJZpCu/ . Because it's so huge and it runs so slow, it's not very fun to make changes in it. I add the leagues/players/staff without any big problems because that's just creating a second file, making my changes there, loading the big file and merging the second one into it. 

I honestly think the best way to handle the player values is to just set your save game to a stronger currency, or edit the currencies that are in the game.  I know the kuwaiti dinar's a really strong currency. I think there are some others too that are in the editor but they don't show up in the dropdown menu, like the cypriot pound.

You can edit those value tables to knock down transfer fees and wages - I think I might have made some tweaks on it for Russia, to try to get them to buy more players/spend a little less on average Russians? But overall you can't knock down the prize money that clubs receive over time without making advanced rules files for every league and for the continental competitions, so bringing the major expenditures to 03 levels while keeping the major sources of income at 20 levels just breaks the economy wide open imo

Thank you mate - really appreciate this. Fire me a DM sometime because we might be able to hook you up with some kits for this database etc 

• 1 month later...

Up to 32 leagues lol. Ukrainian league, Swedish league, Scottish second division, Brazilian second division, Dutch second division and Swiss league. I think. Got rid of some of the sillier attribute stuff like top-level CBs having low composure+concentration, old man GKs being some of the fastest players on your team. Sometimes the game does pretty normal stuff when you don't have values filled in for certain things and sometimes it does really weird stuff.

Day one save game with all leagues loaded + newest picture pack . 

image.png

Just started a save with this, looks like a lot of work has gone into this so I offer my admiration.

One issue I've found so far though when starting a save...

Is there a reason why so many players' contracts expire within 12 months of the game starting? A quick search shows over 25% of the players in the DB have their contracts expire in season 1, which makes it a huge grind when first starting a save having to negotiate almost your entire starting squad's contracts to avoid losing them for free.

On 30/01/2020 at 16:46, Ruh Roh said:

This is just me whining but how do people post updates/patches to their own files on Steam Workshop? Do they just...never do that? Is anyone who does a computing mastermind? I'd love to get someone from SI in here because in a process that includes mindlessly punching in tons of data, making the scripts for the picture packs, and waiting a half hour for things to load, Steam Workshop is like by far the worst part lmao. I think I was able to update the same file once or twice. Every other time, it's published a new file and taken away my ability to update (the little arrow on the left). So people are playing on old files with janky CL seeding, players like Schweinsteiger disappearing because of retirement dates, Casillas's heart issue being a weird hardcoded year-long ban I couldn't get rid of without deleting him and making a clone Casillas etc. Obviously I guess you could say I should have made it 100% perfect the first time but like there's so much stuff to check

Anyway, here's another one. Changes to first season CL seeding were made by Carlito85 from this thread

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006638112/myworkshopfiles/?appid=1100600

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14-tYEuP17sV6jxhlmZyQ2XcSS1MB166p

Yeah it's frustrating as hell, I think you can never "save as" if you want to be able to keep the ability to just "update" instead of post new workshop content. If you want to change the filename you'd have to try changing it from the file folder, or just saving new workshop content and deleting your old one

On 31/08/2020 at 14:24, Weezer said:

Just started a save with this, looks like a lot of work has gone into this so I offer my admiration.

One issue I've found so far though when starting a save...

Is there a reason why so many players' contracts expire within 12 months of the game starting? A quick search shows over 25% of the players in the DB have their contracts expire in season 1, which makes it a huge grind when first starting a save having to negotiate almost your entire starting squad's contracts to avoid losing them for free.

There's a reason but I'm not sure it's a great one: some of the contracts in the database have end dates specified and most don't. I think for the ones that don't, the game will usually decide to make them default to two years long. That's most of the farmers' leagues I just put in, so you won't be able to get in on that sweet Kallithea Bosman action right away; they tend to expire in 2021.

But the contracts for most of the big clubs have specified end dates, and this was ported over from last year. So the end date in the database for a player with a one year contract is "30/6/2019" or whatever, and the game will just push that to 2020. But the end date in the editor for a player with a two year contract is 30/6/2020, which actually makes it a one year contract, and so on.

With the big file loaded, the editor is like...brutally slow. And unfortunately with contracts I can't just mass-edit everything at the same time, let it work for a couple hours and make dinner, I have to go club by club. I might be able to find a way to do it in xml but that will surely upset the Steam Workshop gremlins that only accept changes to the same file. Just for my own personal sanity I kind of want to see if they make next year's editor faster with big files.

Edited by Ruh Roh

Added K-League, J1 League and J2 League. Fun fact: the Japanese leagues were fully licensed in CM03-04, and I think it was the last time they had the license?  The Japanese rules I used are just generic stuff I made in basic rules, I thought I would be able to make the yearly format changes in the advanced rules but it was way harder/I'm way worse at advanced rules than I thought. Maybe there's a Japan-specific issue with that? I'll pretend that's what's going on, just to save face.

Game save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XhzLxbZX5cPhz34dfM8Cwk3MadIKvyf8/

Japan file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ECXaUacDC2kxbdhoEZV1NDoIblAEqbhn

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B3iSO9jzJ3DJtRFopM3G9zWhgVGqxy4D/

image.thumb.png.ec6972ccf15544da560d43341a6d3b1c.pngimage.thumb.png.02aa33f84ced1f5e9948769be9e857e6.png 

image.png image.thumb.png.b174cf0ea262720b4670235c1cfe77ed.png

Edited by Ruh Roh

Just started a save with Slaven Belupo :D

Thank you for the amazing work mate, this database is perfect... I love it. Well done, seriously, amazing job!

Question: do you maybe have a database file, (FMF or XML) with all of the leagues? It's small as I know external tools exist, but I kinda wanted to start with attribute masking disable to explore the database first :)

Also, to not spam posts, I will include this in the edit - Slaven Belupo is slightly confusing. Vedran Purić is the record appearance holder and he's at the club as a coach, which he is in 2020, with his real age, but his career history says that he was at the club in 2003-04, and a duplicate version doesn't exist. So just to ask, does he just not exist on CM03/04 or was there some other reason he didn't get aged down and included?

Edited by swooperproop

9 hours ago, swooperproop said:

Just started a save with Slaven Belupo :D

Thank you for the amazing work mate, this database is perfect... I love it. Well done, seriously, amazing job!

Question: do you maybe have a database file, (FMF or XML) with all of the leagues? It's small as I know external tools exist, but I kinda wanted to start with attribute masking disable to explore the database first :)

Also, to not spam posts, I will include this in the edit - Slaven Belupo is slightly confusing. Vedran Purić is the record appearance holder and he's at the club as a coach, which he is in 2020, with his real age, but his career history says that he was at the club in 2003-04, and a duplicate version doesn't exist. So just to ask, does he just not exist on CM03/04 or was there some other reason he didn't get aged down and included?

Very good question and thanks for bringing Vedran to my attention lol. Some leagues in CM0304 are super comprehensive with adding youth players, so the squads will have like 80 people. I look all them up and even if the player didn't have an appearance in that season, if he had a professional career I'll add him. Obviously guys who never made it, who weren't ever highly rated anyway, it's a waste of time. But for the smaller clubs in most of the smaller leagues, the researchers didn't go deep enough to include anyone who hadn't made an appearance yet, so he wasn't there. Sometimes to scoop up some of the younger guys like that who weren't included in CM03-04, I'll look up lists of internationally capped players from the country born around 85-89, but Vedran wasn't capped and I'm not even sure I did that for Croatia anyway.

The coach thing is just his original, untouched database entry. I'm sure there are a ton of guys who are both coaches and players, because sometimes I edit off the original and sometimes I make a new one. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9n5HE_ClK8FR0ny9jkbE2j1PCz0hs7n/

The fmf file is here, it just runs so badly in the editor.

Edited by Ruh Roh

14 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Very good question and thanks for bringing Vedran to my attention lol. Some leagues in CM0304 are super comprehensive with adding youth players, so the squads will have like 80 people. I look all them up and even if the player didn't have an appearance in that season, if he had a professional career I'll add him. Obviously guys who never made it, who weren't ever highly rated anyway, it's a waste of time. But for the smaller clubs in most of the smaller leagues, the researchers didn't go deep enough to include anyone who hadn't made an appearance yet, so he wasn't there. Sometimes to scoop up some of the younger guys like that who weren't included in CM03-04, I'll look up lists of internationally capped players from the country born around 85-89, but Vedran wasn't capped and I'm not even sure I did that for Croatia anyway.

The coach thing is just his original, untouched database entry. I'm sure there are a ton of guys who are both coaches and players, because sometimes I edit off the original and sometimes I make a new one. 

Thank you very much for the file! :)

When it comes to Croatia, yeah, I'm not surprised - it's a small league, and Slaven Belupo is a small club in that small league, it would've been strange if the researchers actually included their youth team. However, I'm pretty sure you did do that for Croatia, at least to an extent, because some players who I weren't expecting to see are included - the Sharbini brothers for example, I'm not sure about Ahmad, maybe he had made a professional appearance by 2003, but I know for a fact Anas didn't until 2005-06. And of course, people like Vida, Perišić, Rakitić are all included as well

And yeah I noticed more examples of the duplicate people later, Hrvoje Čale is both a coach and a player and old man Prosinečki is still managing Bosnia :D

Ok editing again instead of spamming posts - not sure how VAR enabling/disabling works, but it still exists in Europe, I was bit surprised to see my goal disallowed with VAR in ''2004'' :P

Edited by swooperproop

Hi, sorry for the double post but I'm not sure if I should submit this here or in the Bugs area - trying here first.

Is there some reason this goalkeeper is valued at 0?
2031923509_GregEtafia.thumb.PNG.34035f90e8fa5767c2ecbea6a3d8ac6b.PNG

He is one of the best players at the club, has a release clause to foreign clubs of 11,25 million and his asking price is 10 million - but his value refuses to move from 0. Every player at the club has some sort of value, we're not too small, that's not the problem.
The problem is that teams keep unsettling him by bidding 0 (non-negotiable!), and even if I can solve that by telling him I'll let him go when his release clause is matched, his contract only runs for one more season and he refuses to sign a new one because he keeps getting unsettled - which means that I am almost destined to lose him for 0.
But he really shouldn't be valued so low.

Edited by swooperproop

2 hours ago, swooperproop said:

Hi, sorry for the double post but I'm not sure if I should submit this here or in the Bugs area - trying here first.

Is there some reason this goalkeeper is valued at 0?
2031923509_GregEtafia.thumb.PNG.34035f90e8fa5767c2ecbea6a3d8ac6b.PNG

He is one of the best players at the club, has a release clause to foreign clubs of 11,25 million and his asking price is 10 million - but his value refuses to move from 0. Every player at the club has some sort of value, we're not too small, that's not the problem.
The problem is that teams keep unsettling him by bidding 0 (non-negotiable!), and even if I can solve that by telling him I'll let him go when his release clause is matched, his contract only runs for one more season and he refuses to sign a new one because he keeps getting unsettled - which means that I am almost destined to lose him for 0.
But he really shouldn't be valued so low.

Reps and transfer values aren't that great in this overall but yeah, the thing with Greg Etafia is probably a different issue. I've seen him deep into games playing for big clubs in Europe with a value of $0, whatever that means. No idea why. Making a search for players on full time contracts, "worth" 0 and earning decent wages gives me this list. Nothing tying them together as far as I can tell, just some random guys. I'd say it's a weird hardcoded condition tied to their unique IDs somehow, something like an "always amateur" for players, but it looks like the slovenian goalie there is one of "mine" so who knows

etafia.png

players.png

Edited by Ruh Roh

10 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Reps and transfer values aren't that great in this overall but yeah, the thing with Greg Etafia is probably a different issue. I've seen him deep into games playing for big clubs in Europe with a value of $0, whatever that means. No idea why. Making a search for players on full time contracts, "worth" 0 and earning decent wages gives me this list. Nothing tying them together as far as I can tell, just some random guys. I'd say it's a weird hardcoded condition tied to their unique IDs somehow, something like an "always amateur" for players, but it looks like the slovenian goalie there is one of "mine" so who knows

etafia.png

players.png

First of all, thank you for the response, I really appreciate both the extremely hard work you put into this database and the fact you're always here to help with issues :)
I let Etafia go to Empoli because he was becoming useless and just complained all the time, and he was still valued at 0 after he went, so yeah, as you said, it's related to him.

Secondly, I was intrigued by this so I wanted to look up all the players from this list in the game - I was especially intrigued because I had run into Dragan Tadic before and he actually had a value (of 550, but a value), and he still had it when I checked. I had also previously seen Carlos Edwards and Erik Huseklepp, both valued at 0, and they do seem to be hardcoded for some reason as they were still valued at 0. Actually, all but 3 of the players on your list were valued at 0 in my save as well, so it seems like all of these except the aforementioned Tadic, Diego Villar and Christian Cellay are in fact hardcoded to have a value of 0. I have even less of an idea than you, but it's good to know and to have a list of players I should ''avoid'' long-term (but are really quality short-term signings), hopefully it helps somebody else as well :D Really interesting stuff overall, the game works in strange ways

On 18/09/2020 at 08:00, Ruh Roh said:

Thanks for all of your contribution on that i am really enjoying this database its amazing.

i only request you remove duplicates like andrew cole he is in game as a player & manager.

also the japanese teams could you correct the names ?

another last question would you add any other leagues in the future ?

This is not a major problem, but, many players when you go to the history tab, it shows last year statistics for him, for example, Messi shows in the mod that he scored 36 goals in 34 games for Barcelona, which obviously didn't happen in the mod's timeframe :p, is there a way to delete those left over statistics?

image.png.11429aae5af12f06763b8397ebec6eb6.png 

Edited by lucasnake

On 22/09/2020 at 09:56, Cavenaghi99 said:

Thanks for all of your contribution on that i am really enjoying this database its amazing.

i only request you remove duplicates like andrew cole he is in game as a player & manager.

also the japanese teams could you correct the names ?

another last question would you add any other leagues in the future ?

I just added french third division (Championnat National). It's a lot of work to add a league, probably about an hour a team, but it's not ridiculous and I basically don't play FM anymore besides running tests on this thing. I'm using later FM databases (08 and 11) as reference points too which is really helping me out because the research in CM 03-04 just isn't that complete. As always, I'd love it if anyone sent me a file with players for a club, a league, a national team, whatever you want. I got a bunch of players in a PM filling out a lot of the national teams from @mrdano here and I never credited him, my bad. 

I have correct names showing for the J-League teams but I can't view the "general" tab on their pages at all, it's weird. Obviously it's all licensing. Whatever licensing files I downloaded when the game came out, I get the correct team names with.

image.thumb.png.97ce48acc52d599992f4a50ef97962e4.png

unknown.png

I deleted the last clone players yesterday (Gaby Mudingayi and, like, a lot of Brazilians, which were hard to sift through because obviously a lot of them use the same names) but the players who have clone staff members are going to be a lot harder to get rid of. I used FM Genie Scout to get a list of players + a list of staff, so this is a good start, but I would need to write something for the XML that adds a delete action for all those IDs. Maybe I'll try for FM21.

image.thumb.png.e760fa9ccdf456bbe080d1285fad26b3.png

Newest save w/championnat national: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yXnd3Ja8aDz7eTKRjozMWweAa_n4JECT

Newest player pictures: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AbfKQ1yOL_nqBm6eCG4CYKQ3CxrskOv6/

Edited by Ruh Roh