andychar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/01/2020 at 12:05, andychar said:

Haha go on Nobby you know you want 2! 

I’m going to get a list of everybody who has said they are interested tomorrow. Anybody who is interested give me a team they would start with if they are randomly picked first and that’s how we will start. 

Whoever would be following me would probably have to wait about 3 months. :D

8 minutes ago, andychar said:

Was thinking a halfway stage update and end of season. Only 26 games in the Australian league. Thought there were more!

At least it wont take you long to complete the season.

Are we just sticking with the one team then, so we are just going to be that Macarthur team the whole thread ?

16 minutes ago, andychar said:

Was thinking a halfway stage update and end of season. Only 26 games in the Australian league. Thought there were more!

26 games if you're a horrendous manager and miss the finals.

@wynter why aren't i surprised at all by your selection :lol:

1 hour ago, vara said:

26 games if you're a horrendous manager and miss the finals.

Can’t wait to only have to do 26 games!

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

At least it wont take you long to complete the season.

Are we just sticking with the one team then, so we are just going to be that Macarthur team the whole thread ?

Absolutely not. If you wanna move you move. 

Mid Season Report 

2020-21

MacArthur FC

I took over the squad @wynter built. 

The season expectation was "To be competitive" which mean the pressure was off...except the judging eyes of you guys!

We didn't take part in the cup this season, I assume this is due to being a new team. It meant I had nothing to focus on other than the league.

We are currently studying for the next badge after Wynter got us up to National C.

So the big question is how have we gone?

ca280edd47d461cf99b25dc83bb17963.png

6 wins. 6 losses and a draw. Absolutely band even. 

There are certain games we have been dominated. The first match against Wellington Phoenix being one. The hardest game was against Melbourne Victory, we were the better side but were wasteful, losing 3-1. Obviously the stand out game was the 3-0 win against the poor Jets. 

At one point we were top of the league but followed it up with 3 straight losses.

b7d6e4867a67bfe16cff023812532e67.png

Its anybodies in the Top 9 really. I don't think we will get there. We haven't had the best of runs and the consistency just isn't there. 

I think we have gotten unlucky with injuries. It seems whenever a player hits some form they go down.

8e6c1c9c03cf8a288f4cbf94994cdd2a.png

As you can tell I still haven't been able to get a goalscorer going. I've signed Cook on loan until the end of next season, he will only get better. 

My only new signing has been this guy...

2f163f5bc03ceffb95c5b681677d5d22.png

He is not great at all. But he provides cover in an area of the field we are struggling.

I've also got this guy coming at the end of his contract...

4b44b2d76ae595364f40bbe20d9049f9.png

Not bad for the league and will only get better.

6498fc4d03d4b87faa1b643a9404f7bd.png

We signed a new contract in December.

09d3c7af1c2822c836061962f4a4da25.png

At one point it was A+ but I'll take a B!

9cd647a6fe598373f615159ed244a829.png

Finances aren't great. Despite being under wage budget and 20k in the transfer kitty we just continue to lose money. I asked for a Senior Affiliate but despite then accepting one it they didn't come back with anybody. Which is a shame. 

Other than that nothing much else has happened. The squad is strong and young in key areas. A few more signings and we could be challenging.

I think heading into the final 13 games if we continue to challenge for the playoffs I'll be happy although ultimately I'm not expecting to get there.

If you want to know anything about the save let me know and I'll post some screenshots.

I've added one more league...c04a4be4ae226ed80e5c64ff207c2f80.png

USA.

Just for FYI...

ddd59863c43e72a166e6b41e1e355d74.png

This is based off this spec for my laptop...

49db41c9a509c33c0f726f13d63fc829.png

20 minutes ago, andychar said:

Not going to lie lads...I forgot there was a wage cap....whoops.

:D

It's okay, if we bankrupt this club or get punished in some horrible way, we can always bugger off to somewhere else. 

10 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

Strange table..

Sydney FC are struggling, WSW and the Mariners are doing well but as you said from 1st to 9th it can go anywhere.

Sydney actually won the Grand Final last season as well. Fired their manager before getting a play in the Champions League. 

End of Season Report 2020-21

The first thing that struck me about the Australian A-League was the competitiveness. Can't just look at a team 12th and assume you'll win, its a league where anybody can beat anybody. There was no form, no consistency. 

In my head I wanted to challenge for the playoffs, the board wanted me to be competitive and the media thought 7th would be our finish...

dd920aa95b3a743b6789c2ee93f7f650.png

For the most part of the season this is the formation and tactics I was working with. I take no credit. The formation I like to play is very CB and CM heavy and we just didn't have the personell. So I stuck with what I assumed the team was built around. 

For the last 5 games I went with this....

16fdd6407fca9500b500cd96d2b378da.png

If you have followed my career in England you'll know I have struggled to find a striker who will bang goals in, this save has been no different!

Cook on paper I loved, Cook on the field was driving me crazy! 

Sergio who was our only DP this season it seemed spent more time on the sidelines through injury than actually on the pitch.

All in all I'd say it was a very frustrating season...so where did we finish?

688ce86c4e34b99232862c2d729668da.png

This is what it looked like with 2 games to go. We didn't face Wellington.

After a 0-0 Wellington game and a 3-0 victory for us it meant heading into the final game things looked like this...

819e345a6ebdc90da88ddcaa286e19c0.png

We were away to 4th they were away to 9th (the team we just beat 3-0).

So how did the final table look?

Well the A-League not one to ramp up the excitement had Wellington play first, they lost so the pressure was completely off.

3cdafad2e3984dce47f2919b90ffd277.png

Last Season 41 points was enough for 3rd this season its just enough to get a playoff place. 

We won the last 2 games 3-0 and 4-0. We had a GD of 1 heading into those games.

b0cf0df40a540b38dc086be29e5d98d3.png

We lost Cook to injury just before the game so I wasn't hopeful in the slightest. Was just hoping not to be outclassed. We played them 3 times in the regular season with 1 draw and 2 losses.

c8924406f76387fbf668926e482a6d62.png

But the Playoffs are a different beast.

2980baad8421140e805823888acd9850.png

Another away game awaited us as you'll have already guessed. 

We played Central Coast Mariners twice in the regular season and lost both games.

219420593795ab188d37b4bc54173d2c.png

My heart nearly gave way not going to lie. Amazingly against all odds we were in the Grand Final.

cacdbbf8c0c4615bee4965c58619ba1f.png

It was 4th vs 6th to decide who would be the Champion.

3 games against Victory in the regular season 1 draw and 2 losses...we've been in this situation before.

Its another away game which is a shame. Was hoping neutral.

So after a long and hard season it all came down to 90 minutes.

3b67d51cd98b9021b671dda83ed5fcf7.png

Terrible game of football and a sad way for my season to end. Proud to get to the Final though.

So only thing left is award time.

08a94ac53e77573e97ac7ee0d77ea267.png

Tomas came out of nowhere to be the star of the team really.

514418f5dbcaa5fdad3ee93c50048ecc.png

Sergio top goalscorer but didn't hit double figures as once again in a save I struggle to get the strikers going.

f09202e427fa033dcb00c512e03000b5.png

Fuzato won Goalkeeper of the Year. Agoume had a very strong end of the season. Generally speaking not many had standout seasons but the dynamics are looking better than when I took over.

cf288f6a570de14e310c124830bb5c33.png

Financially we are...what's the word?

4b8f970948497be0dc94f0156fe2a305.png

Screwed. With that its over to you @Rikulec. Good luck!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gTTCZJolUdWqCESsG3hjZFA-beWekF_/view?usp=sharing

And we're done with the preseason, finally. How did it go?

6VCazcl.jpg

A clean sweep, the opponents weren't really demanding, it was all about morale and fitness. Nice to see plenty of goals scored and just one conceded.

This season we also participated in the FFA Cup...

Oco3Sso.jpg

And it didn't go very well. The board expected a semi-final, we crashed out in the round of 16. Failing to convert the chances we created proved costly, we lost to a penalty in extra time. Boo.

As for transfers, five players joined on a free. Doherty was already arranged when I took over, the other guys were brought in by me.

k4kJq4u.jpg

dhE5OZU.jpg

qEoQCxH.jpg

ALUVA2y.jpg

xS3ln6L.jpg

Let's get going!

25 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

And we're done with the preseason, finally. How did it go?

6VCazcl.jpg

A clean sweep, the opponents weren't really demanding, it was all about morale and fitness. Nice to see plenty of goals scored and just one conceded.

This season we also participated in the FFA Cup...

Oco3Sso.jpg

And it didn't go very well. The board expected a semi-final, we crashed out in the round of 16. Failing to convert the chances we created proved costly, we lost to a penalty in extra time. Boo.

As for transfers, five players joined on a free. Doherty was already arranged when I took over, the other guys were brought in by me.

k4kJq4u.jpg

dhE5OZU.jpg

qEoQCxH.jpg

ALUVA2y.jpg

xS3ln6L.jpg

Let's get going!

Some good signings there.

Can I ask @Rikulec what tactics and style of play are you using so I can get an idea what to do moving forward from the hard work you and others have put in.

Can you post a screenshot of your tactics when you can please.

2 hours ago, andychar said:

Sorry for the state I left the club in. I forgot there was a wage budget and rules...I went a bit crazy...

Haha, don't worry about that. :D We received over £2M in sponsorship money when the new season started and the loanees coming back to their clubs left plenty of space in the budget, so I didn't really have any difficulties other than finding players that are good enough and willing to join.

I'll post a screenshot of the tactics later in the evening.

yFroQze.jpg

And here it is. A very simple tactic based on the one I developed for my Unia Janikowo save. I'm a huge fan of tactical simplicity on FM, I believe this is something I could actually use in real life with real players and they would be able to understand it. Few instructions, no fancy roles... and it works!

15 hours ago, Rikulec said:

yFroQze.jpg

And here it is. A very simple tactic based on the one I developed for my Unia Janikowo save. I'm a huge fan of tactical simplicity on FM, I believe this is something I could actually use in real life with real players and they would be able to understand it. Few instructions, no fancy roles... and it works!

That's good, makes my job easier when I take over from you.

Looking forward to seeing how you do this season.

We've reached the halfway point.

q9ZLkYe.jpg

mOTeCQA.jpg

And it's been a rather bumpy ride so far. We're hard to beat, but we also struggle to pick up wins. @andychar was right, the league is ridiculously even and at times it seems the results are generated at random. A good run of form should be enough to shoot us up into top 6, but can we get one?

Regular season done.

o3tJ99a.jpg

deGltrN.jpg

We really struggled for consistency for the most part of the season, but we kicked off when it mattered the most and got five wins in the last seven games, ensuring a 3rd place finish, which not only gives us a shot at the A-League Finals, but we've also qualified for the Asian Champions League play-off! With that in mind, we enter the most exciting part of the season...

10 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Regular season done.

o3tJ99a.jpg

deGltrN.jpg

We really struggled for consistency for the most part of the season, but we kicked off when it mattered the most and got five wins in the last seven games, ensuring a 3rd place finish, which not only gives us a shot at the A-League Finals, but we've also qualified for the Asian Champions League play-off! With that in mind, we enter the most exciting part of the season...

Well done mate.

On 27/01/2020 at 22:15, Nobby_McDonald said:

Considering it's taken me 18 months to do 3 seasons and 2 months on my FM18 save, I don't think I had better join the list of players. :D

LOL, and I thought my 2 seasons in 2 months was slow!

Still, we play at our own pace and are restricted somewhat by hardware.  I can complete a season much quicker with my current laptop than I could with my old one for example, purely because the processing is that much quicker.