B team not in a playable league

So when i got to the first division (Portugal), i got a B team. But its in a non league division (probably level 6). Does anyone know if my B team can be promoted to a playable league?

I really need that team to play and be competitive so the players can improve, i have the in-game editor but cant switch places with another team.

I think the game breaks because you are a real club, that was my experience with Barca because I forgot to load the Barca B league, the B team had zero matches and all players got magic 100% match fitness without ever playing any games. Now B clubs is horrible broken to begin with, you can place job adverts, but they get hidden, the Chairman is supposed to hire the manager, but never does and without the team in a real league it just seem to go from bad to insanely broken.

Now my B team was in the third league, so only one league away from 2nd that was running and had promotion and relegation, there must be some kind of code to pick the promotion teams (The team didn't get promoted), but in this case there seem to be many leagues between the B team and the simulated leagues, so I wonder if there is anything done at all.

Checked the Third League in Portugal, without 2nd league loaded either and the last winner was 18/19 (So hard coded real world data), no winner or loser after that, because there was no 2nd league to promote into.

2nd League into a playable 1st league on the other hand has 1st, 2nd and third place records for all years, because it needed that data to create promotion teams.

Edited by Miravlix

Thanks for your help.

The thing is, i have a mod that adds 3 more playable leagues in Portugal (D5). My team started there. My B team isnt even in those division, making me think they might be in D6. The funny thing is that D6 doesnt even exist in real life.

I tried using in-game editor and edit the team's reputation to the max, have plenty of good players there too, and so far, nothing happens.

I even tried to look in those divisions (D5) if there are teams getting relegated, but there aren't. If a team stands in the last place, they dont relegate.

It's kinda sad cuz a B team in a good league is a huge boost to young development.

• 3 years later...

Which 1st team and which exact division is the first twam? There could be rules or data preventing your team from coming up through the ranks.

It's luck of the draw. Pack your B Team with good players and pray they eventually 'appear'. It can happen. Took me 10 odd seasons with Espanyol (I think it was). 

Edit: In the future, use the pre game editor to switch out one of the B teams for yours in that league. 

Edited by tropicsafc