Salary Cap & Squad Balance in FM20

Does anyone implement a salary cap in FM20?

I’ve done it previously when it was easy with just Key, First Team, Squad/Backups, Youth...

But now we have star and important as well how do you split them up?

And how many Star, Important and first team players are recommended??

Given how sensitive the players are to their playing time, it is sensible to promise them a status below what they ask for, so I try to have no stars, no more that about 4/5 regular starters and lots of squad players.  My only salary cap are the limits imposed by the board

6 minutes ago, mattmccready said:

How do you divide up the areas to get the maximum wage?

How do you mean? Appearance Fee is a fifth of basic wage. Goal/Clean Sheet is half of Appearance Fee, Unused Sub is half of Goal/Clean Sheet bonus. If that's what you mean.

Edited by Tiger666

4 hours ago, mattmccready said:

Does anyone implement a salary cap in FM20?

I’ve done it previously when it was easy with just Key, First Team, Squad/Backups, Youth...

But now we have star and important as well how do you split them up?

And how many Star, Important and first team players are recommended??

I used to keep a 30%/30%/30%/10% split fairly rigidly under the old squad status system, but still haven;t worked out one under the new one.

@Tiger666 thanks for sharing that, I might have a tinker and find something that works for me based on your figures.

I don;t have an issue with appearance fees, and other bonuses as I use them to bring the basic salary down. So with a Star Player/Regular Starter I look at the basic + appearance as his 'weekly wage'.

My old system was pretty simple - total of Key Player wages = no more than 30% of total wage budget. (No more than four Key Players) Total First Teamers another 30%, Backup/Rotation =30% and the rest, the youth and developing players shared the remainder (10%)

Am finding fm20 harder to balance a wage structure in.

6 hours ago, Snorks said:

I used to keep a 30%/30%/30%/10% split fairly rigidly under the old squad status system, but still haven;t worked out one under the new one.

@Tiger666 thanks for sharing that, I might have a tinker and find something that works for me based on your figures.

I don;t have an issue with appearance fees, and other bonuses as I use them to bring the basic salary down. So with a Star Player/Regular Starter I look at the basic + appearance as his 'weekly wage'.

My old system was pretty simple - total of Key Player wages = no more than 30% of total wage budget. (No more than four Key Players) Total First Teamers another 30%, Backup/Rotation =30% and the rest, the youth and developing players shared the remainder (10%)

Am finding fm20 harder to balance a wage structure in.

This is exactly what I used to do, the 30, 30, 30, 10 split. 
And then based the wages on 4 key players, 8 first team etc.....

• 1 month later...