Enganche 20.2.4. City 1st +68 goal difference. Leicester 4th +33 goal difference

Ok,

Been playing around with 20.2.4.

Bit tricky in the sense that a tactic that works with 1 team, doesn’t translate well to another?

Weaker teams seem better suited to attacking mentality and stronger teams to positive.

When using Leicester as a testing team I regularly had a 25 point variance from season to season when testing exactly the same tactic. This is using holiday mode. Makes working out when you actually have a good tactic tricky.

Perhaps testing in holiday mode is not effective any more or there are so many factors outside of tactics affecting performance now (morale, form, luck etc) its clouding results.

This is mitigated somewhat by using a top team but you’re still looking at 15 point variance using a top team.

REPUTATION IS KING

Its much easier to play as a team with a low reputation as teams are far more open, reputation adjusts mid-season which is why many people report a drop off in performance in the 2nd part of the season when their previously effective tactic stops working now opposing teams are set up more defensively.

My approach is to create a tactic, first and foremost, which can deal with defensive opponents but is versatile enough to also be effective against teams that do come out and play.

So in terms of producing a tactic which can be used by a variety of teams at different levels, I’ve concentrated on getting something that works consistently well with a top team, shows promise with a weaker team on the basis that those players using weaker teams will improve them via recruitment and be rewarded with a tactic that responds well to an increase in player quality and also becomes more suitable as your reputation increases and teams operate more defensively against you. So a tactic that is future proof if you like. 

Real world example.

English-Premier-Division-Stages.pnghow much professors make

My Stockport team were predicted 13th, most teams in the 1st half of the season played open against us, we picked up enough points to see a reputation re-adjustment and teams become more defensive in the 2nd half of the season, this suited our tactic even more and pushed on into Europe.

Next season will see a reputation increase again, teams playing more defensively, suiting the tactic yet further supplemented by me being able to sign some better players. And onwards & upwards.

Testing results.

English-Premier-Division-Stages-2.png

Solid return with City and strong goal difference.

English-Premier-Division-Stages-3.png

Slightly flattering Leicester result, whilst we finished 4th, the points return was decent but not great. However, Vardy got 40 goals, sign a better 2nd Striker for next season and combined with the reputation increase seeing teams being more defensive, suiting the tactic further, should see the required progress being made. So a tactic that is sufficient becoming more and more suitable for your team.

Anyway, enough waffle, here is the tactic.

Leicester-City-Overview.png

No OI’s

Left Wingbacks to take right corners.

Right Wingbacks to take left corners.

Left Wingbacks to take left throw ins.

Right Wingbacks to take right throw ins.

No set piece exploits, if anyone knows any, please let me know!

Enganche 20.2.4.fmf

hi mr u rosler

i have done only one match for now with an underdog but what a match 8-0

i know it's only the first match but it's a really good start

i post my results until this match with others tactics (2 or 3) to show that i have good results with this team mostly with another tactic from another tactics maker but not not so much than 8-0 and with an expulsion at 45 minutes and i have score goal after that so really great start i can't wait for the next

20200211003723_1.jpg

20200211004039_1.jpg

Edited by vins1977

i have play some other matches specially 2 test matchs against better teams one where in france cup against a team a division higher than me and i have win 1-0 not a great score but important to have the possibility to win against better teams

the other against stade brestois 29 3 (the third team of stade brestois who is in ligue 1) and i have lost but not by much 2-1 and a goal against was a penalty so a good loss for me (they are first and i'm second by 6 points)

overall my team is good enough for this level but when i watch the goals for or against they are rooms for improvement they don't score great goals or they have sometimes bad placement in defense but it's realistic for this level and i like that

for the yellow cards i don't know really if it's my players that play dirty but sometimes they are 5 or 6 yellow cards and sometimes only 2 or 3 and i have 2 players expulsed for 2 cards in a match and 2 who got sanctioned for too many yellows (3 in france) so i don't know what to think about

i let others test with stronger teams for the few matches i have play with an underdog i think it's a good tactic

20200211072306_1.jpg

20200211072354_1.jpg

The tactic is very good. What I noticed is a lot of missed chances from CWB... they often cut inside and they try to finish instead of pass/cross to a teammate for better chances. I will try to change them to WBa (so they dont roam from position) and wil lalso add the PI to stay wider. I will see how this will work out.

update: The tactic is awesome. I have overachieved so far in every competition. I won all my rivals and also have some pretty big scores. My only "issue" is as I said earlier my CWB are cutting in with ball and try to finish from very poor position/angle and waste too many chances, while there are players in the box to cross/pass. They have good teamwork, decision, vision and composure to decide not to make a bad finish but still they do. I tried to change them to WBa with stay wide PI but still they do the same thing. They also dont have any preferred move to cut inside. My next 2 changes will be 1) to put them to DR/L position as FBa or to enable Early Crosses in TIs, but I am afraid I might ruin the tactic. 

That said, the tactic is top so far and I have overachieved so far in any competition. I just cant stand seeing my WB waste so many chances :P

PS. As a last resort is to accept that situation, play an opposite foot CWB (for example a left foot on right side) with good finishing attribute and I may win jackpot :P

Edited by Ampalaea4

This looks bloody good and surprised to see it with an Enganche. There's some weird formatting btw to, if you highlight the text you can press the remove formatting button.

19 hours ago, lipebtavares said:

In your first tactic you provided the main attributes for each position. Would you like to inform this one too?

Hi,

Most should be fairly obvious; Wingbacks Stamina, Crossing, Passing, Work Rate. Centre Backs Tackling, Jumping Reach, Acceleration, Marking Mezzala Off the Ball, Passing, Vision, Technique. Pressing Forwards Off the ball, Finishing, Technique, Composure.

Couple of key roles to be aware of.

Half Back - Although he doesn't have playmaker status he will be on the ball more than any other player. So think of him as Deep Lying Playmaker. Passing, Vision, Positioning, Tackling

Enganche -  They operate much more defensively than you would imagine. They break up play a lot, often in their own half before passing forward to the Strikers or Wingbacks. I made the mistake of playing 'little wizards' here, the small, agile link player wondering why they were not as influential as i thought they should be. Better to think of them as disrupters. Tackle - Pass - Run - Support. I'm favouring a more physical type > Tackling, Work Rate, Passing, Vision   

Edited by Mr U Rosler

On 15/02/2020 at 14:44, Mr U Rosler said:

Hi,

Most should be fairly obvious; Wingbacks Stamina, Crossing, Passing, Work Rate. Centre Backs Tackling, Jumping Reach, Acceleration, Marking Mezzala Off the Ball, Passing, Vision, Technique. Pressing Forwards Off the ball, Finishing, Technique, Composure.

Couple of key roles to be aware of.

Half Back - Although he doesn't have playmaker status he will be on the ball more than any other player. So think of him as Deep Lying Playmaker. Passing, Vision, Positioning, Tackling

Enganche -  They operate much more defensively than you would imagine. They break up play a lot, often in their own half before passing forward to the Strikers or Wingbacks. I made the mistake of playing 'little wizards' here, the small, agile link player wondering why they were not as influential as i thought they should be. Better to think of them as disrupters. Tackle - Pass - Run - Support. I'm favouring a more physical type > Tackling, Work Rate, Passing, Vision   

Hi i wondered if you have tried using an advanced playmaker on support instead of the enganche, all the players I've used as enganche seem to perform badly and when I use them as AP(S) they seem to perform a bit better.
I don't know though if this will effect the overall performance positively or not. 

Thanks

12 hours ago, saltgruve said:

Hi i wondered if you have tried using an advanced playmaker on support instead of the enganche, all the players I've used as enganche seem to perform badly and when I use them as AP(S) they seem to perform a bit better.
I don't know though if this will effect the overall performance positively or not. 

Thanks

Not tried this on the new ME, but using the AP(s) resulted in more goals scored, but more conceded. Over the points tally was better with the Enganche. 

I've used this for 3 seasons now, promoted Leamington out of National South as champions after being predicted for 16th(ish). Then took over the job at Cambridge who after 12 games were 16 points from safety. We finished 16th well clear of relegation zone. Season two with Cambridge I'm now top by 6 points after roughly 15 games.

Very good tactic! KUTGW Rosler!! 

Started a new save with Orebro SK in Swedish Premier division. Predicted to finish on 11th place (out of 16), so pretty much of an underdog... and we shouldnt take part in the relegation battle.

Was settling this tactic to the squad through pre season and it worked like a charm. Not a single training match defeat. Some questions were raised with 2 defeats out of 3 games in the cup but team moral still pretty great.

Then. League Start. Time to underdog the **** out of the big teams - our time is now!

Result. 6 games. 6 defeats. New club record. Team moral is worse than ****.

What happened here? 
Anyone else having this ”little” issue?

28 minutes ago, saltgruve said:

@Mr U Rosler Have you found any new tactic that works for both good and bad teams yet?

Hi,

I'm running with the 442 at the moment. Aimed more at underdogs but its pretty attacking, should go ok with a high rep team. :thup:  

Edited by Mr U Rosler

4 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Hi,

I'm running with the 442 at the moment. Aimed more at underdogs but its pretty attacking, should go ok with a high rep team. :thup:  

Ok I will try it out. 
I will say though that I have achieved some newfound success with the Enganche tactic with the simple tactical change of going with Higher Tempo instead of Slightly Higher tempo.

Seems like it has fixed the lack of chances created from an average of 60% possession.