Lower League Database

Anyone used one of these?

How did you find it ? 

Has anyone gone up from bottom level to top ?

I've started one with Maghull FC (my home town club) they are a level 11 team playing in the West Cheshire Division 1.

Ive found the data bases are pretty good any include all the league structures, players are missing though so all teams ive encounted start with no players other than greys.

This is probabily the biggest problem with it, the AI has really dragged there feet populating their teams, ive had two back to back promotions because the other teams in my league on the whole havnt bothered to populate their squads with players.

Currently in my third season in the North West Counties Premier Division, think I'm about 2 levels below the Vanamrama North now.

Ive also found money an issue, there just isn't any money at this level, even less so than Vanarama level.

I guess this is realistic, but its a challenge.

The Club bleeds money despite paying no player wages or appearance fees, money goes on travel costs, other and staff wages.

Anyway it's a great challenge but I think the game doesn't really start until about Vanarama level as other clubs just don't attempt to be competitve.

21 minutes ago, thehig2 said:

no players other than greys.

Damned aliens. Coming to Earth and taking out amateur footballing jobs! :D

21 minutes ago, thehig2 said:

This is probabily the biggest problem with it, the AI has really dragged there feet populating their teams, ive had two back to back promotions because the other teams in my league on the whole havnt bothered to populate their squads with players.

There is an option when you start a game you can tick (or untick, I forget) which says something like "add players to playable teams". This should simply create players for any team that has none but is playable. I guess this is the option you want if you ever start a new save, as all teams will start with players.

1 hour ago, thehig2 said:

Anyone used one of these?

How did you find it ? 

Has anyone gone up from bottom level to top ?

I've started one with Maghull FC (my home town club) they are a level 11 team playing in the West Cheshire Division 1.

Ive found the data bases are pretty good any include all the league structures, players are missing though so all teams ive encounted start with no players other than greys.

Currently in my third season in the North West Counties Premier Division, think I'm about 2 levels below the Vanamrama North now.

Ive also found money an issue, there just isn't any money at this level, even less so than Vanarama level.

I guess this is realistic, but its a challenge.

The Club bleeds money despite paying no player wages or appearance fees, money goes on travel costs, other and staff wages.

Anyway it's a great challenge but I think the game doesn't really start until about Vanarama level as other clubs just don't attempt to be competitve.

Did you not click the option to add players to playable teams at the start of the game? that populates teams with players when you begin.. kinda essential for lower league saves.

@sporadicsmiles

@Welshace

No forgot about as I don't normally manage so low down, that explains a lot.

I kind of don't want to start again because I'm invested in this save now, but I think I likely wouldn't have gotten back to back promotions if I'd ticked that option.

I'll see how it goes this season, if most the teams are full of grays ill have to restart.

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Did you not click the option to add players to playable teams at the start of the game? that populates teams with players when you begin.. kinda essential for lower league saves.

does it populate with real, unattached players or does it just create newgens?

Played one on FM18 with Sheffield where I ended up winning the CL with no foreign signings. Was a lot of fun. Used a female manager character and there were a few cool Easter egg moments in press conferences and whatnot. I don't think I will do it again for a while just because the first few years where the game isn't really designed to be played at that level it just gets a bit boring. What might entice me though is that I didn't pick up the FA Vase so I've still never won it on FM. Really want an FA Vase, FA Trophy and FA Cup with the same club save.

• 1 month later...

I'm in a save on FM18 where the English leagues go down to tier 10. I'm in my fourth season with Bishop's Stortford in the Southern League Premier Division and look like I'm going to win the league after losing in the playoffs in each of the last two seasons.