FM20.3 - 442 Lower League Special. Stockport 98 points. 108 goals

22 hours ago, steve.battisti said:

Thanks for your suggestion! I have an affiliation with Lincoln, who is sky bet one, but every time I try to look at one of their players, even to bring in on trial, the player refuses. 

Is there some specific sequence of menu actions / steps you are using to ask the club for a player? I feel like it might just be user error but I can’t figure it out?

No, doing what you are doing is what worked. I think the difference is the lack of 'difference' between league one and league two. Arsenal players who are 18 years old need to play and they won't at Arsenal will agree to come to League Two. Lincoln players who need to play likely see themselves as League One worthy.

22 minutes ago, steve.battisti said:

Tactics question for mr Rosler:

So, I've been using your tactic to great effect early in the season. Only now we've hit a slump. Four straight losses. I'm still very much a FM noob. Any particular suggestions for righting the ship? Or things to look at to figure out how to right the ship?

Are you on FM21? (this was for FM20)

Tactics aside, its about managing morale once you are in a slump, getting that 1st win will be enough to set you back on your way usually.

I just back right off, go for low pressure team talks, 'we're underdogs, nobody expects a result, go and play without pressure' etc. the exception being when you have a winnable home game when i revert to 'its time to turn around our slump'.

If the games are coming thick and fast, make sure you keep rotating 1 or 2 players as they will get fatigued.

If you call or get called to a team meeting, go for 'i know things haven't been going our way, but we have enough talent to turn things around etc, etc'

Just have to ride out that storm!   

On 15/12/2020 at 08:03, Mr U Rosler said:

Are you on FM21? (this was for FM20)

Tactics aside, its about managing morale once you are in a slump, getting that 1st win will be enough to set you back on your way usually.

I just back right off, go for low pressure team talks, 'we're underdogs, nobody expects a result, go and play without pressure' etc. the exception being when you have a winnable home game when i revert to 'its time to turn around our slump'.

If the games are coming thick and fast, make sure you keep rotating 1 or 2 players as they will get fatigued.

If you call or get called to a team meeting, go for 'i know things haven't been going our way, but we have enough talent to turn things around etc, etc'

Just have to ride out that storm!   

This is in FM 21, thought I'd try it regardless of the version change. I've fallen pretty solidly into mid-table! At this point I'm consistently beating the teams below me and losing to the teams above me. I think morale is turning around a bit after my rough go.

I try not to play with the tactics much in-game, because I don't know too much about what I'm doing. I'm curious: how much did you tweak this tactics based on the match? So, for example, if you were playing a top of the table team or a team that was particular strong in attack, did you scale back to cautious, or anything like that? I've got a pretty good rotation going at striker and centerback. I have a rotation, but a little weaker, at wing and central midfield. Struggling to find impact players there. I know this is a lower league problem, but having trouble finding players with flexibility, for example FBs who can play both sides.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...