The Stories Forum Community/Discussion thread

Raptor

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harleqin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terk:

i might have been able to like arsenal, had it not been for Mickey Thomas in May 1989 icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liverpool vs Arsenal, last game of the 88/89 season. Arsenal needed to win by two goals at Anfield to take the title and Mickey Thomas made it 2-0 for them in the last minute of the game. absolutely heart breaking (and i was only 5. first time i remember crying over sport icon_frown.gif ) and i've hated arsenal since that day.

I remember crying too, although my tears were of joy icon_biggrin.gif

I was only eight myself at the time.

'Arsenal come steaming forward, in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith...for Thomas charging through the midfield. Thomas. it's up for grabs noooow...THOMAS. Right at the end.' - Brian Moore May 1989

Sorry Terk, want some tissues for those tears icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kolo Toure The Phenom:

I remember crying too, although my tears were of joy icon_biggrin.gif

I was only eight myself at the time.

_'Arsenal come steaming forward, in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith...for Thomas charging through the midfield. Thomas. it's up for grabs noooow...THOMAS. Right at the end.'_ - Brian Moore May 1989

Sorry Terk, want some tissues for those tears icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A truly awful moment. I was in Ireland at the time, fourteen and (naïvely) sure that Liverpool had it wrapped up. Marked the end of an era at Anfield...

Thanks for making me live through that again K.T.T.P. icon13.gif

And welcome to CMS icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kolo Toure The Phenom:

Thought I'd just pop in and say hello icon_smile.gif

Spent so long reading stories I finally decided to do one of my own. Better make the most of it before FM05 rears its sexy new head. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice one, and welcome icon14.gif

Well, I've finally submitted my PhD thesis so I can relax again now. I'll be off home to my parents' for a while whilst I consider what type of job I want to do etc and I won't have regular internet access there as I mentioned above so I'll probably disappear from the community for a while...I'll be back though as soon as I regain internet access and hopefully before FM 05 is out icon_wink.gif

Thought I'd just pop in and say hello icon_smile.gif

Spent so long reading stories I finally decided to do one of my own. Better make the most of it before FM05 rears its sexy new head. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll see how sexy it is. For now, I'll stick with mature character over sexy looks. i.e.: CM01/02 over CM03/04. icon_cool.gif

Welcome to the stories forum though. Even if you're a Gooner. I guess we can put up with you if you promise not to bring Wicom along. icon_wink.gif

I was hugely intimidated by the stories here for a while, but I decided to pen one myself. Why in the world I chose to place it at a American Baseball website's "General Gaming" forum is beyond me, but i'm an idiot, so that explains a lot of it. I've considered moving it here, but i'm really not sure how people would take to it, partially becaause of how I play, and especially given that 95% of my inspiration in making this was Dixie Flatline's 29-Star effort that still is the best CM story i've ever come across.

Still, I invite anyone who might be interested watching a Yankee muddle his way through the English Leagues to take a look.

The Travails Of Chester City

OMDave are you Alexis' brother? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Afraid so icon_rolleyes.gif

Currently homeless, with little or no internet access, which is why 'Robber Barons' is on hold temporarily.

Jesper/other 'Battle of Britain' rivals: I hope to retrieve (or if that fails, replace) my copy of 01/02 this month, and hopefully by then I'll have a roof to play under...

CMS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Yes, boys and girls, CMS' (short lived) Fantasy Football League is up and running again in time for the new season. Each week you go head to head with another team in the league and there is a whole thread dedicated to trash talking and mocking should you be lucky enough to win.

Go to CMStories.net to sign up. The more teams the better.

Oh, and this time it's based on the English Premiership.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terk:

__CMS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE__

Yes, boys and girls, CMS' (short lived) Fantasy Football League is up and running again in time for the new season. Each week you go head to head with another team in the league and there is a whole thread dedicated to trash talking and mocking should you be lucky enough to win.

Go to http://www.cmstories.net/yabbse/index.php to sign up. The more teams the better.

Oh, and this time it's based on the English Premiership. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi im quite new to the stories forum and was wondering if this is open to everybody?

I would be intrested in picking a team sounds a bit of fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redsardonyx:

Go to http://www.cmstories.net/yabbse/index.php to sign up. The more teams the better.

Hi im quite new to the stories forum and was wondering if this is open to everybody?

I would be intrested in picking a team sounds a bit of fun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, it's open to all icon14.gif get yourself along to cmstories.net and pick yourself a squad icon_smile.gif

Hey people

Just to let you know I wont be updating my two stories(East Stirling and the Manchester City Ones) due to having only 10 weeks of school left and my two lots of exams. I don't have the time because I am trying to put more time in for study but I will be still around the forum checking out all the other stories still running icon14.gif

Hopefully I can continue writing after my TEE Exams!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King Jeff:

Helo, this is a question for Mark or Stuart.

Do you know when the CMS index will be updated, and the new links on the new domain available?

icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bugger all to do with me these days, I'm not part of CMS anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by readingfanman:

Quick fire round: for 5 points each , and a little gold star!

What would you consider the best possible way to start a story?

Multiplayer or single player?

Lower leauge or glory hunting?

and last but not least

Unknown Rubbish or Local brilliance? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Once upon a time..."

Single player

Lower league

Unknown rubbish

icon_mad.gif

[rant]

Aaaargh! I wish someone would drop a bomb on bloody Swindon! I've been trying to find a working tactic for them without any luck. 3 sackings so far with them in single player.

I think the next challenge should be winning the PL with Swindon using a tactic you've designed yourself on CM 3 01/02! icon_mad.gif

[/rant]

Ah... felt good to get it out!

i was enjoying colden common fc , who , well let me explain by the margate saint but it seems to have dried up.

Football - as it should be by binny , a cracking read where he takes the brazilian leauges.

I quite liked Terks story 20 managers , 20 teams , 320 players , 1 premiership season , or something like that, and would love to do something like that myself , but haven't got the programming skills to do it.

Junis story , ladies and gentlemen , welcome to norway , home of the vikings , christmas and the UEFA euro 2012

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by readingfanman:

I quite liked Terks story 20 managers , 20 teams , 320 players , 1 premiership season , or something like that, and would love to do something like that myself , but haven't got the programming skills to do it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's one i'd totally forgotten about. might have to have a look at trying that again when i've done with my current ones

week one results and league table published. week two fixtures announced icon14.gif

oh, and if anyone still wants to register, they can until the end of week 5 icon_smile.gif

Archived