[FM 20.4.1] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSfilment 2.0.1 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

27 minutes ago, FuSS said:

Something I always take as a good sign of the tactic's progress.

My under 23's got promoted without the help of any first team players (unlike Norwich who have several senior players in the squad, cheats!)

20200520174147_1.thumb.jpg.86ed4bd337588b1caf5026d30a635682.jpg

This is their best player:

20200520174400_1.thumb.jpg.26b0600e3b5b9e38f34592c686a68ca3.jpg

The new manager is pretty exciting!

20200520174954_1.thumb.jpg.11384cc12489719a5101dfc7b5e7929a.jpg

Random question - I’m in my 5th season now and I’ve never had my Under 23’s in a league before. How do you do this? I’ve only ever had my Under 18’s n the 23’s have just played friendly games...

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mark111094 said:

Random question - I’m in my 5th season now and I’ve never had my Under 23’s in a league before. How do you do this? I’ve only ever had my Under 18’s n the 23’s have just played friendly games...

Have you been playing in the lower leagues?

1 hour ago, manuol86 said:

I put Firmino for shoot the penalty but Van Dijk does not agree.. :lol:

1.PNG

You will have ticked the box in your penalty taker settings which will allow any player with 2 goals already to take the penalty for his hat-trick

20200520191458_1.thumb.jpg.1462a6dbc26661d621927570b737ab8f.jpg

34 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

Have you been playing in the lower leagues?

Yeah started out in the National League and now I’m Just about to start my 2nd season in the Prem. So was just wondering how I get my Under 23’s in a league?! 

9 hours ago, mark111094 said:

Yeah started out in the National League and now I’m Just about to start my 2nd season in the Prem. So was just wondering how I get my Under 23’s in a league?! 

At the start of each season, you will get a message in your inbox asking if you want your U23s and U18s to participate in leagues. Sometimes the board overrides the option and insists on the U18s taking part, whilst leaving it up to you about the U23s. Either way, you will still get the messages so keep an eye out for them.
I couldn't tell you exactly when this happens but it will be approx in July, maybe a couple of weeks before the youth team leagues are set to begin.

I started in the 10th tier of non league and my U23 and U18 squads didn't have any competitive games until we made it into League One. However, I did make sure that in the responsibilities -> matches section I ticked the boxes so that both squads would play a friendly every week if there were no fixtures; saved me having to arrange friendlies myself for them each week.

edit: read this, apparently it's to do with your youth rating.

Edited by Earnie is God!

19 hours ago, FuSS said:

07 I think!

Yeah I broke the game that year, that tactic had something like a million downloads, it was nuts!

Hi @FuSS,

Why not try to create a traditional 442 for FM 2020, inspired by that of 07? It can work well. 442 is a strong formation this year. :) 

6 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

At the start of each season, you will get a message in your inbox asking if you want your U23s and U18s to participate in leagues. Sometimes the board overrides the option and insists on the U18s taking part, whilst leaving it up to you about the U23s. Either way, you will still get the messages so keep an eye out for them.
I couldn't tell you exactly when this happens but it will be approx in July, maybe a couple of weeks before the youth team leagues are set to begin.

I started in the 10th tier of non league and my U23 and U18 squads didn't have any competitive games until we made it into League One. However, I did make sure that in the responsibilities -> matches section I ticked the boxes so that both squads would play a friendly every week if there were no fixtures; saved me having to arrange friendlies myself for them each week.

edit: read this, apparently it's to do with your youth rating.

Thank you for your help. 

7 hours ago, ElComandante said:

Hi @FuSS,

Why not try to create a traditional 442 for FM 2020, inspired by that of 07? It can work well. 442 is a strong formation this year. :) 

Because I love inside forwards :)

I might try a 4-4-2 if I get time, but I'm not furloughed, I'm still at work Full-Time!

18 hours ago, manuol86 said:

I put Firmino for shoot the penalty but Van Dijk does not agree.. :lol:

1.PNG

When your team get awarded a penalty in-match a small text box will appear on the top left of the pitch letting you "change penalty taker" on the fly - I just use that yo pick and choose as I go.

11 hours ago, manuol86 said:

K Liverpool are too strong but smash such opponents is incredible..

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

Very nice!

@FuSS,

Understand. The classic 442 reminds me of good old Ferguson Manchester United. I like the style: fast, direct, intense. Anyway ... I really like your tactics, and if you can think about it, it will be interesting. That 442 of 07 was insane. Good times. Thank you!

2 hours ago, FuSS said:

No tested much yet, but made a slight tweak to the striker that you might want to test.

FuSSfilment R1.3.1.fmf 45.39 kB · 17 downloads

using this formation for a create a club challenge i just started.  Charlton, but cleared the squad in create a club mode and used the budget to fill it with youth apart from 3 older players (Scott Carson, Johan Djourou and Loic Nego).  will let you know how I get on with it!

1 hour ago, ElComandante said:

@FuSS,

Understand. The classic 442 reminds me of good old Ferguson Manchester United. I like the style: fast, direct, intense. Anyway ... I really like your tactics, and if you can think about it, it will be interesting. That 442 of 07 was insane. Good times. Thank you!

Ferguson's Man Utd actually played very direct counter attacking football, I think it would be replicable on the current engine, but not sure it's a style the game would favour sadly, might have a tinker.

Sorry for this off topic, But felt the knowledge here would help.

i noticed i never got an option to choose pre season start date with 1860 munich, after winning the league it only said players went on holiday and reports back july 6th.

which is not what i wanted at all.. anybody had this issue before?

4 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

You don't get a say in it in FM20. Well, I haven't had the option in mine anyway.

Ok, Thanks for your reply.

only got three weeks of pre season even though i was planning some serious fitness project.

21 hours ago, FuSS said:

I've uploaded all versions of the tactic and added a "change log" so you can decide for yourselves which version you prefer.

Nice. I downloaded and made a few slight changes myself (to be more defensive away) and the season is starting well.

Just to check, what is the general impact to use a complete forward (s) rather than pressing forward (s) role.

Edited by Impz82

45 minutes ago, Impz82 said:

Nice. I downloaded and made a few slight changes myself (to be more defensive away) and the season is starting well.

Just to check, what is the general impact to use a complete forward (s) rather than pressing forward (s) role.

My team has just been promoted to the premier league and I find myself looking to tighten up as well, making the defensive midfielder less adventurous has worked well for me.

I've found that only the PF creates the right sort of space and movement for my other players to thrive, but I've also found that once a player has played there for a while, goals aren;t a problem.

26 minutes ago, FuSS said:

My team has just been promoted to the premier league and I find myself looking to tighten up as well, making the defensive midfielder less adventurous has worked well for me.

I've found that only the PF creates the right sort of space and movement for my other players to thrive, but I've also found that once a player has played there for a while, goals aren;t a problem.

Ok. The striker actually started off quite well but the season has only started. :) Only played 4 league games and he already scored 3 and my inside forwards have scored 4. I play Derby and they are now close to the new top 6. The only modification I made (I used 1.1) is to change the crosses to mixed and the DM to a DLP (support) during matches we are favourites, and DLP (defend) during tougher matches or away matches. I also set it to regroup for away matches to be more conservative. 

Edited by Impz82

2 hours ago, Impz82 said:

Ok. The striker actually started off quite well but the season has only started. :) Only played 4 league games and he already scored 3 and my inside forwards have scored 4. I play Derby and they are now close to the new top 6. The only modification I made (I used 1.1) is to change the crosses to mixed and the DM to a DLP (support) during matches we are favourites, and DLP (defend) during tougher matches or away matches. I also set it to regroup for away matches to be more conservative. 

Is that with the striker as a pressing forward?

20 hours ago, FuSS said:

Is that with the striker as a pressing forward?

@FuSS yep. I don't really have any strikers who play the role particularly well, but they are advanced/complete forward types.

10 minutes ago, Impz82 said:

@FuSS yep. I don't really have any strikers who play the role particularly well, but they are advanced/complete forward types.

That's all you need - I mostly used Advanced Forward types in the role.

So once I'd accepted that 1.3 was probably a Claudio Ranieri style mistake I went back to 1.2 and started to think about the fundamental thing I wanted to improve.

1.2 is very strong, it's defensively sound and it usually dominantes other teams - but the players tend to bunch up in the final third and get bogged down, ultimately leading to too many blocked shots.

This is the exact problem my hugely popular FM19 tactic (FuSSillation) had. The solution I used back then? Lose Work-Ball-Into-Box and add Be-More-Expressive.

Hmm, maybe I should try that again then?

First result: Now it's only one match, so could be a total fluke, but I'll get some testing done and see!

20200526165720_1.thumb.jpg.a57221d2ca7b03bf8430f6d658458163.jpg

Oh and before you ask, yes, yes that is the 32 year old Gareth Bale, brought in on a free, putting Man City to the sword....funny old game.

Edit: The next game went pretty well too - the most important thing is that in both games my front-3 have led the way.

20200526172251_1.thumb.jpg.d5e6c3b5d7577cf59d79e65c2ad44f89.jpg

Edited by FuSS

image.thumb.png.869b216baf99f84c2b5e3c8841c78b6a.pngimage.thumb.png.cb7d734cec0477708c902da74c7666f8.pngimage.thumb.png.d25ff52a5ac52701958cb10f157884b7.png

I started using your new tweak from the QPR game onwards which I wasnt expected to win so I played a weakened team. My Cheltenham team got promoted from League 2 in the first season by finishing 3rd where I was expected to finish 16th I believe. I am now predicted to finish 21st in League 1 which basically means relegation. Most my players are only good enough for League 2 really apart from the loans, Dan Happe & Doyle-Hayes who are on a wage which I cant really afford so one of them will probably be gone in January. I will keep going with this tweak as it plays great football and I can see why your inside forwards score all the goals ive found its usually a backpost header or tap in although my striker has scored in the last few games too. Keep up the great work mate!

9 hours ago, FuSS said:

That's all you need - I mostly used Advanced Forward types in the role.

Arrr. Ok. Anyway, i adjusted some sliders for away or tougher games and had good results. Essentially, i stop counter and counter press, drop both loe/d-line by 1 and put the adv as support. Everything else is the same. I tend to suffer less painful counters with that.

12 hours ago, Blakey VII said:

image.thumb.png.869b216baf99f84c2b5e3c8841c78b6a.pngimage.thumb.png.cb7d734cec0477708c902da74c7666f8.pngimage.thumb.png.d25ff52a5ac52701958cb10f157884b7.png

I started using your new tweak from the QPR game onwards which I wasnt expected to win so I played a weakened team. My Cheltenham team got promoted from League 2 in the first season by finishing 3rd where I was expected to finish 16th I believe. I am now predicted to finish 21st in League 1 which basically means relegation. Most my players are only good enough for League 2 really apart from the loans, Dan Happe & Doyle-Hayes who are on a wage which I cant really afford so one of them will probably be gone in January. I will keep going with this tweak as it plays great football and I can see why your inside forwards score all the goals ive found its usually a backpost header or tap in although my striker has scored in the last few games too. Keep up the great work mate!

Look like some good results!

I've only played 3 games so far, so can't say if it'll hold up long-term.

BTW, I had Brewster from Liverpool and Garner from Utd on loan from League 2 all the way through to prem (3 years), just kept extending them. 

I just bought Brewster for real my first year in the prem, it's nice to have him on-board.

Edited by FuSS

23 hours ago, Blakey VII said:

nice to see you using Cheltenham :) 

Can you give tips on how to beat the big boys in the league? Especially away from home. I’m having no luck whatsoever and constantly getting beat by them. Seeing you beat Man City 5-0 away from home makes me wanna know how you do it...

23 hours ago, mark111094 said:

Can you give tips on how to beat the big boys in the league? Especially away from home. I’m having no luck whatsoever and constantly getting beat by them. Seeing you beat Man City 5-0 away from home makes me wanna know how you do it...

There's a lot of factors, I'd say tactics account for about 25% of the result at most.

That said, take a look a few posts back where I do a blow by blow against Liverpool, might help you out on a few areas :)

Edited by FuSS

On 26/05/2020 at 17:58, FuSS said:

So once I'd accepted that 1.3 was probably a Claudio Ranieri style mistake I went back to 1.2 and started to think about the fundamental thing I wanted to improve.

1.2 is very strong, it's defensively sound and it usually dominantes other teams - but the players tend to bunch up in the final third and get bogged down, ultimately leading to too many blocked shots.

This is the exact problem my hugely popular FM19 tactic (FuSSillation) had. The solution I used back then? Lose Work-Ball-Into-Box and add Be-More-Expressive.

Hmm, maybe I should try that again then?

First result: Now it's only one match, so could be a total fluke, but I'll get some testing done and see!

20200526165720_1.thumb.jpg.a57221d2ca7b03bf8430f6d658458163.jpg

Oh and before you ask, yes, yes that is the 32 year old Gareth Bale, brought in on a free, putting Man City to the sword....funny old game.

Edit: The next game went pretty well too - the most important thing is that in both games my front-3 have led the way.

20200526172251_1.thumb.jpg.d5e6c3b5d7577cf59d79e65c2ad44f89.jpg

Had equal great success with fussilation 19, and noticed my striker was always the leading scorer. Noticed I struggle so far with my average striker far with the new version, using 1.2 btw

On 27/05/2020 at 19:45, FuSS said:

There's a lot of factors, I'd say tactics account for about 25% of the result at most.

That said, take a look a few posts back where I do a blow by blow against Liverpool, might help you out on a few areas :)

I looked at your post about your liverpool game and it really helped. Ive also seen the posts about man marking your opponents playmaker to stifle there creativity I dont know if its on here or another FM site I cant remember to be honest. Is there a guide or write up anywhere about reading scout reports and oppostiton analysis to look at the strengths and weakenesses of your opponent. I understand a lot of it already just always good to read up more and see what other managers do.

10 minutes ago, Blakey VII said:

I looked at your post about your liverpool game and it really helped. Ive also seen the posts about man marking your opponents playmaker to stifle there creativity I dont know if its on here or another FM site I cant remember to be honest. Is there a guide or write up anywhere about reading scout reports and oppostiton analysis to look at the strengths and weakenesses of your opponent. I understand a lot of it already just always good to read up more and see what other managers do.

Glad to hear it helped.

I've looked at some of the man-marking stuff, but I've not really tried it, I should think smart use of OIs would have much the same affect.

I'm not aware of an Opposition Analysis guide, but there must be one out there. I try and keep it simple, play the first 10-15 minutes and ACTUALLY WATCH THEM IN FULL, usually tells me what's going to happen and what I need to adjust for that specific moment.