Stadiums - Potential solution to a longstanding divisive topic

rabcp

I like it, and I would add one more option: the background. For small stadiums, you can see what is behind. And in real life, there may be working class houses, but there are also stadiums surrounded by green fields, a forest, or parking lots. In rare cases, there are stadiums surrounded by water.

Spoiler

With a stadium editor, the community can create its own stadium like at the time of fifa manager13 , https://fifa-club-manager.fr/pft-fcm/lfp-fifa-manager-13/3d/stades3d/stades3d-editeur-lfp-fifa-manager-13.php

The fact of being able to edit stadiums reinforces the immersion of playing the fact of being able to import and export them would be a major feature for us , 

this will allow even in multi player to have the same stadiums if we have the same files

being able to download stadium packs like we have done with PES for many years is very interesting 

Edited by destmez
grammar

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea and hope it could be implemented in some way, albeit it would be an extra job for researchers or SI to as part of the creation process initially. 

Grounds that have athletics tracks around them (very many of them exist) need to also be catered for if that particular design element can be introduced, although I understand that might need a larger degree of alteration to allow for the stands etc being further away from the pitch.

Also, if it can be specified as to where away fans are positioned (and maybe the minimum/maximum space they take up) then that would be an added bonus.

It doesn't bother some people, but for me it would all help to add to the game's realism.

I've mentioned somewhere before that a stock load of stadium designs being available might be handy, perhaps numbered and applied to club details in the editor (e.g - 1 - Wembley-type stadium, 5-Big stadium with athletics track, 7 - Small stadium with track, 10 - Non-league all standing, 12 - Small, half and half standing/seating etc etc) in a similar way to how the kits are done at the moment.

Big problem for us who buy FM only for LLM is this:

Screenshot_69.thumb.png.44052a1c90ea221c2411ec88e0f7c4fb.png

100 capacity stadium looks like 10000. Why is so difficult to add this to the game.

5 years old request. SI simply dont give a sh*t about our wishes and common sense .

Is that difficult to add 5 more stadium capacity options to generator????

IF YOU WANNA MAKE 3D - THEN YOU SHOULD SOMETIMES LISTEN TO YOUR      C  U  S  T  O  M  E  R  S ! ! !

And yeah - i wrote this with uppercase and red color. Dont you dare to make any warning about this. I have spent numerous hours in YOUR editor section to help YOUR customers so i have any right to do this!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

People arguing that managers do not have a say in the appearance or design of stadiums are delusional.

I recall Alex Ferguson specifically liked the stands being close to the pitch having his fans face to face with players.

And the amount of input Wenger gave into designing the emirates is also huge, from the quality of the seats to the design of the locker room so that everyone can clearly hear him speak when he stands in a specific location.

I absolutely loved the fifa manager stadium building tool. I only used it for creating my own club, but I believe it should be in everywhere.

8 hours ago, andreschalkwyk10 said:

People arguing that managers do not have a say in the appearance or design of stadiums are delusional.

I recall Alex Ferguson specifically liked the stands being close to the pitch having his fans face to face with players.

And the amount of input Wenger gave into designing the emirates is also huge, from the quality of the seats to the design of the locker room so that everyone can clearly hear him speak when he stands in a specific location.

I absolutely loved the fifa manager stadium building tool. I only used it for creating my own club, but I believe it should be in everywhere.

SI said before that, whilst one or two of the top international managers may want to have some input to stadium design, it want part of the vast majority of manager's job description and that was why it wasn't directly included.

@autohoratio  @rabcp     by:  autohoratio

Some more fleshed-out ideas for how I think an overhaul of stadium models could work:

• A stadium editor (or a section for it in the pre-game editor), not to replicate detailed architecture of a specific stadium but to get the general shape, layout and setting reasonably accurate
  • Dropdown menu for "Basic Stadium Shape" – Rectangle (straight sides, with either a bevel where the corners meet or octagonal external shape), Rounded Rectangle (as before but rounded corner stands), Bowl Rectangle (or "Squircle"/Lamé curve, slightly curved sideline/endline stands, similar to Emirates, Wanda Metripolitano or West Ham's stadium), Bowl (Ellipse outer shape but rectangular inner shape, e.g. University of Bolton Stadium), Capsule (typical layout for stadium with a running track - rectangle with two semicircles at either end), Ellipse (e.g. Rungrado 1st of May Stadium)
  • Tickbox for running track (and running track colour, typically brick red, royal blue (example) or green)
  • Stadium Setting - Park, Trees, High-density Urban, Low-density Urban, Residential, grass, etc.
  • Tickbox for each side (or a stadium graphic with clickable sections to enable/disable that section), each corner (e.g. Side 1, Side 2, End 1, End 2 / Corner 1, Corner 2, Corner 3, Corner 4) and for running track. For example, Side 1 and Side 2 ticked but all others unticked for a stadium like Braga's, untick one End for a stadium like Oxford United, tick only Sides and Ends for no corners, tick only one Side (optionally tick Corner 1 and 4 as well which would be connected to it) for a stadium with just a single stand. Perhaps even an extra option for "Fill Empty Sections With" which, instead of the single story buildings, picnic benches and giant TV screens that are currently in empty corners, could place trees in a stadium with Trees/Park setting, apartment/office blocks in empty corners of a High-density Urban stadium (e.g. Vicarage Road or Leyton Orient's Brisbane Road)
  • Options for Stand Size - I think entering a percentage of capacity (rounded to the nearest 5% or 2.5%) for each Side/End/Corner would be the best way to achieve this, so for instance S1 35%, E1 10%, S2 25% E2 10%, all C 5% (for a total of 100%)
  • Tickbox for Single Tier Only - If the stadium is large enough for multiple tiers to be generated by default, ticking this would keep a specific stand/corner as just one tier (e.g. Anfield Kop or Spurs' new stadium)
  • Roof options - e.g. Full, Partial, None
  • Seating colour selection and options for terracing/safe standing
  • Pitchside floor colour (for the artificial turf at the edge of the pitch, or other surfaces like rubber/painted concrete in some stadiums. For example, bright/medium green for an athletics stadium (example) or brick red to match the running track, grass green to emulate the pitch colour, or club colour for stadiums like West Ham)
  • Sideline tunnel or Corner tunnel option
  • A stadium with a small current capacity but large expansion capacity set in the database could have external buildings further away from the stadium in the match engine, although I'm not sure whether this is possible with how stadiums are currently implemented
  • If the a club with a stadium with a running track decides to expand, the expansion could build a new stand on top of the running track or convert from a Capsule shape to rectangle (similar to some Italian stadiums recently, like Atalanta), or like Man City build inwards and lower the pitch level

As always I understand that some of my suggestions might not be possible for technical reasons or otherwise, but I appreciate any of this being taken into consideration. :) 

Edited January 18 by autohoratio

stade500.jpg

Edited by destmez

• 3 weeks later...