Player Database

Hello Fellow FMs

I have recently dipped my toes back into the highly addictive fm world and for the first time gone with the touch version. I have thoroughly enjoyed taking on the task of restoring Sunderland to the premiership.

What I am finding as the biggest challenge is the small database of players. My scouts never seem to identify players from Eastern Europe or Scandinavia, It is mainly Uk players. I changed the scouting zones to include these areas and even when I do a a manual search it is pretty much only uk players.

is there anyway of expanding the database? I really struggled when I got back to the Premiership to find players within my price bracket or hot prospects outside the UK?

If you buy the Pc version can you use the player database there for scouting and locating players then transfer back to touch to play matches?

• 3 weeks later...

I raised this as issue here:

In my opinion FM Touch has small database because SI wants it to be playable on all kind of tablets that are on the list. This includes also some that are powerfull and average. What I dont understand is why they dont give us option like in FMT PC version where we can expand it. Im not even asking for option loading players from different regions or with sprcific reputation. I just want simple small/medium/big database size selection

This was raised by me several years ago. It was said, that SI want that FMT be equal to all platforms, for the exception of option to remove the 3 nation limit on the PC version.

If you wish for large database on any platform or any sort of an editor, please, raised in the Wish Thread on the FM Touch sub-thread (it is pinned on top of this sub-thread). The more people ask this soon, rather then later will have these options. ;)

Edited by grade

18 hours ago, DWCallaghan said:

Assume these issues are with Android or Ipad players ? I mean on my FMT on PC I can set the database size to small , medium or large ?

Yeah due to restrictions on the Tablets form of the game, they can’t do that like on PC unfortunately 

On 18/05/2020 at 10:06, zakbrown96 said:

Yeah due to restrictions on the Tablets form of the game, they can’t do that like on PC unfortunately 

But as previously stated tablets have come on leaps and bounds since FMTs first release.