Make it easier to manage youth teams

Maldini's Heir

I find I spend an inordinate amount of time on my youth team working out the correct numbers for each squad, who to sell, who to loan and who to promote, scouting talent, training them, making sure they've got the right coaches etc etc.

It's by far the most time consuming part of the game. Each summer I normally only make one or two star signings for my first team so my transfer activity is over pretty quick usually by July, I then spend the rest of the summer having to deal with my youth team.

Whilst I do enjoy that part of the game there are a few things that could be done to make the job a bit easier.

Firstly, with youth teams we can probably tone down the attitude. I'm sick of 16 year olds demanding I loan them out. It's fine for senior players to be pushy but the youth players are far too demanding. And when you've got about 50 to work through it's very time consuming.

Secondly, the menus need to be easier to navigate. When I loan a player out I need to be able to recall them but the default setting is always "loan cannot be terminated". Is there any way of changing the default setting so I don't have to tick the boxes every time?

Thirdly, if I offer youth players for loan (I play with Milan, so one of the "top teams") there should be some interest. Otherwise I have to endlessly go back and re-offer players out. 

Fourthly, I should, easily, be able to target specific levels. I generally only want to loan out players if they'll play in Serie B but sometimes of the 20 loan offers I get some are in Serie B and some are in lower divisions. There should be a simple way of filtering out the lower divisions.

Fifthly the whole reporting thing needs to be improved. I get such mixed messages from coaches with some giving lower stars but then the report tells me the player has the potential to play in Serie A. Which is it? Also when it comes to contract renewals I need to see the potentials on the same page as the contract renewals page rather than it constantly reverting to the contract renewals page every time I offer a contract (I hope that makes sense).

The whole thing just needs to be better thought out so it's less time consuming and more user friendly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everything bar the star/scouting system. The whole point is for you to not actually know (unless you cheat with the editor) how good a player is. Stars very depending upon how good your coaches and scouts are at judging players, how they are currently playing, where they are playing and the status of your club and the standard it is at. Its not straight forward like FIFA because it’s realistic, people misjudge players all the time.