Youngsters demanding loans/playing time

GBagshaw91

Okay so I’m not suggesting player mutiny or anything drastic but say a player like Harvey Elliott, Curtis Jones, Angel Gomes etc. are just spending year after year sitting in the youth team, dominating on the goals and assists yet never getting a sniff of first team action I believe those players should at some point ask the manager what they need to do to get a chance or ask to be loaned out or even sold if they feel the manager doesn’t believe in their potential. I’ll play for 10 years and these players will do nothing yet are seemingly happy. Yet when you bid for them the club want £98m or something silly. Someone like Joe Gomez can go 5 years and play 10-15 league games every season and he’s happy with that! There should be a point where they have the ‘Phil Neville Epiphany’ and decide they’d rather go to a club that whilst not as competitive for honours, will value said player a lot more.

Maybe it’s just me but I find it frustrating that players like the ones listed above as well as Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith Rowe and many more will waste very important years doing pretty much nothing, happily nonetheless! Their clubs refuse to loan them out and yet they sign new sometimes huge contracts and continue to stagnate

Edited by GBagshaw91

While it is frustrating its also reality. There have been countless cases of players wanting to stay at their parent clubs and earn massive wages rather than going out to play. That won’t change.

However I do agree that say a young player has a year left on his contract and you bid for them, more should be made of it. At least for sure in the media and more heard from the youngster as is the case in real life. Often young players will use this opportunity to either hold to ransom their parent clubs or run down their contracts forcing their clubs to sell - very rarely do you find “genuine” youngsters. I feel that this should be reflected more in the game.

• 1 month later...