Is this the game for me?

Hi all.

I'm considering buying this game and downloaded the demo but I wanted to ask just how indepth does this get, can you vary the amount of things you have to do?

For instance I just want to create a team in the lower leagues, buy/sell players, set the tactics, set training once or delegate to a coach and make subs as and when they are needed and possibly build and expand a stadium. I do not want to micro manage every tiny aspect of the club, pamper to players needs, set multiple individual training schedules e.t.c

Is this the game for me, can I adjust how much I do and delegate things I don't to coaches and still be succesful or am I looking for a different game?

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Boleyn1895 said:

Hi all.

I'm considering buying this game and downloaded the demo but I wanted to ask just how indepth does this get, can you vary the amount of things you have to do?

For instance I just want to create a team in the lower leagues, buy/sell players, set the tactics, set training once or delegate to a coach and make subs as and when they are needed and possibly build and expand a stadium. I do not want to micro manage every tiny aspect of the club, pamper to players needs, set multiple individual training schedules e.t.c

Is this the game for me, can I adjust how much I do and delegate things I don't to coaches and still be succesful or am I looking for a different game?

Thank you.

Yes, you can delegate tasks. I think its worth giving the game ago.

Just prepare yourself for the inevitable frustration the game brings.

Yes you can delegate most tasks, training etc. and still be successful, it largely comes down to tactics. I'm afraid you will have to pamper to players needs from time to time, you don't get to delegate that. 

Everything you're wanting there is all in the game and a lot more and again, you can delegate to your own staff that you can bring in and organise to your hearts content. 

There will still be a lot to learn however, but if you're up for the task, playing here probably 20 years, it offers more entertainment and depth than any other game in history IMO. 

Really depends what you want, as the titles suggest, the full game is far more in depth with more options, more leagues, more detail to everything that's going on around you. 

Touch is for on the go, mobile play, have never used it so couldn't tell you its quality but it has a good amount of players using it. 

14 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Yeah. Your opening post pretty much describes the exact purpose of FM Touch, so I'd definitely start with that.

Exactly this. It is in no way a "mobile" version of the game despite what the name would suggest.  It is the full game but streamlined to pretty much the OP describes.  Same match engine as well.  The name is a bad one.  It used to be called classic and that was better IMO

On 28/06/2020 at 23:08, Boleyn1895 said:

possibly build and expand a stadium

You don't do either of these, but the board will sometimes initiate an expanse or build a new stadium, if they feel it's needed. The most you can do is ask the board, to try and make this happen sooner.