Best way to pull teams for Continental comps

ratio1618

Im currently trying to recreate the CONCACAF Continental system identically to real life, from the Caribean Shield > CFU Champs > North American League > CONCACAF Champions league.

Ive used a few exisitng files as a base to work from to save me from having to work from the ground up. Regardless all these files have a problem at one point in time. I feel like some of the options the editor gives us to pull teams are either broken to their actual mechanism is broken.

Is there a unequivocal universal standard to make sure you are pulling the right teams and sending them to right places? Is it through the  "nations > Continent > Teams" section or is it better to pull teams from the "CONCACAF Champions league > Teams > Qualified teams" OR is it better to grab teams in each stage via the "Concacaf champions league > Stages > stage 0 > teams" setting. I have seen various files from others using a mix of all three methods and they all seem to have problems at one point or another. 

Perhaps if we could all come up with a concrete idea on what works best it would help everyone out. They all seem to do the same thing in different ways but at the same time seem to be fundamental problems. For example at the moment I have Caribean sheild AND the CFU champs as well as the playoff between the two working fine. But when the teams from the Caribean move out of the sub continental comp into either the North American league or the CONCACAF Champions league the game seems to just overwrite the spots i have set for them with extra Latin/Central American teams, despite nothing in my file allowing this to be so. I will upload my current file to see if anyone can spot the issue. 

Also why does it seem like the options for "type" seem to be all over the place and either dont work or are just non functional
image.png.a073b564231e4eac15b02e24402ef7c6.png

I have tried multiple variations of these options jsut to get a Caribean team into NAL or CONCACAF but nothing seems to work and its an issue ive ran into countless times over the 3 years ive been editing competitions and theres no definitive answer on what works best. 

tl;dr What is the best way to get the right teams from each nation into a continental competition? Nations > teams, Comp > qualified teams or Comp > stage > teams

000aaaaa_3.fmf

On 20/07/2020 at 03:58, ratio1618 said:

@KUBI
@krlenjushka
Do you have any insight on this? It would help alot of people making Continental competitons to have as many options clarified not just me

Sorry i dont have time for this - only way is to use teams section in competition. Remove qualification system settings from continent.

6 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Sorry i dont have time for this - only way is to use teams section in competition. Remove qualification system settings from continent.

Would you know the best way to grab all 4 teams from a Semi final in another competition to qualify them for another competiton group stage?