Position Role Duty - Tactical Familarity

My tactics have gained familiarity in all parts quickly except position/role and duty.  I have set up my training assignments to make the most of this to expediate the situation and gain familiarity as quickly as possible.  I have played players in the PRD roles and I have noticed not alot of changes in the bars going up.  I have noticed that some players who I have been squad / fringe players have gained PRD quicker than some of the players who have been playing week in and week out which I find strange  > am now 11 games into the season after playing a number of friendlies.  Why would some players gain familiarity quicker in PRD than other even though they are not playing and is there anything else I can do to speed this up

Can anyone provide any insight into this.

I am now half way through the season, one of my players who also played in the same position last season has still not gained Position Role Duty Familiarity yet a player who I have signed and started to play in matches (Total 4 starts) has gained fluid familiarity in my tactic.  How can a player who has been at the club for over a year and a half played virtually every game not gain PRD familiarity yet  a player who has just joined the club played 4 matches can?