Red, Orange, Green Arrows Training

I have set up my training schedules and alot of my players are progressing well and have yellow arrows and green arrows.

There are a few which have orange, red arrows against them. one of which is my star striker who is 29 years old.

I use a double intensity training for all of my players to improve them. - Would reducing the intensity on the players where the red / orange arrows occur help - I would have thought not as you are reducing the training which would make it worse?

What type of things should I be looking for and adjusting in training apart from rollocking them to improve to stop the red and orange arrows, and is there any advise for gaining green arrows in training.  I know there won't be any set down rules and alot will be trial and error, but not sure where I should start to stop the rot setting in as Ive not really been interested in developing my knowledge of this part of the game / player development in previous FMs just let it happen but now I want to get a more of an understanding of it and how I can change it.

Except in ageing players who's attributes are in natural decline, always look at the long term development graphs not just the arrow colours on the profile screen.

What you are looking for in the graphs is a general upward trend over a period of time.  Arrows on the profile screen are just short term things.  It's quite normal and natural for a player to have peaks and troughs as their attributes develop because player development is not linear.  So a striker's Finishing (for example) may report monthly attribute values of 10,10, 11, 10, 11, 12, 12, 11, 12, 12, 13.  So in two of those months he'd actually show a decline (orange or even red arrows) but overall during that period he's improved and so there is no need to change anything.

Red downward arrows may be more of a concern but can usually be linked back to some sort of event such as an injury, squad/mentoring influence or even the rare "off field" event.  Injury related declines (unless really serious) tend to resolve themselves after a while and you may be able to influence squad or off field issues via mentoring.

Of course if a younger player is showing a decline over a longer period of time that may be something you'll need to address with his training and/or personality (player's with "better" personalities tend to train better).  Note however that where a player has reached his potential attributes may still change, but where that happens an attribute might increase while another decreases to compensate.

Again though if the player is ageing that's probably just part of their natural decline.

Thanks for the insight - what ages do players generally start showing a decline in there attributes.  2 of the players who have the red orange arrows are aged 27 and 29.  Would reducing there training intensity help with them been older.  The other one is 25 but is on a leadership course, could that be the reason he has red / orange arrows