Little FM things that you love

- Building a rapport with your players, managing them for years & just being "invested" in them

-  When you see your roles combine to pull off a move/goal you envisaged when you put the tactic together

- Your players turning down moves to bigger clubs

- New one to me, I signed a player, then a few months later he recommends we take a look at one of his buddies from his old club (he was way too good for us), had never seen that before & thought it was brilliant

-Signing a real life legend at the end of his career  to a lower league team . Not quite a legend but I had a 33  year old Miles Addison at Lv 9 Heath Hayes & it felt awesome having an ex-PL player in my squad on £90 a game  

- Smashing a team

- Going on a run of smashing teams 

6 hours ago, GianniM said:

Did this with three players, all three said 'Fine, I'll leave then' :D

Now I only have three center backs...

LOL! I actually got 45mil for him a year after buying him for 30ish, and replaced him with a u21 player I'd been loaning out the past two seasons, so win-win!

43 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

LOL! I actually got 45mil for him a year after buying him for 30ish, and replaced him with a u21 player I'd been loaning out the past two seasons, so win-win!

Wish I could say that, I'm in my first season with Dresden now so mine was worth 180k. Happy to have managed to sell him for 300k :P

Anyway the reason they didn't play is because I wanted to invest time in a youngster who's proven to be a decent back-up. So he'll be getting even more chances now. 

Unpopular opinion: I like the idea of certain teams having a Club Vision asking for a certain kind of foreign player (Boca prefering colombian players, Wolves wanting portuguese players, etc.).

While it's true that it can screw up with your plans because they put restrictions on transfers, it does give owners some kind of "life" beyond whether they will put more money on the club or not.

I think the concept should be expanded, allowing this kind of vision to be added or removed when the Chairman or President is replaced, and allow "newgen" owners to have this kind of vision as well. I'd go as far as turning what are currently hardcoded restrictions (such as the game not even allowing you to make offers for non-Basque players as Athletic Club, or non-Mexican players as Chivas) into "Required" Club Visions.

Edited by llDracoll

You're not wrong there @Dagenham_Dave

I do plenty of, hopefully constructive, moaning early on in the game's life because I want improvements but there's bugger all point in moaning now. FM20's towards the end of it's life, you just have to make do with it how is because nothing's going to change :D 

Doing a Director of Football challenge, and he was about to sign a midfielder on loan. However on the final confirmation screen, he got a report from the physio to say the player was injured for 3 weeks and prone to injury - so he cancelled it! Love that.

I'm in my first full Summer transfer window now and few things from that period:

- players have favorite destination clubs and their agents inform me about it. I know when I can easily reject the bid and when the player will be upset about it

- all contract negotiations are much more difficult and need more time and focus from me. I love that I have to concentrate in those parts of games to make right decisions that affect the club long term, and some agents are much more difficult to handle than in previous FM versions

- players' career paths are affecting their choices - they demand new contract when their playing time and role in the team increases (and they can't be placated with the regular 'you have still time remaining on your current contract' answer that worked so easily in FM16); the players frequently wonder if they should move to bigger club or bigger league, which in turn looks fairly good representation of real life - you can't hold back your star players if they're too good for the division you're playing

Having an academy/youth intake newgen make the senior squad.

I'm going into 2026-27 season and FINALLY an academy player is going to have a fulltime spot in the 25. I've bought 15-18yr olds that become homegrown and contribute to the team, but to finally have a local lad come up through the ranks is neat :-)

Signing a player on a freebie (or really cheaply), then a season later selling for millions. Best deal I've done in my latest save is signing a player from N Ireland for £675 then a season later selling for over £8 million (with  25% of next transfer and 3 more payments of £667K aswell). Proof below :)

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

On 17/09/2020 at 06:52, CaptCanuck said:

Wow! Nicely done. The side doesn't see a lot of reds but I've yet to have one overturned after 7 seasons.

Wouter Burger! He was a key part of my midfield with Sevilla. Eventually he wanted to leave to City even after we won multiple CL and La Liga titles. 

Keeping a senior player for years despite him being much weaker than anybody else in the squad. I've currently got one who never let's me down when i need him to play, never moans and never asks for a wage increase when i offer him a new contract. He's now 30 and only plays about 15 times a season but I like having him about. If I need a shift doing in central midfield, he does it. 

When you set up a scouting assignment and click the radio button next to a specific attribute it automatically sets that attribute at a numeric value suitable for your club. This isn't immediately obvious but if you look to edit the assignment after it's been set up the numeric values are visible.

One more thing of the awesome stuff that happens in FM just popped in my save. You know how the in-game world gets so crazy sometimes? it's so unique and amazing that you get so into it to the point of having press conferences and mental images in your head... :lol: Well, this is one of those times - for the first time that I have ever seen, an entire league spend almost as much money as the EPL. Take a look:

2077429655_FinallysomeonegotclosetothePremierleaguemoney.png.a5bee9c991fd7a9cc8b50a89d500e240.png 

One thing that I love in recent FM series is the dynamic leagues and the tons of tycoon takeovers that change the game world drastically. The year is 2030 and most dominant league in the world is... the French League 1!

In the French league the competition is more fierce than ever with PSG still having the same Qatar owners, Monaco investing heavily and being the best team in the world in the last 2-3 years and winning CL back to back, Lyon recently got tycooned and they are not in the picture, but Rennes are also spending hugely with their own tycoon owners. It's absolute madness and I love it! The rivalry between the French and English league is insane at the moment. 

In addition to those teams, a team in Belgium is tycooned with Conte in charge, a team in Poland was the first(where I got the Guardiola picture from), Las Palmas in Spain have a ton of cash, Chelsea's Abramovic got replaced by a Tycoon, and there might be more that I just haven't seen yet. It's an absolute madness and I love it! :lol:

See where - or if - real players move as the years pass.

I've just started 2026-27 season, another transfer window has shut, and amazingly Timo Werner is STILL with RB Leipzig.

Couple other big names have made one move, but otherwise stayed still (Haaland to R. Madrd, Kane to Liverpool, & Mbappe to Barca).

When story lines play out, which gives it that little bit of an immersion boost, like this...

• Buy Dean Henderson on the cheap from ManU (6mil) in 2022 to be our new #1 replacing Matt Ryan
  • Does well and develops into Englands #1, plays well for us, but our Brazilian scout spots a teenaged goalkeeping dynamo and we snap Vitor up to be the cup keeper
  • Henderson gets into that window for contract talks and apparently he wants a big raise, well that isn't happening so to the transfer list
  • Henderson is sold to Hertha Berlin and Vitor is our new #1
  • 2nd season as the starter and we win the domestic treble! And then Real Madrid start sniffing around Vitor, who is now Brazil #1 too.
  • The offer comes and Vitor says he'll stay, but only for 185k/week... well OK then we'll take 99mil from Madrid and safe travels
  • With only a week left in the transfer window, an equally talented 22yr old from Inter is spotted as the replacement. Maybe not quite as good, but pretty darn close and gets a 90+ scout rating.
  • 60mil, 90k/week contract negotiated, but wait, Inter will not complete the deal till they have a replacement... with 3 days to go in the window
  • So we wait... and we get notice the deal can go through! At the last minute Inter managed to pry away a top keeper from Hertha Berlin; some guy named Henderson :-)

• 3 weeks later...