The New Mini Updates Thread.

deltablue

I never liked calendar year seasons and I'm now realising why the worst way possible.

The Swedish League ends in November, instead of going on holidays I have to keep the have going for 21 more days to play the last 3 matches of UEFA CL/EL/ECL group stage.

When the squad returns in February some players are bought and some are sold, but when registering players for the UEFA knockout rounds I can make a maximum of three changes, meaning I signed 6 players in the off season and I must leave at least the unregistered. :mad:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing as Málaga and I won the league in the first season gaining promotion. Expecting a relegation battle the following season I started quite well. P6 W1 D5 L0. Following a few more results I stayed around midtable until I played Real Madrid at home. I lost 2-0 and after that played against Getafe at home winning 3-1. Then came the break for the World Cup. After the break well... I went 13 more games without losing, 8 wins and 5 draws. April was a bad month, 1W 1D 3L and in May, I had 7 fixtures to play. I was bearing down on European places with the dream of a 4th place CL spot. Given how other clubs lost lots of points, it was very close. First 4 games were against bottom half teams, 3 of which were 20th/19th/17th at the time. Come out with 3W 1D. 

3 games left. All home. All important. Barcelona. Villarreal. Celta Vigo. 

20211229100345_1.thumb.jpg.07a8a71283464699b9f303d1d2f737f7.jpg

I was over the moon with this! Complete shock how we dominated. My team is average at best.20211229100418_1.thumb.jpg.7716bbc1f08b2b9bd7817adab0d98fb6.jpg

Tough game. Villarreal were fighting for the 4th place spot also and avoiding defeat gave me a great chance! This was the last match of the season ( round 38 ) however due to a waterlogged pitch, I still had 1 more to play that had been postponed and was in 2 days from this. A win would see me level on points with 2 other teams.

20211229100842_1.thumb.jpg.7b2af453d24b40cdb6a59ed2feef397e.jpg

By god we did it!!!

20211229100446_1.thumb.jpg.13c0f84a6335aa6dd37c7889b103efc6.jpg

Thanks to @Rashidiand his content on YouTube. I've learned so much about actually understanding tactics / roles / instructions and managed to get a solid system. For a relegation battle expected, with the low quality of my squad compared to the rest I never expected this. I've played FM for 10+ years and this is by far one of the greatest starts to a save I have accomplished. 

Time for an even bigger struggle now, staying competitive in the Champions League! Will help the finances massively as Málaga don't have the much. I was given £8mil budget for the new season.   

Taking my first real bash on FM in a few years with FM 21 after getting a new laptop as a Christmas gift to myself (well that and my old one is 5 years old and I busted the hinges so I can't close the lid). Holy hell how does anyone have time to play out a full season now? :eek: (on the bright side this new laptop can handle my preferred league setup better now and is pretty speedy at processing, so that's good)

Anyway, did my usual Sunday League + No badges + Start unemployed. Got hired at Eastern ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Sports_Club )in the Hong Kong league with them sitting 7th out of 8 teams (last place goes down) and the league having already split into its championship/relegation groups. Was actually a pretty good looking team that just hadn't been getting results. Managed to end the season in 6th and win the FA Cup and Sapling Cup, plus advanced in the AFC Cup (best part was that we had 2 North Korean teams in our group. So an American manager had to go into North Korea. :D ) .

Early days in my first full season in charge. We're off to a flawless start after 3 matches, even with learning a new formation, won the Community Cup and advanced to the AFC Cup's Interzone Playoff Final where we're playing a team from Turkmenistan (already got a 0-0 draw in the away leg). Working on my National C license as well.

Downside is the club is bleeding cash, but at least has a fat bank balance to cover it for now. Although it didn't help that I accidentally on purpose asked the board to improve the youth training facilities after one of my staff members suggested it. Hey, they could have said no.

So the start of my managerial career in Hong Kong has gone 16-5-0, with 3 cup wins. :D

Finally lost in the league. Was bound to happen eventually tbf. We're in 2nd place, 2 points off the lead with a game in hand. We're also 6 points clear of the split with 2 games in hand there (we have 6 matches left before the split)

Made it all the way to the AFC Interzone Playoff FInal where we lost 1-2 on an 86th minute goal to a Syrian team that had blitzed most of the teams they'd played in the competition. Made a fat $750,000 for that though, which helps out the bank balance.

Crashed out of the group stage of the Sapling Cup. But the board didn't care about that competition, and there's a requirement to have 4 U22 Hong Kong players on the pitch, so I just went with a mixed reserve/youth side to get a look at some of the players who haven't been good enough to get into the first team. Pretty much all 1-star players though a couple of the kids have 3 or 3-1/2 star potential.

Having to do a bit of a balancing act with the squad, as we have 6 foreign players and can only use 4 in the league (but the full 6 can be used in continental competitions). PRC players count as foreign, unfortunately for us, as I had signed a defender who left China to sign with Den Haag but washed out of there after 3 seasons and no appearances. Plus a Belgian to bolster our left back position. And we have a Brazilian AML/AMC who's all but first name on the team sheet. And a Brazilian centerback who one of our best defenders. That leaves my 2 Brazilian forwards out in the cold, even though they're better than our other forwards. The best of the two came to me worried that he's not enough playing time, so I bench the Chinese defender to give him a chance in my last match. Might have to rotate through all the foreign players to keep everyone happy. :D

Made a valiant effort but couldn't quite get over the line.

We were sitting in the lead for most of the (brief) season, but had a slip up in form that saw us go into the championship stage (which is only 3 matches) 5 points off the lead. We won our first match, with leaders Lee Man losing to cut the gap to 2. Our second match was at Lee Man, and we couldn't hold onto a 1-0 lead and had to settle for a draw. 

Decided to go for it against Happy Valley since 3 points was the only way we could take the title, and we managed to come away with a 3-1 win. But whilst Kitchee fought back from 2 goals down, they couldn't find the winner, and so we finished level on points with Lee Man but they took the title on goal difference.

In the meantime, we crashed out of the Senior Shield at the first hurdle, but the board didn't care about that competition. We're into the semifinal of the FA Cup so we still have a chance to do a cup double given we won the Community Cup to start the season. Hong Kong gets 4 teams in continental competitions now (2 in the Champions League, 2 in the AFC Cup), and our 2nd place finish means we're at least in the AFC Cup. (I'm guessing the second Champions League spot goes to the FA Cup winner, but we'll find out I guess)

The board was pretty pleased and offered me a 2-year extension on my contract with a pay rise from $525/week to $1,000/week. 

Will have to do a bit of squad rebuilding in the close season as some of our Brazilians have gotten old and decided to retire. One other will depart for somewhere else probably, as I couldn't come to terms with his agent. And there's a lot of deadwood that will be allowed to walk when their contracts expire.

Been a while since I had a proper bash with an FM save, but I think I'm finally starting to grasp where everything is and what they do. :D

Won the FA Cup again. :cool:

Third time in a row Eastern has won, with two of them under my watch. Needed a goal in the 118th minute to get through the semifinal.

Still not sure which AFC competition we'll be in. Guess I'll have to wait under the current AFC competitions finish up (Hong Kong league apparently doesn't use the same calendar as AFC competitions, like the Nordic leagues and UEFA club competitions)

Let the deadwood clear out, only to realize I might be a little thin on backups. So scrambling in the market to fill some spots. (doesn't help that scouting meetings keep recommending foreign players when we're already over the max for domestic competitions; on the bright side, one of our foreign players becomes eligible for Hong Kong nationality in about 170 days, and we can field a couple extra in AFC competitions).

Starting on my National B license, and convinced the board to upgrade the senior training facilities. It's a bit of a financial hit now, but we're still sitting on over $1MM in the bank and we'll eventually get some cash from the AFC competitions.

Reloaded my FM21 HK save because I just can't get into a FM22 save (not the game, just me, I always struggle to get into a save for the first 6 months of a save). At the point I rejoined the save I lost the Europa cup Semi-final to Hertha Berlin for a second time, and got Iceland a direct Champions League group stage spot so at least I have that going for me.

On 08/01/2022 at 19:04, Jason the Yank said:

Won the FA Cup again. :cool:

Third time in a row Eastern has won, with two of them under my watch. Needed a goal in the 118th minute to get through the semifinal.

Still not sure which AFC competition we'll be in. Guess I'll have to wait under the current AFC competitions finish up (Hong Kong league apparently doesn't use the same calendar as AFC competitions, like the Nordic leagues and UEFA club competitions)

Let the deadwood clear out, only to realize I might be a little thin on backups. So scrambling in the market to fill some spots. (doesn't help that scouting meetings keep recommending foreign players when we're already over the max for domestic competitions; on the bright side, one of our foreign players becomes eligible for Hong Kong nationality in about 170 days, and we can field a couple extra in AFC competitions).

Starting on my National B license, and convinced the board to upgrade the senior training facilities. It's a bit of a financial hit now, but we're still sitting on over $1MM in the bank and we'll eventually get some cash from the AFC competitions.

Board is expecting only a top-half finish, but the media have made us 7-5 favorites to win the league.

Blitzed a couple of smaller clubs in preseason and beat Guangzhou's U23s to finish up. Whipped Lee Man in the Community Cup (we were up 4-0 but let in a couple of late ones). Downside is our new Italian striker (washed out from Sassuolo's youth system) did his groin after scoring on his debut. Had to throw on a 15-year-old youth teamer and *he* scored on his debut as well. Set the cup and club record for youngest goalscorer at 15 years 281 days.

Starting to think I should begin a proper thread now. :D

On 22/01/2022 at 19:04, Jason the Yank said:

Board is expecting only a top-half finish, but the media have made us 7-5 favorites to win the league.

Maybe the bookies knew something. We've taken maximum points from our first 4 matches and are already clear at the top. We opened away to TSV Pegasus, but followed that up with sterner stuff from the likes of Kitchee, Southern District and Rangers. And we battered them too. (we did get a little unstuck in the second half against Southern District when our passes started going awry, but we managed a late insurance goal to run out 3-1 winners).

Got the draw for the Sapling Cup (when we'll be required to field at least four U-22 players). Last season I used it strictly for reserves/youth teamers, but I've thought since then that the gap between league matches might have messed things up for our first team (they were still getting reserve matches in the meantime). So I may just use it for the most promising prospects. I have an 18-year-old DL currently riding the bench but who's been getting the top marks in training for about 3 weeks now. Thinking I might use the Sapling Cup to give him a runout as a reward, and move my Belgian DL into central defense and see if that tightens things up even further.

Transfer window closed and just before it shut a 4- star Hong Kong AMR/ST offered his services on free transfer. I'm actually set at both positions, but signed him anyway. It's only through the end of the season, and he can give us some extra cover in both spots; our Italian striker has recovered from his groin strain but still needs to get back up to match fitness, and it's a pretty sharp dropoff from our current AMR to the backups.

Edited by Jason the Yank
Had the wrong team as our season-opening opponent

Finally came undone and dropped our first points in a 1-0 loss to newly promoted Tai Po. They parked the bus and won a penalty to beat us despite us being the better team. (we had 20 shots in total, with 9 on target).

But we rebounded by beating Happy Valley (although they made it interesting at the end) to finish up the first half of the season. 7 matches down, 7 to go before the split. We're 6-0-1 and 3 points clear as the league takes a break for the first round (two groups of four) of the Sapling Cup.

Good news is our Italian striker is healed from his injury (just in time as his backup suffered an ankle injury due to a hard challenge in the Tai Po game) and has opened his scoring account.

Four matches left until the split, and then it's a 3-match sprint to the finish.

Signing the AMR/ST came in handy after Jared Lum (our star AMR and vice captain) suffered a broken wrist in a match. He's out for 2 months. Fortunately his replacement is just as capable.

Youthful DL who'd been doing really well in training got his run out and has seized hold of the job allowing me to move our experienced Belgian DLC into the middle. He's not as good in the middle, but his mental attributes are solid so I'm hopeful he can use those to make the adjustment.

We're into the semifinal of the Sapling Cup, and got our FA Cup group stage off to a positive start with a victory. Plus we whipped rivals Happy Valley in the Senior Shield quarterfinal. The board doesn't care about the Sapling Cup or the Senior Shield and they just want to be competitive in the FA Cup (that we've won 3 years running). League is top priority of course, but I'm starting to have dreams of sweeping the lot.

I could have sworn I saw a message that Hong Kong now got 4 clubs into Asia, but it turns out to still only be 3. That said, the league now does have a direct slot in the group stage after starting the previous competition in the second preliminary round (although Lee Man is heading there after ... something happened to their squad). So we'll head into the AFC Cup again, but won't know our opponent until March. Happy Valley got sent to the West Zone, but we're staying in the East. 

We also just had a board takeover, but it was an internal change with one of the directors taking control. No new investment coming. Finances are still "okay" with $1M in the bank, but we're losing anywhere from $75,000 to $100,000 per month. Looks like we'll need another long run in Asia to help keep the bank balance healthy.

hong kong league.png

Well we've done it, even if the game doesn't realize it. We're 12 points clear going into the split where there are ... 9 points available. So we've won the title, but there's no post-match trophy presentation just yet.

That will actually make it a treble, as we won the Senior Challenge Shield to go with our Community Cup win to open the season. And we've already qualified from our FA Cup group with a match to spare. Good thing too as we open our AFC Cup group stage just 4 days after the final FA Cup group match. We're drawn against two North Korean sides (same as last time we were in the AFC Cup) plus a club from Macau. Happy Valley ended back in the East Asian Zone after all, and choked away a 2-1 advantage in their playoff, losing 0-2 in the home leg. Plus we're still in the Sapling Cup. So we've got a real chance at a domestic quintuple.

hong kong split.png

So I'm isolating after contracting Covid, two days ago so my Norfolk save is on my laptop at work. I've started a save in Wales with Barry. 

Expected to finish mid-tabled in 6th they like most other Welsh top division sides have quite a poor side, akin to a National League North or South side, probably even worse. I made six summer signings to bolster the first team, a new starting GK, RB, CB, CM, RM and ST. We adopted a progressive 4-2-3-1 tactic with a young newgen in the SS role behind the lone forward. 

Over the course of the season we allowed 11 squad players leave, reducing the wage expenditure greatly, with no less than six players going to NLN side York alone. Other players joined the likes of Kidderminster, Solihull and Dover.

We finished in a very admiral 2nd place behind league winners TNS but they didn't have it all their own way as we played each other four times with us beating them on all four occassions; 2-1, 2-0, 3-2 and 3-2. We were powered by our new striker in Mitchell George who had been released by Burnley in the summer, he scored 30 goals in 36 games with 28 of those in the league, ending as runaway top scorer in the league. New right winger Emmanuel Amissah, scored 10 and made 10 assists whilst 16 year old newgen shadow striker John Nicholson scored 10 and made nine assists. 

The finances have been ravaged despite spending nearly £2k under the wage budget. We have a host of staff members we don't need and I will be refreshing the backroom team once all their contracts have ended. We do have European football next season having qualified for the Conference League, getting through a round or two may get us back into a positive balance. 

Yaaaaaas. :cool:

1185268522_RobertBrewer_Inbox-8.thumb.png.3ee07b70ab63aeb158bf97816a9f5b40.png

The only slipup, if you can call it that, was in the Sapling Cup where we lost the semifinal to Happy Valley (after defeating them in the FA Cup the week prior) 1-0 when I completely rotated the side on account of having a crucial AFC Cup game only 3 days later.

But, since we got through our group and are now into the AFC Cup knockout rounds (still waiting for the draw), I'll take that trade. (especially since we're still bleeding money, though we still have a good cushion in the bank; the prize money from a long run in Asia will go a long way to easing those concerns).

The close season is going to be a fair bit of change though. Our star acquisition Andrea Mattioli (signed on a free after washing out of Sassuolo) bagged 21 goals over all competitions and decided he was now too big for us. So we accommodated his request to leave, and sold him to a club in the Chinese First Division for $36,000, which was a tick higher than his valuation.

My relationship with the new-ish board is a bit iffy now. They expect to do a league + FA Cup double this season. We've still got a quality side, but it's a little bit thinner than in our quadruple season. Plus I had asked to go on a course for my National A license, only to be turned down on the grounds that it might make me more attractive to a bigger club (they've since relented and I'm currently taking the course). There's only 1 year left on my contract and I'm debating whether or not to take the offer of an extension should one be made. It would at least give me the chance to manage in the AFC Champions League, but that's contingent on whatever the board decides if I can't pull off the domestic double.

I've loaded in the A-League, Chinese league and K-League now, so I would have bigger options in Asia should I leave Hong Kong.

(and yeah, the manager's name is not mine. IRL I'm getting a little old to have a long managerial career on FM, so I went to one of those "generate a fictitious person's bio" websites to come up with a managerial character :D )

14 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

The finances have been ravaged despite spending nearly £2k under the wage budget. We have a host of staff members we don't need and I will be refreshing the backroom team once all their contracts have ended. We do have European football next season having qualified for the Conference League, getting through a round or two may get us back into a positive balance. 

Finances restored thanks to the Conference League, we reached the 3rd Qualifying Round, beating Balzan of Malta and Rijeka :idiot: of Croatia before losing to Dundee. We netted £85k per round appearance and another £470k for appearing the competition and with gate receipts we have just short of £700k in the bank. 

At the back end of last season, top goal scorer Mitchell George was annoyed by not being played as a poacher, I couldn't sort his problem so he was sold to Barnet for nothing but they gave me the opportunity to loan him back for the season with no wage expenditure. Another six new players joined, arriving from Sheff Utd, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Farsley, Hemel Hempsted and Morecombe. We really kept the wages down again this season so far, spending just £3.3k p/w of a £5.4k budget. 

We're 7th at the moment in the league but we've only played one league game compated to others having had played 3 games. We've just convinced the board to improve the junior coaching, which is now up to Good. 

3 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

We're 7th at the moment in the league but we've only played one league game compated to others having had played 3 games. We've just convinced the board to improve the junior coaching, which is now up to Good. 

We've reached the end of the 2022 World Cup where France beat Argentina in the final. 

For Barry though, we're in dreamland, top of the JD Premier but only by 2 points to TNS, who have a far superior GD to us. We're 13 points ahead of 3rd placed Cardiff Met Uni. Dewain Sewell is top scorer with 15 goals playing in a combination of either RW or ST. On the other wing, Ellis Hudson who is on an amatuer contract is tearing up the left hand side with six goals and 12 assists. We also have a number of players who have contributed well so far; George (8 goals), MacFarlane (last seasons top intake newgen) with six goals and four assists as a 16 year old. 

We've had our intake preview and we're expecting a golden generation, maybe the junior coaching upgrade can bare fruit for us in the incoming intakes. Finances are fine still, we have £570k in the bank still. 

It will be interesting if we can hold TNS off or how long for. 

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

We've reached the end of the 2022 World Cup where France beat Argentina in the final. 

For Barry though, we're in dreamland, top of the JD Premier but only by 2 points to TNS, who have a far superior GD to us. We're 13 points ahead of 3rd placed Cardiff Met Uni. Dewain Sewell is top scorer with 15 goals playing in a combination of either RW or ST. On the other wing, Ellis Hudson who is on an amatuer contract is tearing up the left hand side with six goals and 12 assists. We also have a number of players who have contributed well so far; George (8 goals), MacFarlane (last seasons top intake newgen) with six goals and four assists as a 16 year old. 

We've had our intake preview and we're expecting a golden generation, maybe the junior coaching upgrade can bare fruit for us in the incoming intakes. Finances are fine still, we have £570k in the bank still. 

I am sure you can hold TNS off til the end of the season :D 

2 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Well, with two games left before the split, we'd won 12 games on the bounce then lost to then 11th placed Undy. :herman: meaning a four points gap we had created was down to just the solitary point. 

We luckily beat Newtown 4-3 in the first game of the split then lost to Cardiff Met, meaning TNS jumped above us but we then beat them, which meant we jumped back to 1st. We then shot ourselves in the foot again, drawing 1-1 with Connah's Quay. Three wins followed, against Newtown, Haverfordwest and Cardiff Met. We bowed out of the Welsh Cup against TNS in the pre-cursor to the league game against them which was next. We managed to beat them again, we were one point ahead of them. We then imploded, a sending off after just 7 minutes for us against Connah's Quay saw us fall to a 2-0 defeat, we could still mathematically won the league going into the last game of the season but we lost to Haverfordwest in the last game of the season. 

Dewain Sewell notched 25 goals and made eight assists in his debut season for us whilst he was ably backed up by Ellis Hudson (11 goals and 15 assists) and MacFarlane (newgen) with 11 goals as a shadow striker. Full backs Jake Kelly (formerly Sheff Utd) made eight assists and Kai Sanders (Watford) made nine assists. Areas of concern are now central midfield, we need two new first choice players there and we also need to improve at RW. Whilst not setting the side alight, young centre back Stefan Bajcetic (signed from Liverpool) really improved and should have a good season next time out. 

We lost money through the season after the Conference League windfall(s). The Youth Setup is roughly costing us £14k per month but if we can continue to enter European competition we should be fine. The board have set us budgets of £118k to spend which is highly unlikely we'll spend a penny of that and they have increased the wage budget to £6k per week. 

32 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Well, with two games left before the split, we'd won 12 games on the bounce then lost to then 11th placed Undy. :herman: meaning a four points gap we had created was down to just the solitary point. 

We luckily beat Newtown 4-3 in the first game of the split then lost to Cardiff Met, meaning TNS jumped above us but we then beat them, which meant we jumped back to 1st. We then shot ourselves in the foot again, drawing 1-1 with Connah's Quay. Three wins followed, against Newtown, Haverfordwest and Cardiff Met. We bowed out of the Welsh Cup against TNS in the pre-cursor to the league game against them which was next. We managed to beat them again, we were one point ahead of them. We then imploded, a sending off after just 7 minutes for us against Connah's Quay saw us fall to a 2-0 defeat, we could still mathematically won the league going into the last game of the season but we lost to Haverfordwest in the last game of the season. 

Dewain Sewell notched 25 goals and made eight assists in his debut season for us whilst he was ably backed up by Ellis Hudson (11 goals and 15 assists) and MacFarlane (newgen) with 11 goals as a shadow striker. Full backs Jake Kelly (formerly Sheff Utd) made eight assists and Kai Sanders (Watford) made nine assists. Areas of concern are now central midfield, we need two new first choice players there and we also need to improve at RW. Whilst not setting the side alight, young centre back Stefan Bajcetic (signed from Liverpool) really improved and should have a good season next time out. 

We lost money through the season after the Conference League windfall(s). The Youth Setup is roughly costing us £14k per month but if we can continue to enter European competition we should be fine. The board have set us budgets of £118k to spend which is highly unlikely we'll spend a penny of that and they have increased the wage budget to £6k per week. 

What has happened :( 

26 minutes ago, john1 said:

What has happened :( 

We just fell apart, the sending off coupled with inexperience was a disaster :(

Now scouring the Premier League youth teams for players that are due to be released, picked up a couple of players already. 

1 minute ago, ToMexico!! said:

We just fell apart, the sending off coupled with inexperience was a disaster :(

Now scouring the Premier League youth teams for players that are due to be released, picked up a couple of players already. 

Give this a read, I found alot of hidden gem through that.

2 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

A huge turnover of players this summer with six players leaving all on free's including our right back Kane Patterson joining Clyde and last season's top scorer Dewain Sewell joining League Two's Crawley but we do have a 35% profit clause with his deal. 11 players have joined the club mostly on free transfers but with one loan deal and one player for a fee. 

Welsh national Iwan Roberts signed from Liverpool as back up striker and another Welshman Mathaeus Roberts joined as a midfield option from Arsenal as Premier League rejects; Kai Redgrave joined from Colchester as a new right winger, whilst we raided Haverfordwest for a 15 year old GK who will be 2nd choice and raided Bala Town for their newgen striker. Man Utd's Charlie Savage joined after he was released to be first choice CM, we then signed Niall Mason from TNS, the former Peterborough defender wanted more game time, we paid £6k for him. Ben Hockenhull was released by Brentford in the summer and he agreed terms to be our new first choice CB for the season. We then loaned another Welsh player in Joel Green from Newcastle to be back up for left back. 

Stefan Bajcetic is a wanted man and Fulham trialled him for a week. Sheff Utd then to make us an offer which was accepted, that included a friendly and 40% profit, only for him to reject their contract offer. They are still interested along with Colchester and West Brom. 

I'm still looking to sign another CM and ST, whether permenently or on loan. 

We did well in Europe again, we beat Estonian side Tulevik 4-1 over two legs to played Hungarian side Fehevar in the 2nd Qualifying Round. We lost the first leg 3-1 but made a tie of it drawing the 2nd leg 2-2. We gained 2 x £85k plus £300k for participation in the Conference League. So finances are just short of £1m at the moment. 

A fantastic third season in Wales as we toppled the TNS domination to take our first JD Premier title by three points to 2nd placed TNS. We lost just once which was the 3rd last game of the season against Bala, we dropped points in just six other games. 

We made it a domestic double by winning the Nathaniel MG Cup, beating Ton Petre, Trefelin, Flint Town, Aberystwyth and then TNS in the final. We could have made it a famous treble but we lost the Welsh Cup final to Bala on penalties. 

Newgen Rhys Roberts who was signed from Bala scored 40 goals in 45 games whilst MacFarlane scored 16 as the shadow striker and Halliday (RW, 15 goals) and Mason (RB, 11 goals) also hit double figures. Charlie Savage made 14 assists from central midfield as did Ellis Hudson from LW, MacFarlane and Halliday made double figures for assists. 

The youth intake was dubbed as another golden generation but it wasn't great, depending on financial income from Europe next season another upgrade will be due there. We currently have £660k in the bank and been given £278k to spend on new players and the wage budget has been increased slightly to £6.8k p/w. 

On 29/01/2022 at 02:28, Jason the Yank said:

Our star acquisition Andrea Mattioli (signed on a free after washing out of Sassuolo) bagged 21 goals over all competitions and decided he was now too big for us. So we accommodated his request to leave, and sold him to a club in the Chinese First Division for $36,000, which was a tick higher than his valuation.

Things starting to go sideways as we begin pre-season.

We held the incoming team meeting and I told the team I was expecting a top-two finish. They responded that that was way too much to expect. Even though it's what the board is demanding. Unfortunately, there's no option in the responses to foist blame off to the board. So morale took a hit there.

Then our goalkeeper and captain (who is closing in on 100 caps for Hong Kong) was looking down so I set a meeting with him where he said he wasn't happy that we sold Mattioli. I tried to explain that it was Mattioli who wanted a bigger challenge. Well the goalkeeper didn't accept that and is furious at me for the sale and complaining to his teammates about it.

Just what we need to begin our title defense.

18 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

A fantastic third season in Wales as we toppled the TNS domination to take our first JD Premier title by three points to 2nd placed TNS. We lost just once which was the 3rd last game of the season against Bala, we dropped points in just six other games. 

We made it a domestic double by winning the Nathaniel MG Cup, beating Ton Petre, Trefelin, Flint Town, Aberystwyth and then TNS in the final. We could have made it a famous treble but we lost the Welsh Cup final to Bala on penalties. 

Newgen Rhys Roberts who was signed from Bala scored 40 goals in 45 games whilst MacFarlane scored 16 as the shadow striker and Halliday (RW, 15 goals) and Mason (RB, 11 goals) also hit double figures. Charlie Savage made 14 assists from central midfield as did Ellis Hudson from LW, MacFarlane and Halliday made double figures for assists. 

The youth intake was dubbed as another golden generation but it wasn't great, depending on financial income from Europe next season another upgrade will be due there. We currently have £660k in the bank and been given £278k to spend on new players and the wage budget has been increased slightly to £6.8k p/w. 

Started another new save instead, in Spain, with Racing Santander. Similarily to my Norfolk save, I can only sign players from the Cantabria that region in which Santander lies. Santander start with a pretty decent squad but few players from the region but they do have this guy, Pablo Torre, who I will build a squad around. The club is losing money hand over fist and we're £5k over a weeky wage budget of £87k p/w. They have a net debt of £12m which is being repaid at £100k per month. 

They start life in the Spanish 3rd tier, alongside Deportivo Coruna. We're expected to finish 3rd which would mean a play-off place. We've played four games so far and are unbeaten and we sit in 6th place but the players are adapting to playing a more attacking formation. 

Having entered circa 25 locations into the search function for players we are left with 120 players from the region who are within our scouting constraints, if I remove those restraints that is increased to 221 players including Sergio Canales and Adrian Corral.