Starting a save in the future

Is there a way to start a save in, say, 2030? I'm interested in beginning when most real players are gone. That way, I start with no preconceived notions about ability and best positions. Also, I would like to do so with the editor disabled, so I'm not tempted to look at CA/PA/personality.

Is the best way to start a save in 2020 for the team I want to manage, but make myself unfirable and go on holiday for 10 years, then disable the editor?

Just start with a "fake" manager call him/her whatever then holiday until that date.

Add yourself

Resign the fake one

to make it go quicker you could use just 1 league then add the rest after the 10 year holiday

To be honest though you might as well start in a league you know nothing about, its kind of the same thing

You can create some XYZ manager, start with him as unemployed, set him on holiday for 10 years or how long you wish, than when game reach desired date go to "add another manager" and add yourself, retire him and that's it.

Obviously you can just holiday 10 seasons, but that's annoying. Here is a suggestion if you want to make things a bit less boring until you reach the 2030 point you're going for - Play as a National manager. You'll only have 5 to 10 games a year and you can holiday in between the matches. It will take a bit longer, but you can have some fun playing some World Cups. When you reach your desired year, make a savepoint and go from there. 

Or maybe you can ask someone who is already in a long-term save to give you the file. It can add quite the interesting element to your future save. And finally you can just start a new game with fake players right off the bat. 

4 hours ago, Colorado said:

Isn't there a use fake players option when creating a game?

You're right, I hadn't noticed that option before. It's weird starting a save with no Mbappe. But at least this time I won't go completely forget that Phil Foden is a real player and not a regen. Covid+FM20 did weird things to my brain.

6 hours ago, Colorado said:

Isn't there a use fake players option when creating a game?

That only creates players with a different name and nationality, but same stats as real players.

The only true, true fake players option is using an Editor Data file that removes all people from the database.

On 09/09/2020 at 03:27, llDracoll said:

That only creates players with a different name and nationality, but same stats as real players.

The only true, true fake players option is using an Editor Data file that removes all people from the database.

Be aware though, I've never found that to work very well.  The balance always seems off with players and the way they're generated into clubs.  It's still a solution, just not a perfect one.

I always do this because i have no interest in players of today.

Just add a xxx manager, choose a team far down in the leauge system, then retire, press continue and go to bed and school or job the day after.
Remember to put the "continue game timeout" to instant.

Edited by Solstad1069