FM20 on Epic Store Megathread - Post your Questions/Answers here!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, enterprise1 said:

Is there actually any benefit for me to swap to this version?

If you're happy with playing it on Steam, not really. It's pretty much a preference and availability thing (meaning you don't have to use Steam now if you don't want to).

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

If you're happy with playing it on Steam, not really. It's pretty much a preference and availability thing (meaning you don't have to use Steam now if you don't want to).

Ok, thanks mate. My step-son has recently got a laptop and plays Fortnite. Maybe it's time to introduce him to FM!

Has anyone tried launching the game offline? It doesn't work for me at all. One of two things happen:

-The Epic Launcher doesn't even load offline mode correctly, and I'm stuck waiting forever

-Error code AS- and it asks me to sign in (even when I'm already signed into offline mode)

Can't even circumvent these arbitrary restrictions by directly running the fm.exe, because that would just bring up the Epic Launcher again. Was this intentional, or are the devs working on a fix?

How can I change the data folder location of the Epic version? I know with steam I can use launch options to do that with 

--user_data_location="path" 

But how can I do it with Epic? I can't play the game without this because the default location it's on a disk that's completely full

Edited by tbk22

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tbk22 said:

How can I change the data folder location of the Epic version? I know with steam I can use launch options to do that with 

--user_data_location="path" 

But how can I do it with Epic? I can't play the game without this because the default location it's on a disk that's completely full

This option is not available I'm afraid. 

Hello there!

I just got the Football Manager 2020 for free via epic (yay!) and bought the in-game editor as an addon. When I first ran the game, the store in-game showed that I owned the in-game editor.
Then I had to re-install the game and then the in-game editor wasn't available anymore. If I click on "download" in the main menu, the menu opens, processess and the button says "buy now".

In the epic manager it is still shown that i bought and own the in-game editor (says "owned") - however in Football Manager 2020 itself it shows as i have still to buy it to use it (says "buy now").
I'd like to use the in-game editor again without buying it a second time.

Kind regards

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, mellowfellow123 said:

Hello there!

I just got the Football Manager 2020 for free via epic (yay!) and bought the in-game editor as an addon. When I first ran the game, the store in-game showed that I owned the in-game editor.
Then I had to re-install the game and then the in-game editor wasn't available anymore. If I click on "download" in the main menu, the menu opens, processess and the button says "buy now".

In the epic manager it is still shown that i bought and own the in-game editor (says "owned") - however in Football Manager 2020 itself it shows as i have still to buy it to use it (says "buy now").
I'd like to use the in-game editor again without buying it a second time.

Kind regards

Just to clarify are you on Mac or PC? Were are aware of some issues with the IGE being identified in-game and it's something we're looking to address as soon as we can. However unfortunately the IGE isn't compatible with Mac on Epic, so shouldn't have been available to purchase. 

If you are on Mac you can contact Epic directly for a refund via the Contact Us option within their help section - https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, lembergman said:

The guys from the forum fmfan.ru write that everything worked out. Your information is not correct.

Pr3aGB0lpN8.thumb.jpg.ccb95092adce048b1a10bd30c8adc5bd.jpg

Whilst this option is available in the backend, it's not something we're officially supporting. 

Thanks. 

Amazing that you in the year 2020 can create an online experience that is so ******. Spend the whole evening trying to get multiplayer up an running... numorous rejects on joining, then finally get it running just to have the game freeze on the first highlight. Reload game. Unable now to rejoin. Wow... really bad experience.

Hey @Neil Brock!

I'm having the same problem as others in this topic:
"A network connection required in order to play Football manager online.Please ensure that you are connected to the internet and that epic is online before".

Me and my friends tried to start an online save, but the ones using macOS aren't able to connect to the internet.
The others after a few tries managed to have a link popping on their browsers asking to allow FM in Epic Games.

Any solution where mac users are able to access this link?

Hey i have an issue with importing schedules for training, i already have a training schedule on the schedule folder, it worked fine on steam, but in the EGS version the option to "get more" is not available. So im not able to import those schedules. imported tactics seem to be working fine tho.

5 hours ago, Syler said:

i don't think so.  fm2020 on microsoft store is also lack of pre-game editor since first introduced back in april.

Does anyone know why the pre-game editor wasn't included with the Epic and Windows Store versions of FM20? Quite a few think of it as an important part of the game.

13 hours ago, RASHIDpt said:

Hey @Neil Brock!

I'm having the same problem as others in this topic:
"A network connection required in order to play Football manager online.Please ensure that you are connected to the internet and that epic is online before".

Me and my friends tried to start an online save, but the ones using macOS aren't able to connect to the internet.
The others after a few tries managed to have a link popping on their browsers asking to allow FM in Epic Games.

Any solution where mac users are able to access this link?

We managed to solve this!

The guys with windows logged on the accounts of the guys that use apple product and gave access to the game. 

When the Mac users logged again, it seemed to work.

Re the editor, would a solution be to allow it as a stand-alone download on either the steam store, or your website?  I’m sure it will work with the epic version of the game if people could just download it somewhere other than dlc on the steam store

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RASHIDpt said:

The guys with windows logged on the accounts of the guys that use apple product and gave access to the game. 

Thanks for this - we'll look into it, appreciate the info.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Jaff said:

Hey i have an issue with importing schedules for training, i already have a training schedule on the schedule folder, it worked fine on steam, but in the EGS version the option to "get more" is not available. So im not able to import those schedules. imported tactics seem to be working fine tho.

Thanks for raising this, it's an issue we're aware of and looking into. 

30 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for this - we'll look into it, appreciate the info.

I have the same problem on my Macbook in EpicGames, where it says I dont have internet access when I absolutely have internet access.... Seems by nr of people having the same problem (still, after the hotfix) o be a problem specifically for Mac-users!

• Administrators
Just now, marcus1 said:

I have the same problem on my Macbook in EpicGames, where it says I dont have internet access when I absolutely have internet access.... Seems by nr of people having the same problem (still, after the hotfix) o be a problem specifically for Mac-users!

Yeah believe it's an issue related to permissions being granted for FM with the Mac OS and it's something we're looking into. 

3 hours ago, RASHIDpt said:

I can confirm, this worked for us also

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kelmi55 said:

I can confirm, this worked for us also

Yeah that does appear to be a successful workaround but ideally isn't something we should be asking people to do - as said we are very much looking into this. Appreciate the info though.

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the Sports Interactive folder. Yesterday I've downloaded the game on my father's PC from Epic Store, and as always, I wanted to download all the logos, faces, kits and everything for the game, but when I wanted to put everything in the folder, I've realised that the Sports Interactive folder with the Football Manager 2020 folder isn't in the Documents. I've searched the folder all over the computer and I have found 3 folders with the Football Manager 2020 name, but they aren't the ones i am searching. Can someone help me?

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, legionista27 said:

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the Sports Interactive folder. Yesterday I've downloaded the game on my father's PC from Epic Store, and as always, I wanted to download all the logos, faces, kits and everything for the game, but when I wanted to put everything in the folder, I've realised that the Sports Interactive folder with the Football Manager 2020 folder isn't in the Documents. I've searched the folder all over the computer and I have found 3 folders with the Football Manager 2020 name, but they aren't the ones i am searching. Can someone help me?

The folders are only generated the first time you launch the game - have you actually done that yet? 

3 minutes ago, Kjgeorge90 said:

What do you have to do sorry? 

The player with mac changed his epic games password temporarely. Then pc player signed in to his account, installed the game and then start the game. Then epic or FM asked if it can allow online access (click YES). then sign out from the eopic . Original mac user signs in and voila, he can join online games. Remember to protect the epic account with changing the password again.

24 minutes ago, kelmi55 said:

The player with mac changed his epic games password temporarely. Then pc player signed in to his account, installed the game and then start the game. Then epic or FM asked if it can allow online access (click YES). then sign out from the eopic . Original mac user signs in and voila, he can join online games. Remember to protect the epic account with changing the password again.

Thanks giving it ago now, but he get same issue

24 minutes ago, kelmi55 said:

17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The folders are only generated the first time you launch the game - have you actually done that yet? 

Yes, I have launched the game many times, I have uninstalled and installed it twice and the Football Manager 2020 folder still isn't in the Documents folder (I have the Sports Interactive folder in Documents because of FM16 and FM18 that I have on Steam. As I said before, when I search the FM2020 folder, 3 folders appear but they aren't the one I need. I tried to create a folder in the Sports Interactive folder in the Documents called Football Manager 2020 and put there the graphics folder, but it doesn't works.

Thanks for this, I can confirm to those struggling you can still import graphics etc into the game, the same way as on Steam, and despite there being no pre game editor you can still use downloadable databases, as I have just successfully loaded up a save using prO's latest database update (released today).