Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

The 'decision making' algorithm is very simple I think: 

1. If you always pre-order the game since you believe SI always deliver (which is the case for me and some others here as well), you may pre-order from the day 1. Be happy, wait for the Beta, and stay safe.

2. If the teaser that shows some of the features of FM21 is enough for you (which is the case for many in the social media), then you may pre-order the game as well. Be happy, wait for the Beta, and stay safe.

3. If you want to see more feature reveals to be sure, which always happen prior to the Beta release, then wait a little more as a lot more detail will be revealed in the coming weeks (Miles' tweet confirms). Again, be happy for the teaser video, and even be more happy for the game to be released despite the pandemic, which has affected every single of us in some way (SI surely have affected as well as it was discussed). So, wait for more feature reveals, be happy, and understand those comfort with the #1, and #2. And, finally, stay safe as well.

So, be happy and stay safe, everyone. :)

Edited by talhak

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about CON/SHP? In some hearts and arrows, it's step back from numeral valuves. 90% or 94% condition or sharpnes is small diffrence, but it's not the same. Some info about that? 

Edited by rsop23

23 minutes ago, rsop23 said:

What about CON/SHP? In some hearts and arrows, it's step back from numeral valuves. 90% or 94% condition or sharpnes is small diffrence, but it's not the same. Some info about that? 

I'm sure we'll get all the info we need in the coming weeks. That was just a little teaser - not meant to be in depth or have detail in it.

I suspect that we'll have to rely on the pre-match fitness test reports more, but let's wait and see. :thup:

21 minutes ago, rsop23 said:

I think this could be a good thing personally.

I've fallen into the trap of not starting players if they're below a certain fitness level (92%). A broader category might be a lot more realistic and easier to manage.

3 minutes ago, InSp1RaT0R1950 said:

perhaps those hearts are somehow more realistic than the exact number of physical readiness...

Likely the heart still represents the numbers, but you can't see them.

You now will just see the heart while the underlying number still is between 60 and 79. As you well know, there is a big difference between 60 and 79 in fitness level and production, now you won't be able to fine tune this aspect anymore, it will be just a yellow heart... Considerable downgrade from FM20.

18 hours ago, FairyTailed said:

That's just not true though. The ME is the core of entire FM. It has been terrible this year and even the post March fix wasn't the greatest and leaves much to be desired and open for frustration. If you think this is only a concern from a group of people who are never satisfied, I think you need to open your eyes a bit more. It's a continuing negative claim which has been recurring for months.

Agree- not expecting an overhaul but if the issues in this years ME aren't addressed then there's absolutely no way I'll be buying FM21.

Fingers crossed though as sure I saw  a dinked finish in the promo video, but can't say Im excited with the features so far as it all seems like fluff. Can anyone truly say they are excited about body language and enhanced media interaction........

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I think this could be a good thing personally.

I've fallen into the trap of not starting players if they're below a certain fitness level (92%). A broader category might be a lot more realistic and easier to manage.

I agree - in real life, we don't know if a player is 95% fit or 91% fit, and I think it's unrealistic for us to know fitness and sharpness to that degree of granularity in-game.

3 hours ago, Mr Figo said:

Can anybody tell me the difference between the EU addition and the UK edition that appears on the CDKeys website. i have ordered the EU addition at £25.99 - will that mean it will not work in the UK? Also, I understand that they offer BETA (which they never used to). Is that right?

The editions on CDKeys are Europe and Worldwide. Europe is the one you want.

Interesting how they say you'll get beta access, as I thought they needed to be on this list:

https://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list

Just now, Scotty Walds said:

The editions on CDKeys are Europe and Worldwide. Europe is the one you want.

Interesting how they say you'll get beta access, as I thought they needed to be on this list:

Yeah I've just flagged this to Neil to get more clarification. As it stands I wouldn't buy from anyone not on the official list if you're looking for beta access, personally

32 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yeah I've just flagged this to Neil to get more clarification. As it stands I wouldn't buy from anyone not on the official list if you're looking for beta access, personally

I emailed them and they confirmed that the BETA will be available two weeks before.

Just now, Mr Figo said:

I emailed them and they confirmed that the BETA will be available two weeks before.

There's been no confirmation yet that they are official sellers. Only those on the list are currently guaranteed beta access, or even a correct key. Anywhere else is buyer's risk, so if in doubt, pick from the link.

1 hour ago, Mr Figo said:

I'm not trying to put you off, but can only re-iterate my experience with them. I ordered, I believe it was FM18 through them. They also specifically stated they had the Beta, even confirmed to me on Facebook they had it. Turns out they didn't and couldn't supply it. I think it was the same last year for lots of people too.

I use CD Keys for pretty much every game, other than FM.

Just my experience.

1 hour ago, davehanson said:

I'm not trying to put you off, but can only re-iterate my experience with them. I ordered, I believe it was FM18 through them. They also specifically stated they had the Beta, even confirmed to me on Facebook they had it. Turns out they didn't and couldn't supply it. I think it was the same last year for lots of people too.

I use CD Keys for pretty much every game, other than FM.

Just my experience.

Yep, while it's up to people where they buy from, the only retailers currently guaranteed to give you BETA access are those on this list:

Outside of that, buyers beware. Neil is looking into CD-Keys, but until otherwise stated, they are not officially recognised. So bear that in mind, folks.

9 hours ago, KingCanary said:

This isn't a knock but I'm constantly surprised when I pop my head in here and see people referring to this forum as 'toxic' or similar. It is probably one the tamest and politest forums I've seen on the internet and often feels a touch over moderated.

Personally I don't think it's toxic in the slightest, just pointing out the hypocrisy 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yep, while it's up to people where they buy from, the only retailers currently guaranteed to give you BETA access are those on this list:

Outside of that, buyers beware. Neil is looking into CD-Keys, but until otherwise stated, they are not officially recognised. So bear that in mind, folks.

To clarify only purchases from official SEGA approved partners will be guaranteed to come with early access - if you buy from anywhere else you're doing so at your own risk. 

8 minutes ago, He can't believe he's missed it said:

Personally I don't think it's toxic in the slightest, just pointing out the hypocrisy 

That's because we put a great amount of effort into keeping it as respectful as possible, and we intend to carry on doing so, so lets get back to the game itself :thup:

3 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I agree - in real life, we don't know if a player is 95% fit or 91% fit, and I think it's unrealistic for us to know fitness and sharpness to that degree of granularity in-game.

I do agree but wouldn’t this also extend to attributes? Maybe there’s a case to make them have shorter range with the actual values behind the scenes?

9 minutes ago, DP said:

I do agree but wouldn’t this also extend to attributes? Maybe there’s a case to make them have shorter range with the actual values behind the scenes?

Will await for demo, but call me old school but I'd much prefer the % V a heart icon

hace 19 minutos, DP dijo:

Attributes already have a shorter range. Having ratings be 1 through 20 doesn't seem excessively granular, especially considering that the range covers player ability from 16 year old amateurs to world class players. 

Edited by kidd_05_u2

Hi to all,

If Devs see this please let us nutters youve seen it please. Insanity over.

Are we having a reveal this year of any of the new things being added to the FM21 Editor section?

Being able to edit prize money is a great start. (or at least a much much MUCH easier way to edit this particular thing) Whether that be premier league or a cup competition etc, league placement etc... these would make great for content on youtube.

Thanks for all. 

Mike

Edited by ajellysnake rebel
added "much easier way"

On 24/09/2020 at 18:08, Neil Brock said:

We’re delighted to reveal that Football Manager 2021 (PC/Mac) will launch on Steam and the Epic Games Store on November 24th. Fans who pre-order FM21 from a participating digital retailer* will receive a 10% discount and access to the pre-release Early Access version of the game, which will be available approximately two weeks before full release. As in previous years, those who buy the game through Steam (and now Epic Games) will also receive Football Manager 2021 Touch (PC/Mac) for free.

Football Manager also returns to Xbox for the first time since 2007 with Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition. The game has been tailored for the best console experience and can also be played on any Windows 10 PC thanks to Microsoft’s Play Anywhere technology. 

Full release details for Football Manager 2021 Touch (iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2021 Mobile (iOS and Android) are coming soon, while Football Manager 2021 Touch for Nintendo Switch is expected to complete the line-up in December. 

Check back here for the latest news and follow our social media channels for further updates and feature information for all platforms. 

* Early Access is available from SEGA approved digital retailers only. Please check to see if the store you’re purchasing from is participating in the offer. 

Can you confirm that its not on the PlayStation 5 due to Sony not responding and not sending a PS5 Dev Kit?

hace 48 minutos, DP dijo:

Other sport sims like OOTP let's you decide the scale you want to use, 1-5 1-10, 10-20, 1-100, etc.

So you can choose the amount of "fog of war" you want.

I'd love and it's an easy change to do, just display, as internally the game still will use current values.

8 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

iirc Miles said on Twitter last year that >90% of the playerbase still plays in 3D. 

This used to urk me back when i used to care more about the game. The 3d ME is still arguably Si's biggest addition to the game but has been around now for years yet there where murmurs back then for them to keep on improving it but atleast back then "it was a good start". But we had people like this chiming in saying most dont play in 3d so its a waste of time to improve it, move a few years on and look at the histeria regarding the ME now days yet they still try to claim this noncence. Its EXACTLY the same when people ask for better match sounds/atmosphere. Most claim they play with sound off so it would be a waste of time but as we see even more now with covid around and empty stadiums its clear how much we miss the atmospheres inside stadiums on match day yet for some reason people shoot down imo a very logical suggestion and for sure by now in 2020 theres no excuse to completetly ignore that area. But its fine we rather see some new hearts added than have a stadium atmosphere that gets the heart pumping before a big game......

Edit.

Also think Si missed a trick here i mean what a selling point it could have been this year especially to state FM is bringing back the fans to the grounds!

Edited by stoned_assasin

2 hours ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

Attributes already have a shorter range. Having ratings be 1 through 20 doesn't seem excessively granular, especially considering that the range covers player ability from 16 year old amateurs to world class players. 

Attributs are in 1-200 

On 13/10/2020 at 19:19, davehanson said:

Can you tell me any other time when FM was given away free, either for a prolonged period of time or permanently? Do you think this has anything to do with the record numbers? Covid may also have had quite a significant impact here too with most of us forced indoors for months on end. Numbers don't make a game or anything great. 

I am not saying FM isn't popular - of course it is, most of us love the series. This ME is terrible for me and other users. What you think is your own thoughts - what we think is up to us.

Would like to think the ME is having a major overhaul in the background, but I doubt that's the case. They'll just bolt more things onto it, and thus it gets worse and worse.

13 minutes ago, PotKettleBlack said:

Would like to think the ME is having a major overhaul in the background, but I doubt that's the case. They'll just bolt more things onto it, and thus it gets worse and worse.

Or don't talk about things that you don't know about.

SI ME is one of the most advance out there when it comes to replicating realistic football. It's not perfect and after making a dramatic shift their has been problems but nothing game breaking or nothing that you can't get your desired playstyle. 

As Xbox has a universal devkit it will be better graphics, processing, etc, or it will be 100% the same version as PC edition?

upd - Will be pregame editor for Xbox version?

Edited by Novem9

18 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I was horrified at first when I saw that image, but after considering it for a couple of days, I totally agree. In the real world its never that absolute. 

4 hours ago, davehanson said:

That is when people talk about this forum being toxic. The moment anyone says anything even remotely negative about the game someone else jumps down their throat. Why is it so hard to understand that people will have different opinions to you?

Yes SI does have the best ME for a football management sim. No doubt about that at all. However, just because something is the best doesnt mean everyone is going to like it or get on with it does it? For me this year the ME is broken, that is MY opinion. Can I win? Yes. Can I play the game with the desired formation and way I want to play, no I cant. I have to play the way the game wants me to play and for me that isnt fun.

TBF this isn't what we talk about when we say toxic. Its not one particular party. Neither Amarante or Potkettleblack can credibly make the sweeping comments they do (though I don't think there's malice involved in either statement), and yet they do and people get backs up and here we are, again

People just need to dial down the rhetoric, and hyperbole a bit I feel, 

In the words of NoContextHearn: everybody, just relax

13 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

I was horrified at first when I saw that image, but after considering it for a couple of days, I totally agree. In the real world its never that absolute. 

Could add some sort of physio/player/manager interaction before a game, asking for advice on whether the players starts, goes on the bench, doesn't play, etc.

3 hours ago, davehanson said:

That is when people talk about this forum being toxic. The moment anyone says anything even remotely negative about the game someone else jumps down their throat. Why is it so hard to understand that people will have different opinions to you?

Fair enough, the first sentence you replied to was unnecessary but we're all here because we all want the game we love to be the best it can. I don't think @Amarantehad any bad intentions. 

It's easy to forget behind every text and profile there's a human being living life as confused as oneself about this thing we call consciousness. Actually, that's false, we already have bots that create text and AI is only gonna improve, but on the brighter side what can @SI do with a more advanced AI in the future?

In the meantime, good morning to you all from London, I can't wait to play FM21 - the only feature I hope they added is the overloading/overlapping CB's so along with xG my tactical self will be completely satisfied, for now. 

Be safe and alive! ♥️

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

TBF this isn't what we talk about when we say toxic. Its not one particular party. Neither Amarante or Potkettleblack can credibly make the sweeping comments they do (though I don't think there's malice involved in either statement), and yet they do and people get backs up and here we are, again

People just need to dial down the rhetoric, and hyperbole a bit I feel, 

In the words of NoContextHearn: everybody, just relax

Yeah, okay point taken, toxic was perhaps a strong word. But there is no need to tell someone to shut up just because their views differ from your own. 

I guess my poi t was that people shouldnt be afraid or made to feel bad when they voice an opinion that someone else doesnt agree with, as long as it is done in a fair and respectful manner.

Edited by davehanson

1 час назад, rafaelbenitez сказал:

It's going to be a unique version based on FM Touch.

Ouch! It's official? I hoped it will be full FM. Or even better in technical case because there are no limits in customers on low-perfomance laptops

Edited by Novem9

20 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Yeah, okay point taken, toxic was perhaps a strong word. But there is no need to tell someone to shut up just because their views differ from your own. 

I guess my poi t was that people shouldnt be afraid or made to feel bad when they voice an opinion that someone else doesnt agree with, as long as it is done in a fair and respectful manner.

Oh absolutely, that second paragraph is exactly what we want. 

I think it'd be great if the hearts were the result of a "fitness masking" setting, similar to the "attribute masking" setting, that you can choose to turn on or off when setting up the game. If you set it to 'off', fitness will still be displayed in percentages as in previous versions, or alternatively, if you set it to 'on', fitness will be displayed in a range of coloured hearts. That way everyone is happy. Having hearts represent a range of fitness level (e.g. 90 - 100%) also might make the game more challenging to those who feel it's too easy at the moment and add more realism to those that feel percentages don't accurately reflect the way fitness is measured in real life.