The experience with the international management in FM20

A very comprehensive and thought provoking post.

They best thing I found about managing club and international at the same time was, if you give a player a cap for the first time, he instantly like you. Which makes it much easier to sign him for your club. :thup:

Good points in the original post. Easily one of the most frustrating aspects of Football Manager for me is how little the developers have done with the international side. From what I've read elsewhere on these forums, it seems that part of the game has actually gone backwards over the past several years.

Personally, the perceived drama of which country players will play for, if they have that choice, doesn't do much for me and, in many cases, is unrealistic. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like top players in FM base their decision more on which national team is better when, in real life, much more goes into it than that.

Scouting definitely needs work. Also, in many cases, it makes little sense which players I have full knowledge of and which I do not at any given time.

Otherwise, I want a more club-like experience as far as training and interactions with players and others go. Yes, I expect to not do much between international windows, but I would like my workload to be much more intensive during those periods than they currently are. Particularly for big events. Playing in a World Cup or similar competition for weeks, possibly having your team for a month and a half, and not be able to have any control over their training whatsoever is frustrating.

If the developers would put more into the international side of FM, I would absolutely be playing this game significantly more than I do.

100%

The funny thing is, International Management is what got me into Football Manager in the first place.

I had fun playing FIFA World Cup but I wanted something much deeper. I ran into Football Manager 2012. Fun times with that game but international management have not changed since and you can even say it has regressed!

Excellent write up - no question international management lacks the polish of the rest of the game.  Certainly would love to be able to have a Data Analyst - I really miss not having that report before a match.

How is the fitness these days? Haven't played Internationally this edition but I remember in past having problems where you'd have 2 games close together and all your key players would be too exhausted for the 2nd one.

14 minutes ago, Cal585 said:

How is the fitness these days? Haven't played Internationally this edition but I remember in past having problems where you'd have 2 games close together and all your key players would be too exhausted for the 2nd one.

The fitness was not the issue during the one calendar I played with Mexico including the World Cup final appearance. Three or four players usually went to the match with 85-85% condition but with 98-100% match sharpness so it was alright in my eyes.

Only one player who played most of the matches had it vice versa. Not sure why but he had 75% of match sharpness for the whole tournament despite he played in the starting XI every three days.

But overall, the fitness issue was fixed in my eyes, at least from this my own experience. Maybe someone has a different one.

Hi mate!As for the title of your  topic the only answer is "the same like 6-7 last years".Believe it or not THEY HAVEN'T CHANGE NOTHING in International management for (at least) 5-6 years now,they just DON'T CARE although many guys here made some excellent suggestions for every version of fm.Your topic is great and very detailed. Υοu should raise it here too https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/.:thup:

The staff responsibility thing happens across the entire game if you sack the coach that was delegated a responsibility, it moves to the next best option.  If you get rid of lots of people, an obscure staff member can end up controlling loads of stuff.

I had a fitness coach running every part of my U18 and U23 teams for about a year at one point before I realised!

I've just taken on an international job.  My first thought it, why do I have coaches when I don't have a training page?