PLAYER HOLDING GRUDGES

last year, i negotiated a 110million fee for insigne, he got upset and made me promise i wont try to sell him. up till this year he is still upset and doesnt want to renew his contract. he has one year left on his contracted and he is a very wanted player. i really want to keep him but i want to avoid him going out for free when he has 6 months left on his contract. and i dont want to break my promise of not selling him. what should i do. it is urgent please, how can i make him renew his contract

27 minutes ago, fiyin folajimi said:

last year, i negotiated a 110million fee for insigne, he got upset and made me promise i wont try to sell him. up till this year he is still upset and doesnt want to renew his contract. he has one year left on his contracted and he is a very wanted player. i really want to keep him but i want to avoid him going out for free when he has 6 months left on his contract. and i dont want to break my promise of not selling him. what should i do. it is urgent please, how can i make him renew his contract

If he isn't interested in signing then sell him and screw the promise

I have a feeling you can earn him if he doesn’t renew his contract you’ll sell him/transfer list him.

I can’t remember if I did that on someone who had a promise not to be sold or not though. 

How long is left on the promise?

Edited by gunner86

What is the timeline?

Start of player being annoyed --> 6 month window opens up

If he's been effed off for over an entire calendar year, it's time to sell. If it's been 1/2 season, make sure he plays all the time, take any opportunity to say nice things to him, but if you get to the start of Nov and he's not willing to sign you have to sell him.

Also as mentioned above - what exactly was the scenario? Did a club make an unsolicited offer to you and were able to counter and get 110m? You accepted the offer and then the player rejected the move?

12 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I have a feeling you can earn him if he doesn’t renew his contract you’ll sell him/transfer list him.

I can’t remember if I did that on someone who had a promise not to be sold or not though. 

How long is left on the promise?

i promised him last season, he is not willing to renew his contract. I don't know how long the promise is for

11 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

What is the timeline?

Start of player being annoyed --> 6 month window opens up

If he's been effed off for over an entire calendar year, it's time to sell. If it's been 1/2 season, make sure he plays all the time, take any opportunity to say nice things to him, but if you get to the start of Nov and he's not willing to sign you have to sell him.

Also as mentioned above - what exactly was the scenario? Did a club make an unsolicited offer to you and were able to counter and get 110m? You accepted the offer and then the player rejected the move?

yes . that is exactly what happened. 

no one wants him because of his high salary demands

he is not willing to move to the clubs that made a bid for him

9 hours ago, fiyin folajimi said:

yes . that is exactly what happened. 

no one wants him because of his high salary demands

he is not willing to move to the clubs that made a bid for him

Ugh, that's a tough nut to crack then. I guess just check the player's info tab on their profile and watch for him to change to being less p'd off and also if he has any players on your team he thinks highly of, maybe getting them to put in a good word?

Losing a guy worth 100m on a free would definitely be ungood, so hopefully his happiness improves and he'll sign a new deal!

On 06/10/2020 at 12:03, fiyin folajimi said:

i promised him last season, he is not willing to renew his contract. I don't know how long the promise is for

Have a look in your promises section it should be there. It’s normally 2 or 3 windows