[FM21] Teams to manage

steevo55

I’m starting with Fiorentina. Gone under the radar in the last years but they’re a really classic team with legends such as Gabriel Batistuta. Starting with £10m in the bank and the board are expecting a top half finish in the league, perfect imo. Decent squad but it needs rebuilding and replacing Chiesa will not be easy. 

Looking forward to it as I didn’t manage a Serie A team in FM20.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the beta as Manchester United. First thing I did was sack Phelan & Carrick. I replaced Phelan with the one person that every Manchester United fan wants to see return to the club irl. A chap called Roy Keane. He should be fun in the dressing room dealing with the egos. I sacked Carrick because I cant understand what his function at the club is. I've watched him irl and he rarely moves from the bench or speaks to anyone else on it. I just dont get it. It will be fun trying to get rid of the overpaid dead wood as well. I dont think theres much chance of winning the title this season but thats the long term aim.

Borussia Dortmund : Haaland, Sancho, Brandt, Reyna, Bellingham, Moukoko... Surely the first save on the beta.

FWIW Moukoko is not on the beta -- he should be in the full version as he turns 16 in the next week or so. I likely will play Barca on the beta or potentially a big money English side to get a feel for the new ME. Likely will play in Germany or France for my real save, my full candidate list below:

barca - my club, so always on the list. lots of finances to sort out. can build around fati/fdj/pedri
athletic club - youth development challenge
real oviedo - segunda divison
deportivo/racing - fallen giants in the mess that is the segunda division b

Germany: Lack of registration rules can make these really great

bayer leverkusen - my favorite ever save from FM18. Consolidate as a perennial champions league side / start to own the league.
borussia dortmund - wonderkids everywhere. as mentioned above, Moukoko isn't in the beta, but should be in the full release
st pauli - german 2nd division, great punk rock songs to play when you score / start a match

England
leeds united - el loco
nottingham forest - championship, fallen giant
brentford -- championship! analytics!

france: More registration rules than Germany, but most African countries don't count towards your EU slots

le havre -- ligue 2, good youth
rennes
lille
marseille
lyon

smaller league, youth focused
ajax
dinamo zagreb
maccabai tel aviv
malmo
midjtiyland

Edited by Pass and Move

12 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

How many of you are starting your first long term save? 

I'm not sure about whether to start a long term save or just a beta save. 

I'll wait for the official release that is, the full game since there will be many corrections across the board. For example, database changes.

14 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

How many of you are starting your first long term save? 

I'm not sure about whether to start a long term save or just a beta save. 

I started mine. I did last year as well and it was the best save that I came back to. 

15 hours ago, Pass and Move said:

FWIW Moukoko is not on the beta -- he should be in the full version as he turns 16 in the next week or so. I likely will play Barca on the beta or potentially a big money English side to get a feel for the new ME. Likely will play in Germany or France for my real save, my full candidate list below:

barca - my club, so always on the list. lots of finances to sort out. can build around fati/fdj/pedri

bayer leverkusen - my favorite ever save from FM18. Consolidate as a perennial champions league side / start to own the league.
borussia dortmund - wonderkids everywhere. as mentioned above, Moukoko isn't in the beta, but should be in the full release
st pauli - german 2nd division, great punk rock songs to play when you score / start a match

England
leeds united - el loco

france: More registration rules than Germany, but most African countries don't count towards your EU slots

rennes
lille
marseille
lyon

ajax
dinamo zagreb
maccabai tel aviv
malmo
midjtiyland

How good is Pedri in game? i feel that he should be around top three prospects in the world, is that reflected in FM 21?

Adding another voice for the Real Sociedad suggestion. Not only do you get to manage the magical David Silva, but there are some very good players throughout the team. With competent management and shrewd transfers, there's no reason that you couldn't break into the top four in the first season. There are a couple of wonderkids in the squad (Alexander Isak and Ander Barrenentxea) along with Mikel Oyarzabal, and the rejuvenated Adnan Januzal and Mikel Merino. The experience of Nacho Monreal, Asier Illarramendi, David Silva, and Willian Jose will be useful too. 

The team could probably do with a new goalkeeper and a defender or two. You have £11m to spend at the start, so maybe a new permanent signing and a loan might do the trick. 

The club's facilities are in good shape, and there is a very promising attacking midfielder coming through the ranks called Robert Navarro. With David Silva around to help mentor him, he could become a superb player. 

3 hours ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Adding another voice for the Real Sociedad suggestion. Not only do you get to manage the magical David Silva, but there are some very good players throughout the team. With competent management and shrewd transfers, there's no reason that you couldn't break into the top four in the first season. There are a couple of wonderkids in the squad (Alexander Isak and Ander Barrenentxea) along with Mikel Oyarzabal, and the rejuvenated Adnan Januzal and Mikel Merino. The experience of Nacho Monreal, Asier Illarramendi, David Silva, and Willian Jose will be useful too. 

The team could probably do with a new goalkeeper and a defender or two. You have £11m to spend at the start, so maybe a new permanent signing and a loan might do the trick. 

The club's facilities are in good shape, and there is a very promising attacking midfielder coming through the ranks called Robert Navarro. With David Silva around to help mentor him, he could become a superb player. 

An Athletic Club-style Real Sociedad save, only signing Basque players, would be fun. They have an excellent squad. 

Maybe to early to ask, but looking for lower league smaller team that could have 1-2 young lads who could be built around and progress to the top of their nation league. Would prefer top nations but others are also welcome.

On 12/11/2020 at 05:50, TheVerySpecialOne said:

I'll wait for the official release that is, the full game since there will be many corrections across the board. For example, database changes.

On 12/11/2020 at 09:47, evilpimp972 said:

I would have but the database is not finished yet (alphonso davies will get a boost apparently)

Good to know, as I was a little worried at Davies' attributes currently, thanks.

I'm raring to start with Borussia Monchengladbach. Nothing too special, just a brand in the German Football that I like. They have a decent squad and play in the CL, but of course there's a lot to do if I want to challenge the giants. Will wait for the release though, because I need to make a few cosmetic changes with the editor first.

A fallen giant(-ish) challenge is Vitória de Setúbal in Portugal. They've won the Portuguese Cup and the Portuguese League Cup three times each. They've spent the last 16 seasons as a decent mid-table side of the 1st division but now got relegated to the third tier this season after failing professional registration. This is actually my first save on FM21.

I don't know a lot of bulgarian football in real life so I imagine so people can explain this better but CSKA Sofia got relegated to the amateur leagues after getting into a big debt. The president left the club to start anew under Litex's place on the first division with a new name (PFC CSKA Sofia) and zero debts. This created an internal crisis that led to the creation of another CSKA Sofia successor, the CSKA 1948 Sofia. CSKA 1948 started from the fourth division and now got to the first division for the first time. So we have both PFC CSKA Sofia and FC CSKA 1948 Sofia playing in the first division. I think it can be a fun challenge to be the best CSKA of Sofia lol

On 02/11/2020 at 17:04, DominicForza said:

Dynamo Dresden or Kaiserslautern in Bundesliga 3 would be good saves as would Bursaspor in Turkish 2nd division.  

I  but still say THE MOST correct answer to this question is - Palermo

I’m doing one with Dresden. Having lots of fun with them. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Got a save with my club going, but looking for a distraction save thats less effort.

Ideally a big top 5 league club who are needing rebuilt as they have an ageing squad.

Inter? Conte seems to be building a squad of players who are past it.

Handanovic, Kolarov, Ranocchia, D'Amrosini, Darmian, Perisic, Young, Vidal, Nainggolan, Sanchez all over 30. Must be a lot of wages being used.

41 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

Inter? Conte seems to be building a squad of players who are past it.

Handanovic, Kolarov, Ranocchia, D'Amrosini, Darmian, Perisic, Young, Vidal, Nainggolan, Sanchez all over 30. Must be a lot of wages being used.

Thanks.

Look like a very good fit. Old squad for the most part, and don't fit my usual system at all, so will need players brought in.

Might even sell Martinez...

On 11/11/2020 at 16:53, Pass and Move said:

England
leeds united - el loco

rennes
lille
marseille
lyon

ajax
dinamo zagreb
maccabai tel aviv
malmo
midjtiyland

Miles tweeted that he’s not in the game this year

A091252E-0F07-4711-B135-DEF2EFF84AF5.jpeg

Edited by conor4669

Started with Everton for the first time,after i improved my staff i transfered some wonderkids.Papetti-Gnonto-Gavi-Iturbe-Lutke Frie.

Loans are Ferran Torres because the team needs a good AMR - Tyrick Mitchell and Josh Sargent.

Sold Besic and Tosun for 18M,trying to get rid off Bolasie-Delph and Walcott for more budget.

Got 13M left and i'm looking for a quality striker to rotate with Calvert Lewin.

So far i've won at home 2-0 against Brighton (Sigurdsson - Lewin goals ) and 2-0 with my reserves against Fleetwood for the Caraboa cup.

It's a good balanced team to manage,i'm from Belgium and only do Belgium and England saves,liking FM2021 so far.

Into January in my first season with Sunderland, currently 8 points clear at the top (10 points clear of 3rd) so well on course for promotion. 2 main signings were Jason Cummings (24 goals in all competitions so far) and Papetti on loan who is fantastic for a young centre back, I want to buy him at the end of the season but doubt ill have the funds, might be able to get him on loan for another season but I think other clubs will be interested. Also had the pleasure of managing a 37 year old Yaya Toure for half a season and hes grabbed 6 goals, wanted to keep him but Auxerre put a bid in for him in January and he kicked off when I rejected it, morale went through the floor so I let him go.

Really enjoying it this year, Jason Cummings has been the best signing Ive ever made on a save. Cant believe he is only 25 either, seems like he has been around forever.

Starting the Beta with Man U but will be trying a long term save with one of the lower league teams maybe Altrincham seeing as they are back in the National Conference or possibly one of the former league teams like York or Stockport. 

So many teams this year.

Lyon - bad year last year, lost alot of stars. Build something new

Roma - my favorite team - Rip Zaniolo :(

AC Milan - Build them up again, and get some Zlatan action.

Barcelona - sell everthing old and rebuild it. 

Valencia - horrible team, no money, sick stadium, and a huge club!

On 15/11/2020 at 02:20, karaouzinho2 said:

The talent pool in Braga's squad is so insane plus you have a challenge to dethrone the big 3 in Portugal. 

Really a save you should give it a go! 

I'm on it. Plenty of attacking flair, if not a striker 

my english teams will be everton/preston

if i want to manage germany then it will be with hertha berlin

my main save im torn between either

FC Andorra - build the team through the spanish leagues and hopefully improve the andorran national team

Russian team - havnt decided yet but interested in a russian side as ive been watching alot of soviet stuff lately on youtube haha. may attempt to build a russian club and nation into world beaters ! 

I am a Valencia CF fan in real life, and usually the club is my first save. 

This time around they are an even more interesting team to start with-even for neutrals. The team has just lost its core and heart: Parejo, Coquelin and Kondogbia. It lost one of the brightest prospects in world football in Ferran Torres. VCF also parted ways with the likes of Rodrigo Moreno, Garay to name a few.

Thus you start with a team lacking in key areas. You do have a few good players who can form the core of the side-Gaya, Soler, Paulista, Wass, Maxi Gomez. You have Yunus Musah who is a very bright spark in the side, and a player you could build the squad around. There are underperforming players like Guedes, Cheryshev. Kangin Lee is someone VCF is struggling to renew in real life (probably wont be an issue in the game). 

Bottom line you have some ingredients to build the team. But you will need reinforcements, but there isnt much money. The deadwood in the club can be sold but wont bring in much fee. Selling likes of Gameiro can reduce the wage budget though. The staffing roster is in terrible shape. 

With reinforcements and a bit of luck challenging for EL is possible. But you are at least a couple of seasons away from challenging the likes of Real, Barcelona and Atletico. 

Mind you VCF could be offered for sale both in real life and the game. So be ready for that scenario as well.