steevo55

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, n1mez said:

Hello everybody! 

The most "talented" team in Ligue 1? I really wanna try the League out. Its not the best team, but a team with alot of good quality on it :)

Lille maybe?

4 hours ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

looking for a great club in the top 5 leagues (spain, England, italy, france and germany? with the youngest squad with the most potential?

I think U.S. Sassuolo in Serie A would be a good shout

11 hours ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

looking for a great club in the top 5 leagues (spain, England, italy, france and germany? with the youngest squad with the most potential?

I can only recommend Lille in France. Im playing with them my self. 

1 hour ago, Ewan0404 said:

Looking for a save in the championship or league one. 

Want a club with a good fan base and also some room to move in the transfer and wage budgets. 

If it was league 1, the obvious would be Sunderland, if you arent trying to avoid them.

In the Championship i think id go Nottingham Forest. Decent money, good fan base, havent had much success for a while.

2 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

Looking for a save in the championship or league one. 

Want a club with a good fan base and also some room to move in the transfer and wage budgets. 

Plymouth Argyle or Portsmouth, both good fan bases. Or bring back the Sir Bobby Robson glory days at Ipswich Town.

I'm trying to get one of my pals into FM he's a chelsea fan but idk if playing chelsea straight off the bat would be too easy. Are there any teams that you guys would recommend for relative beginners? Don't want him to lose interest after a week :D

For a complete beginner a big club is the way to go.

23 minutes ago, dan0817 said:

I'm trying to get one of my pals into FM he's a chelsea fan but idk if playing chelsea straight off the bat would be too easy. Are there any teams that you guys would recommend for relative beginners? Don't want him to lose interest after a week :D

22 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

For a complete beginner a big club is the way to go.

What would be some exciting teams you would suggest? Maybe not specific teams, like the level of clubs ie. how you define "big club"

Top 4 in the country they play in??

1 hour ago, dan0817 said:

What would be some exciting teams you would suggest? Maybe not specific teams, like the level of clubs ie. how you define "big club"

Top 4 in the country they play in??

Chelsea, Barcelona, Bayern, Psg. 

A few seasons to get used to how the game works. 

3 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

Once the update comes out I will be starting my long term tenerife save. Until then I want a short 3 season save so looking for suggestions. 

Man same for me, the transfers going on have made me struggling to commit to a save without starting again after the update

I absolutely loved FC Twente on FM20, most of the squad was young and developing, can recommend them in Netherlands for anyone up for a decent team in decent league.

Now I am looking for something a bit more challenging, I'm thinking I want a team in french league 2 which is expected to end on lower mid-table in league 2 but still have a young decent squad, dont need good facilities I wanna spend the money I make on that instead of new players.

Any suggestion of a team with some history that's now struggling, or maybe an old club that's never won anything big?

10 hours ago, zindrinho said:

I absolutely loved FC Twente on FM20, most of the squad was young and developing, can recommend them in Netherlands for anyone up for a decent team in decent league.

Now I am looking for something a bit more challenging, I'm thinking I want a team in french league 2 which is expected to end on lower mid-table in league 2 but still have a young decent squad, dont need good facilities I wanna spend the money I make on that instead of new players.

Any suggestion of a team with some history that's now struggling, or maybe an old club that's never won anything big?

I think Nancy pretty much fits the description and could be a fun save. Or if you're feeling bold, why not take over Ajaccio and try to bring success to Corsica?

8 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

I think Nancy pretty much fits the description and could be a fun save. Or if you're feeling bold, why not take over Ajaccio and try to bring success to Corsica?

Nancy are a bit too good it seems, I skimmed over their best talents and my god there was a lot of talent :D Had the same when I pondered over SM Caen, really cool logo but way too good players, I would just get a promotion first season and then fight for european cup places in 2nd season.

I find FM a bit too easy and want to play a longer save before I get to the top half of league 1.

Ajaccio had almost too little talent, at least when I just look at the assmans star-reports :P And they want to play defensively sound football, I'm no good at that.

I'm thinking about Paris FC, fight to become the best league in the city? :D Would choosing Ajaccio from Corsica limit the size of stadium I could build in the future? Compared to Paris who is a metropol..?

3 hours ago, zindrinho said:

I'm thinking about Paris FC, fight to become the best league in the city?

If you feeling for them go ahead, although I had seen so many playing with them and beating PSG in 4-5 years (haha) including on these forums.

Some worthy options in the middle of the pack could be Sochaux and Auxerre (both former champions, good youth facilities but struggling for some years to bounce back to Ligue 1).

19 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

If you feeling for them go ahead, although I had seen so many playing with them and beating PSG in 4-5 years (haha) including on these forums.

Lol what?!? That's insane, Paris FC do have a young decent squad but 4-5 yrs to topple PSG sounds extreme. They seem to have a decent Balance projection, maybe that makes it easier when you dont have to sell your best talents just to not go in the red.

I thought about Auxerre on FM20 as I saw them struggling in league 2, but I figured I wanted to wait until FM21, and now Auxerre seemed almost too good, I'm a bit afraid I'll just cruise to league 1 and then be disappointed with not getting european football instead of being overjoyed for surviving the relegation.

WTH happened to Bastia, did they do a Parma? I see they dropped 3 leagues in 1 season and are now on a highway back, they're in league 3 tho..

8 hours ago, zindrinho said:

WTH happened to Bastia, did they do a Parma? I see they dropped 3 leagues in 1 season and are now on a highway back, they're in league 3 tho..

Indeed they did, and if your're willing to drop down to Championat National there are some interesting options there, there's Bastia but you could also take on Red Star (which are also from Paris), Le Mans , Boulogne or even Sete (who were among the first powerhouses of France football like a century a go). 

If you're keen on starting in Ligue 2, and Nancy seem to good to you (although in real life they are relegation-battlers) you can also consider En Avant Guingamp. 

This is my last message, sorry to the others for spamming the thread a bit haha :) 

17 hours ago, zindrinho said:

Nancy are a bit too good it seems, I skimmed over their best talents and my god there was a lot of talent :D Had the same when I pondered over SM Caen, really cool logo but way too good players, I would just get a promotion first season and then fight for european cup places in 2nd season.

I find FM a bit too easy and want to play a longer save before I get to the top half of league 1.

Ajaccio had almost too little talent, at least when I just look at the assmans star-reports :P And they want to play defensively sound football, I'm no good at that.

I'm thinking about Paris FC, fight to become the best league in the city? :D Would choosing Ajaccio from Corsica limit the size of stadium I could build in the future? Compared to Paris who is a metropol..?

Look in the french league thread. I have posted a little about my Paris fc game. I absolutely love it. Would love to post more if people interact 

Espanyol has a great team for the 2nd  division, it's a walk in the park to bring them back up.  Ideal team to play a flat 442.

That bunch could easily finish  top 10 of La Liga with no addition but you will be likely  losing  some key players like the very wanted Sergi Darder

Edited by bianconeri96

Hey guys. I’ve just finished an enjoyable save with Deportivo, but have since floated about starting new game after new game without getting past pre-season in any of them. I’m looking for a long term one club save.

I’m looking for a team within One of the five big nations although which one doesn’t matter. Also it doesn’t matter to me if they are top flight or lower down. Preferably top or bottom tier of a nation though. Somewhere I can feel that I am not under too much pressure to succeed early on and perhaps build something over several years. Closest one I’ve thought of so far is Rostock in Germany or Marbella in Spain. I’m not too worried about finances etc. Just expectations that aren’t through the roof from the get go.

19 minutes ago, goonergez said:

Hey guys. I’ve just finished an enjoyable save with Deportivo, but have since floated about starting new game after new game without getting past pre-season in any of them. I’m looking for a long term one club save.

I’m looking for a team within One of the five big nations although which one doesn’t matter. Also it doesn’t matter to me if they are top flight or lower down. Preferably top or bottom tier of a nation though. Somewhere I can feel that I am not under too much pressure to succeed early on and perhaps build something over several years. Closest one I’ve thought of so far is Rostock in Germany or Marbella in Spain. I’m not too worried about finances etc. Just expectations that aren’t through the roof from the get go.

Italy: Parma and Torino have been interesting me. I've virtually never managed in Italy though as the size of the squads and loan madness frankly scares me. I loved the Parma side of the late 1990's and would try to replicate the players, formation and style of that side with modern players. Low expectations at both clubs. Palermo lower down the pyramid, you have to love the kits and Sicily is a glorious island. But promotion is probably expected with them. Lots of historic options in Serie C.

Spain: Real Sociedad or Villarreal as top flight options (but you might have to fight for Europe). Mallorca or Espanyol below that? The latter would be expecting to win promotion though. Beyond them you have done with Deportivo already.

Germany: Kaiserslautern or 1860 Munich, lots of options in the 2nd tier (Holsten Kiel look strong to me).

France: Most 3rd tier sides are semi-pro. SC Bastia? Le Mans are pro. Auxerre in Ligue 2?

My best suggestions are Parma, Torino and Palermo though.

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Italy: Parma and Torino have been interesting me. I've virtually never managed in Italy though as the size of the squads and loan madness frankly scares me. I loved the Parma side of the late 1990's and would try to replicate the players, formation and style of that side with modern players. Low expectations at both clubs. Palermo lower down the pyramid, you have to love the kits and Sicily is a glorious island. But promotion is probably expected with them. Lots of historic options in Serie C.

Spain: Real Sociedad or Villarreal as top flight options (but you might have to fight for Europe). Mallorca or Espanyol below that? The latter would be expecting to win promotion though. Beyond them you have done with Deportivo already.

Germany: Kaiserslautern or 1860 Munich, lots of options in the 2nd tier (Holsten Kiel look strong to me).

France: Most 3rd tier sides are semi-pro. SC Bastia? Le Mans are pro. Auxerre in Ligue 2?

My best suggestions are Parma, Torino and Palermo though.

I did spend about half an hour earlier browsing through Villarreal which was tempting. Especially as I remember arsenal playing them in a champions league semi final way back when. Riquelme (legend!!!) missed a late penalty that saw us scrape through to the final. Palermo interests me though, I shall have a look.

Italy has always scared me because I simply wouldn’t know how to approach it tactically. I don’t know much about Italian football and am kind of scared off by the tactic talk I’ve heard for years and years....

6 minutes ago, goonergez said:

I did spend about half an hour earlier browsing through Villarreal which was tempting. Especially as I remember arsenal playing them in a champions league semi final way back when. Riquelme (legend!!!) missed a late penalty that saw us scrape through to the final. Palermo interests me though, I shall have a look.

Italy has always scared me because I simply wouldn’t know how to approach it tactically. I don’t know much about Italian football and am kind of scared off by the tactic talk I’ve heard for years and years....

Villarreal are a really good squad with a high % of Spanish players. Palermo would have higher expectations probably, but it would help you to have a few years before Serie A perhaps.

I'm not familiar with Italian football either, the last time I watched it was with James Richardson on Channel 4! But a 352/532 with either Torino or Parma should be within our comfort zone.

30 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Villarreal are a really good squad with a high % of Spanish players. Palermo would have higher expectations probably, but it would help you to have a few years before Serie A perhaps.

I'm not familiar with Italian football either, the last time I watched it was with James Richardson on Channel 4! But a 352/532 with either Torino or Parma should be within our comfort zone.

I tried Villarreal in fm20 as I love the kits, however the boards vision was so unrealistic. 

I'm looking for advice on a 'Scandinavian' save.   I want a big club in Norway, Denmark or Sweden that has a decent current squad that I can grow to make some sort of impact in Europe.  I will only be buying players from those three countries, so a decent youth development scheme would be useful as well as good facilities and budget.   

11 minutes ago, Clifton said:

I'm looking for advice on a 'Scandinavian' save.   I want a big club in Norway, Denmark or Sweden that has a decent current squad that I can grow to make some sort of impact in Europe.  I will only be buying players from those three countries, so a decent youth development scheme would be useful as well as good facilities and budget.   

Fc Kobenhaven are the perfect team for that. Already a good base of Scandinavian players in Falk, Fischer, Wind and Daramy. You could build an exciting young team.

15 hours ago, goonergez said:

I had the exact same problem as you. 2 seasons in Roma, Valencia, Lille.. I found Paris FC and are now entering the season 2025-2026. I have had 3 3rd place in Ligue 1, a newly build stadium on the way. And bought a player for 0.8 mio pounds and sold him for 80. These are the things that i like! I have posted a little about it in the french thread.

Really finding it hard to find a long term save. I tend to manage in Italy, but can't get into Napoli. Tempted with AC Milan or Fiorentina.

Also tempted with managing in Germany with BMG or Leverkusen?

Any recommendations for Spain?

1 hour ago, Daws88 said:

Really finding it hard to find a long term save. I tend to manage in Italy, but can't get into Napoli. Tempted with AC Milan or Fiorentina.

Also tempted with managing in Germany with BMG or Leverkusen?

Any recommendations for Spain?

In Spain I think Real Sociedad or Villareal look like good sides to manage. 

I'm looking to be a team in either Spain, Germany or italy that are not the obvious ones, but have a good set of youngsters, decent amount of money and for an amateur like me, could actually win the league in 5 seasons? 

33 minutes ago, oze07 said:

I'm looking to be a team in either Spain, Germany or italy that are not the obvious ones, but have a good set of youngsters, decent amount of money and for an amateur like me, could actually win the league in 5 seasons? 

Germany would say Dortmund, Spain Valencia are lovely, Italy not sure, maybe a Milan type fallen giant save?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I took them on board and ended up choosing Perugia, in a similar ship to Bari and Palermo. I’m halfway through  my first season and enjoying it so far. I think Palermo will be my next save and then I may attempt Villarreal.