When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

It doesn't matter it takes some time after depots are avilable and they haven't uploaded them. But rest assured given today is 2 weeks before relase they will drop it.

They're obviously just hidden. They have had builds on the relevant steam app for a long time (need it for reviewers at the very least), just look at all the updates in the history on steamdb. 7 updates alone on November 9!

1 minute ago, Lennac said:

It's only 7pm here in Canada. Going to be real lonely in here if you all go to bed.

Haha I'm with you! US here! On the plus side, when we wake up it'll likely be afternoon for them and the Beta would be out *fingers crossed*

Just now, DerMef said:

They're obviously just hidden. They have had builds on the relevant steam app for a long time (need it for reviewers at the very least), just look at all the updates in the history on steamdb. 7 updates alone on November 9!

I know mate but until they make them available for public. Which means it will be visible in steam db site we have to wait longer. But as I said today is the 2 week earlier. Let's hope they drop it today

Just now, Sunbao said:

Danish english norwegian france you name it ads are running al over the world telling the beta is out 🙈 someone must be getting a lot of trash for it tomorrow

I still think there is a chance for it to be released in the next maybe 2 hours, I think they are aware already about the ads, so they would have just cancelled them I guess. It would make sense regarding the bandwidth restrictions as well

Just now, ferrarinseb said:

I know mate but until they make them available for public. Which means it will be visible in steam db site we have to wait longer. But as I said today is the 2 week earlier. Let's hope they drop it today

Well it doesn't really matter to us when they're going to be visible, because then the game will be available anyway.
Steam depots being hidden is normal for unreleased games. In fact, many apps on Steam are entirely hidden, those that are used for in-development builds. Once FM21 is shown on the store, steamdb can aggregate some info on it, so that's what we're seeing right now. It's not much though since most of it is still hidden.

Just now, CaptainSa said:

How is beta 'late'? 

Well when there's a bunch of ads about beta being here and no beta, something doesn't quite add up does it? :lol:

Considering all the ads, there was a hiccup along the line somewhere and it wouldn't surprise me if SI never stated that "beta won't be here today" because they assumed it would actually be here today. But who knows, time to sleep and maybe I wake up to some FM21. Or maybe not, in which case we can always go for 200 pages.

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

Well when there's a bunch of ads about beta being here and no beta, something doesn't quite add up does it? :lol:

Considering all the ads, there was a hiccup along the line somewhere and it wouldn't surprise me if SI never stated that "beta won't be here today" because they assumed it would actually be here today. But who knows, time to sleep and maybe I wake up to some FM21. Or maybe not, in which case we can always go for 200 pages.

Love the positivity! Either way we have a duty.

Just now, ChrisBuxton said:

SI probably paid for the ads to start on 10.10.2020. I doubt it's an error from them.

Well you could consider it an error to pay for ads when you can't guarantee that it's actually available.

Just now, SimonClarckson said:

Sorry, should never joke about a such seriously topic.

It's not about that, but you have to try so much harder than that on the 116th page, we are sick of this. We appreciate the banter and that's what the topic is made from, but as I said, that was a really poor effort..

Im like 75% certain that when buying facebook ads you can pick a specific time of day for them to begin and end. So like 9am on the 10th until 10pm on the 14th for example.

Could be wrong though