When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, eric.van.der.haegen1 said:

if you count on your fingers(if you have 10 of course)...11th,12th,13th,14th,15th,16th,17th,18th,19th,20th,21th,22th,23th,24th = 14 in my opinion...

your opinion is mathematically incorrect 

Its coming today.  

Firstly, various advertisements said it was coming today months ago.

Second, various advertisements now said its available today.

Thirdly they always drop it 14 days before release.  Its definitely coming today.  Probably 8pm 

Lets be honest, if it is today its going to be later on .....  Miles has to get in the office (doubt they start before 9am) turn his PC on .... make a cup of coffee ..... read some emails and then IF its today the beta needs to be uploaded to steam for verification before its released for download.

My guess is that it will be 12:07 GMT

1 minute ago, eric.van.der.haegen1 said:

if you count on your fingers(if you have 10 of course)...11th,12th,13th,14th,15th,16th,17th,18th,19th,20th,21th,22th,23th,24th = 14 in my opinion...

I would have been able to do that even without ten fingers. You are arguing that 14 days before the 24th is the 11th. That is wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Os said:

Anyone concerned that a serious glitch/bug has arisen?

Would explain the lack of comms.

I hope not but with a lot of ME changes, and financial changes due to Covid there's potential for a few game breakers in there. Especially financial if not modelled correctly 

1 minute ago, Tyler Owen said:

Lets be honest, if it is today its going to be later on .....  Miles has to get in the office (doubt they start before 9am) turn his PC on .... make a cup of coffee ..... read some emails and then IF its today the beta needs to be uploaded to steam for verification before its released for download.

well he doesn't as nobody goes in office at the mpoment, probably sat in his dressing gown on the sofa doing it :0

1 minute ago, Tyler Owen said:

Don't forget they have to wheel the big red button in on a little squeaky trolley from the utility cupboard.

No-one here think that the previous mention of 'bandwidth' and the implication the beta will drop outside of office hours pretty much kills the hope that it'll be released before this evening? I mean, obviously stay for the stream of memes (beats the soul-dragging misery of work) but maybe expectations need to be tempered until darkness falls, at least?

5 minutes ago, eric.van.der.haegen1 said:

You're including the 24th as a day to wait. It drops on the 24th, so 13 days away

6 minutes ago, eric.van.der.haegen1 said:

If you are counting the 11th as one day, then that day will be the 24hrs from the 10th to the 11th. 

You would not call the 24th one day to release, it would be 0 days.

Edited by Toothless Gibbon

3 minutes ago, Tyler Owen said:

Miles is at home, cycling back from Italy 

6 hours ago, greenz81 said:

I reckon we should post our current setups... mine is on the forum, playing FM (Bournemouth in 2028), watching a Long Kiss Goodnight.... (just like the beta)

115785571_WhatsAppImage2020-11-10at02_28_03.thumb.jpeg.bd3b232a892a7e8528fe34d9ca2721d8.jpeg

what do you do? i'm also sound engineer and mix & master...i also have the same containers as you, from Wilko's haha

3 minutes ago, Suzie MUFC said:

Don't forget they have to wheel the big red button in on a little squeaky trolley from the utility cupboard.

oh yeah but the one of the wheels fell off last year and no one has got round to fixing yet so we'll need to wait for maintenance to sort the wheel out thus adding further delays :lol:

Edited by Tyler Owen

1 minute ago, Suzie MUFC said:

No mate, it's actually a lego type thing. They have to build it in stages. First the base, then the supporting struts, then there's the internal wheel mechanism, then the sparky's need to wire it up., all in all takes around 3 minutes to assemble.

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Lawsuits? Aaah, I'd have enjoyed that one. Never mind, need to be more vigilant :lol:

Yeah for sure mate. He said something along the lines of if it's not released he's contacting a lawyer, the exact post will still be showing in these pages unless it's been removed. You'd have had a field day!

4 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

you get the brexit version 

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The EU version until 1st January, then Priti Patel stops you getting it at all. 

Okay so I don't know which it is since your both saying differently