When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Marc Duffy said:

:applause:

It's like transfer deadline day with all the made up stories about who has been spotted where.
"My mums mates dad spotted Mbappe at the Bakery near Anfield Road earlier on talking to his agent"

Is this a new feature? :D

2 hours ago, PhilT said:

A simple tweet or post from SI - at any stage, saying "not today", would have saved multiple peoples time . Will never affect sales but I think you went down in a few peoples estimations today.

TWENTY ONE UPVOTES

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I always wanted this as a kid, but it was like a holy grail at the time. It was probably awful, but it sounded great

LOGacta Chart Soccer | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Anyone remember a football management style game in a football mag in the UK in probably the late 80s or early 90s?

You had to pick choices from weekly questions and they'd give you your progress in the next mag. 

Can't for the life of me think what mag it was - most likely Shoot or Match. 

That was my first taste of Football Management games.

I did have a board game called Jimmy Hill's Match of the Day. 

image.png.9be877e0bd846706afffb73a48870979.png

Wasn't really management that much though. 

3 minutes ago, anagain said:

Anyone remember a football management style game in a football mag in the UK in probably the late 80s or early 90s?

You had to pick choices from weekly questions and they'd give you your progress in the next mag. 

Can't for the life of me think what mag it was - most likely Shoot or Match. 

That was my first taste of Football Management games.

I did have a board game called Jimmy Hill's Match of the Day. 

image.png.9be877e0bd846706afffb73a48870979.png

Wasn't really management that much though. 

There were a few play-by-mail games that were advertised in Shoot, Match and possibly Roy of The Rovers. Always wanted to try one - but I stuck with Subbuteo instead.

5 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Why are SI staff casually browsing this topic instead of working on getting the alpha to beta? :brock:

Probably something to do with it being nearly 11pm in the UK... 

...oh yeah, get back to work. There's beta impatience happening. 

Impatience regarding a game in the 21st century...I thought only Cyberpunk suffered that. 

Just now, Lempicka said:

There were a few play-by-mail games that were advertised in Shoot, Match and possibly Roy of The Rovers. Always wanted to try one - but I stuck with Subbuteo instead.

Oh yeah, play by mail. I wanted to do them but I think me dad said no to the stamps, or something. :(

The mag one was the most I managed. 

9 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Why are SI staff casually browsing this topic instead of working on getting the alpha to beta? :brock:

It's not they're trying to put an oil fire out. I don't think it's an "all hands to the pump' situation. 

3 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

I did a PBM for years

Soccer Supremos I think it was called 

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

GAD games Soccer Supremos was the bomb Play By Mail

18766_286843739735_6593993_n.jpg?_nc_cat

2 minutes ago, jase19 said:

I'd put money on it being out tomorrow because it will be a 2 week beta then (as always).  What time, I have no idea.

If by “as always” you mean “for the first time since they started doing beta” then, yeah, sure

6 minutes ago, jase19 said:

I'd put money on it being out tomorrow because it will be a 2 week beta then (as always).  What time, I have no idea.

Well tomorrow is gonna be in 53 minutes, so yeah, I'm pretty sure sure you're right. But yeah, as @gunner86 said, they literally never released the beta exactly with 14 days before the full release, so it is definitely not "as always".

P.S.: Feels good to be back, nobody warned me about the limit of posts/day..

Edited by Drunkerone