FM24 - PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

My laptop is 5 years old, so looking for new laptop recommendations. My budgets is around £800 and looking for an 'all rounder' i.e. can play FM, watch movies and browse, ideally around 14inches.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Sud2002

17 minutes ago, Sud2002 said:

Hello,

My laptop is 5 years old, so looking for new laptop recommendations. My budgets is around £800 and looking for an 'all rounder' i.e. can play FM, watch movies and browse, ideally around 14inches.

Thanks in advance. 

If you're not thinking about playing other games, I'd go for something like this: https://www.box.co.uk/21A200DVUK-Lenovo-ThinkBook-14-G3-Ryzen-5-16GB-RAM-_4112564.html

Afternoon These are the specs for the Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop(Legion 5-15ACH6H Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JU) I bought last Christmas to mainly play FM. However I have found it really noisy(Jet engine like) and thus have found it basically unplayable. Anyone got any advice for either a replacement(If i can sell the lenovo) which has similar specs. Would increasing the RAM improve the performance of the game? Find it struggles sometimes in the 3D graphics mode to be completely smooth and it is sometimes choppy, even on the highest performance settings on the laptop. 

Thanks for all your help. James

Laptop Specs Graphics.png

Specs.png

Edited by jamesdenson1997

25 minutes ago, jamesdenson1997 said:

Afternoon These are the specs for the Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop(Legion 5-15ACH6H Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JU) I bought last Christmas to mainly play FM. However I have found it really noisy(Jet engine like) and thus have found it basically unplayable. Anyone got any advice for either a replacement(If i can sell the lenovo) which has similar specs. Would increasing the RAM improve the performance of the game? Find it struggles sometimes in the 3D graphics mode to be completely smooth and it is sometimes choppy, even on the highest performance settings on the laptop. 

Thanks for all your help. James

Laptop Specs Graphics.png

Specs.png

The fans being noisy is perhaps to be expected on a gaming laptop, but there is no reason that the 3D graphics should be choppy with an RTX 3060 graphics card, unless there is some kind of fault with the hardware.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-laptop-not-using-gpu/#:~:text=In Display settings%2C scroll down,High performance and click Save.

Make sure your laptop is using the RTX 3060 to output the video signal rather than the integrated Radeon graphics using the guide linked above.

EDIT: Increasing the RAM shouldn't have any real effect on FM's performance, but will allow for more programs to be running at once if you like to multitask.

Edited by kevhamster

7 hours ago, kevhamster said:

The fans being noisy is perhaps to be expected on a gaming laptop, but there is no reason that the 3D graphics should be choppy with an RTX 3060 graphics card, unless there is some kind of fault with the hardware.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-laptop-not-using-gpu/#:~:text=In Display settings%2C scroll down,High performance and click Save.

Make sure your laptop is using the RTX 3060 to output the video signal rather than the integrated Radeon graphics using the guide linked above.

EDIT: Increasing the RAM shouldn't have any real effect on FM's performance, but will allow for more programs to be running at once if you like to multitask.

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea if a laptop is out there with similar specs(happy to be slightly lower) if it meant a quieter fan during gameplay. The fan noise is bad even when the laptop is on the home screen with nothing running. So it’s just a massive annoyance when using the laptop. Attached the sound made when nothings open on the laptop

Edited by jamesdenson1997

2 hours ago, jamesdenson1997 said:

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea if a laptop is out there with similar specs(happy to be slightly lower) if it meant a quieter fan during gameplay. The fan noise is bad even when the laptop is on the home screen with nothing running. So it’s just a massive annoyance when using the laptop. Attached the sound made when nothings open on the laptop

68488109242__F8C6CD2C-9C72-4B08-8BE7-C139F9F96170.MOV

Reading around, this is apparently one of the quietest gaming laptops out there at the moment: https://www.cclonline.com/9s7-158422-070-msi-katana-gf66-gaming-laptop-15-6-inch-1920-x-1080-intel-core-i7-12700h-8gb-512gb-ssd-geforce-rtx-3050-bluetooth-microsoft-windows-11-home/?cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=13175109254&cq_con=125042006800&cq_term=&cq_med=pla&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_pos=&cq_plt=gp&gclid=Cj0KCQjw94WZBhDtARIsAKxWG-8KK7Qq-NUsZdjyxGAylKANDFEvIrfDEeo1Nu0Xwt8w2l7qhVhs-oYaAqrLEALw_wcB

Source: https://denoflaptop.com/best-quiet-gaming-laptops/

Hi All

I'm getting back into FM and want to buy a new laptop. I mostly load about 13-15 leagues and only play 2D so not really bothered by 3D performance of the laptop. I would like a minimum screen size of 15,6 inch and (if possible) a touch screen. Budget is around 1.000 EUR but can be higher if that's necessary.

I've found this one: https://www.megekko.nl/product/2057/294002/Laptops/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Flex-5-15ARE05-i7-1165G7-15-6-laptop (It's in Dutch but the main specs are: CPU Intel I7-1165G7, GPU Intel Iris Xe Graphipcs and 16GB RAM and a 15,6 inch touch screen). 

I've also found a used laptop Dell Latitude 7773 for 300 EUR with the following specs: CPU Intel I5-8250, GPU Nvidia Geforce MX150, 16GB RAM with a 17,3 inch touch screen. Can this still run FM 2022/2023 with 13-15 leagues loaded at a decent speed?

Grts

36 minutes ago, Gevers said:

Hi All

I'm getting back into FM and want to buy a new laptop. I mostly load about 13-15 leagues and only play 2D so not really bothered by 3D performance of the laptop. I would like a minimum screen size of 15,6 inch and (if possible) a touch screen. Budget is around 1.000 EUR but can be higher if that's necessary.

I've found this one: https://www.megekko.nl/product/2057/294002/Laptops/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Flex-5-15ARE05-i7-1165G7-15-6-laptop (It's in Dutch but the main specs are: CPU Intel I7-1165G7, GPU Intel Iris Xe Graphipcs and 16GB RAM and a 15,6 inch touch screen). 

I've also found a used laptop Dell Latitude 7773 for 300 EUR with the following specs: CPU Intel I5-8250, GPU Nvidia Geforce MX150, 16GB RAM with a 17,3 inch touch screen. Can this still run FM 2022/2023 with 13-15 leagues loaded at a decent speed?

Grts

As per the OP, we don't comment on how many leagues a specific system will run to your satisfaction, as that's something which is entirely subjective and my expectations as to what's a decent speed will not be the same as yours most likely.

Both laptops will run the game.  In terms of performance the first one will outperform the used one quite significantly, but you'd probably already expect that given the price difference.

Hi, I have a gaming PC already that I play FM on, Specs:

Processor: Ryzen 5 3600

Graphics: RX580 (8gb)

Memory (32gb 3200Mhz)

I was thinking moving my PS5 NVMe to my PC:

Now: Crucial CT500P1SSD8 500gb (Read/Write: 2,000/1,700mb/s)

Future: WD SN850 1tb (Read/Write: 7,000/5,300 mb/s)

Has anyone upgraded their SSD/NVMe storage and noticed any difference in game speeds? If not I might buy a cheaper 2tb option to upgrade the PC. 

I was also wondering , what would anyone suggest upgrading if I wanted to improve game performance, would it be the GPU, Processor or Memory? I've looked at the performance benchmarks and I assume It's the Processor.

Thanks. 

Edited by henesey

42 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

As per the OP, we don't comment on how many leagues a specific system will run to your satisfaction, as that's something which is entirely subjective and my expectations as to what's a decent speed will not be the same as yours most likely.

Both laptops will run the game.  In terms of performance the first one will outperform the used one quite significantly, but you'd probably already expect that given the price difference.

Thanks for your quick response, I understand you can't comment on the speed (looked over that in the OP, my bad!).

I'm thinking of ordering the first one or is there something better suited in my price range?

I've also found this one but is more expensive: https://www.megekko.nl/product/2057/931467/Laptops/HP-ENVY-x360-15-ey0200nd-5825U-Hybride-2-in-1-39-6-cm-15-6-Touchscreen-Full-HD-AMD-Ryzen-copy-7-1-laptop (it has a AMD Ryzen 7 5825U), is this more suited for FM?

23 minutes ago, henesey said:

Hi, I have a gaming PC already that I play FM on, Specs:

Processor: Ryzen 5 3600

Graphics: RX580 (8gb)

Memory (32gb 3200Mhz)

I was thinking moving my PS5 NVMe to my PC:

Now: Crucial CT500P1SSD8 500gb (Read/Write: 2,000/1,700mb/s)

Future: WD SN850 1tb (Read/Write: 7,000/5,300 mb/s)

Has anyone upgraded their SSD/NVMe storage and noticed any difference in game speeds? If not I might buy a cheaper 2tb option to upgrade the PC. 

I was also wondering , what would anyone suggest upgrading if I wanted to improve game performance, would it be the GPU, Processor or Memory? I've looked at the performance benchmarks and I assume It's the Processor.

Thanks. 

The SSD will make minimal difference to FM, outside of speed of saving and loading games.

The CPU will be the thing to upgrade to improve the speed of processing within FM.  You will need to make sure that any CPU you upgrade to is compatible with your motherboard.  If you go for a newer Ryzen chip then in theory the motherboard you have should be OK, but may need a BIOS update.

12 minutes ago, Gevers said:

Thanks for your quick response, I understand you can't comment on the speed (looked over that in the OP, my bad!).

I'm thinking of ordering the first one or is there something better suited in my price range?

I've also found this one but is more expensive: https://www.megekko.nl/product/2057/931467/Laptops/HP-ENVY-x360-15-ey0200nd-5825U-Hybride-2-in-1-39-6-cm-15-6-Touchscreen-Full-HD-AMD-Ryzen-copy-7-1-laptop (it has a AMD Ryzen 7 5825U), is this more suited for FM?

There's very limited info on the Ryzen 7 5825U - benchmarks that I can see do suggest it is a more powerful CPU than the i7 in the other one, but the sample size is much smaller so it's a tough one to call.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Ryzen+7+5825U&id=4788

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-1165G7+%40+2.80GHz&id=3814

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-amd_ryzen_7_5825u

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-intel_core_i7_1165g7

Cpubenchmark gives the edge to the Ryzen on both single core and multicore performance, and CPU Monkey shows higher single core performance for the i7 and higher multi-core scores for the Ryzen 7, however it doesn't state the number of samples it's had to come to those scores.

Given the scarcity of info on the Ryzen 7 in question, and the fairly significant price difference between the two, I'd personally be inclined to go for the i7 based machine if it was me making the purchase.

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

The SSD will make minimal difference to FM, outside of speed of saving and loading games.

The CPU will be the thing to upgrade to improve the speed of processing within FM.  You will need to make sure that any CPU you upgrade to is compatible with your motherboard.  If you go for a newer Ryzen chip then in theory the motherboard you have should be OK, but may need a BIOS update.

Thanks, I might look at upgrading to a 5900x or a 5950x when there is a good sale. 

4 minutes ago, jamesdenson1997 said:

The more I read around the harder it is to find a genuinely quiet gaming laptop. ASUS TUF is one that’s apparently better as well as the HP Omen. The others are way out of my price range. Would getting a non gaming laptop help with the noise issue and would that impact FM performance. 

A non gaming laptop is likely to be quieter - the noise is happening because the fans in a gaming laptop have to work harder to keep it cool.  The CPU's tend to be powerful, plus you have a graphics card there in a small chassis.  These things generate a fair amount of heat, and so the fans have to work hard to keep the temperature down.

A non-gaming laptop will tend to have a lower powered CPU with integrated graphics.  Performance is likely to not be as good as you'd get on a typical gaming laptop, but with the upside that on the whole it's likely to be cheaper to buy, cheaper to power and quieter.

Again, this is all using a quite broad range of assumptions - and you can still get decent performance with FM with some of these lower powered laptop CPU's.

Firstly, you guys are doing heros work! 

Im fairly clueless on computer tech, but been doing some research this week and looking at new laptops as my current one (Dell XPS 15 - about 5 years old) has given up. Was just wondering if I was on the right lines.....

Other than FM, I only really use the laptop for music & general use (web browsing etc). It might occasionally get used for watching netflix / youtube. Also, I'm not that fussed about the 3D experience on FM, so a graphics card would be a bonus rather than a requirement. I would like to start a new journeyman save when I get a new laptop and was thinking of decent sized database, so would like something fairly quick. I was hoping to spend around £500, but would stretch to around £700 if I knew I was buying quality and future-proofing.

Done a bit of a comparison of a few I have come across, looks like the Ryzen 7 5800H is the best CPU from the benchmarks. But not sure if the Matebook / Vivobook is worth the extra money over something like the Lenovo V15 G2?

Also....I'm not fixed to these choices if there are better alternatives.

image.jpeg.8e56e06902ce0a43ed844e325f613018.jpeg

Edited by 91tombarlow

Hi all. I've been playing FM for many years but looking to get a new laptop for 23. Anyone got any recommendations please? Not looking to spend much on it. £300 approx. Happy to go above this but the cheaper the better really. Only use the laptop for FM. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

My laptop is 5 years old but I'm struggling to understand why it's slow running FM when the specs on paper look pretty decent, it did very poorly in the benchmark test.

The specs are as follows:

(Installed) RAM: 8gb

Processor:  Intel Core i7-7500 CPU @2.70GHZ

GPU: HD Graphics 620

Storage: SSD

Clearly I'm not understanding something and there's probably more information you need about my laptop, just trying to understand the specs more before I purchase a new laptop, happy to find and provide more information if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sud2002

6 hours ago, 91tombarlow said:

Firstly, you guys are doing heros work! 

Im fairly clueless on computer tech, but been doing some research this week and looking at new laptops as my current one (Dell XPS 15 - about 5 years old) has given up. Was just wondering if I was on the right lines.....

Other than FM, I only really use the laptop for music & general use (web browsing etc). It might occasionally get used for watching netflix / youtube. Also, I'm not that fussed about the 3D experience on FM, so a graphics card would be a bonus rather than a requirement. I would like to start a new journeyman save when I get a new laptop and was thinking of decent sized database, so would like something fairly quick. I was hoping to spend around £500, but would stretch to around £700 if I knew I was buying quality and future-proofing.

Done a bit of a comparison of a few I have come across, looks like the Ryzen 7 5800H is the best CPU from the benchmarks. But not sure if the Matebook / Vivobook is worth the extra money over something like the Lenovo V15 G2?

Also....I'm not fixed to these choices if there are better alternatives.

image.jpeg.8e56e06902ce0a43ed844e325f613018.jpeg

I'd ask how much you actually feel comfortable spending and then I'll work out the best thing I can find within that budget. :)

3 hours ago, Crabby3 said:

Hi all. I've been playing FM for many years but looking to get a new laptop for 23. Anyone got any recommendations please? Not looking to spend much on it. £300 approx. Happy to go above this but the cheaper the better really. Only use the laptop for FM. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

If you're happy to buy a refurb model, I'd suggest this: https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/deals/lenovo-thinkbook-15-i5-8gb-256gb-10-pro-laptop/

It's slightly above the £300, but it really is worth paying that little bit extra.

The best brand new one I can find is this, but the refurb one above has a much stronger CPU: https://www.box.co.uk/AVITA-LIBER-NS14A8UKV542-SG-AVITA-Liber-V-14-Pro-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM_3355400.html

1 hour ago, Sud2002 said:

My laptop is 5 years old but I'm struggling to understand why it's slow running FM when the specs on paper look pretty decent, it did very poorly in the benchmark test.

The specs are as follows:

(Installed) RAM: 8gb

Processor:  Intel Core i7-7500 CPU @2.70GHZ

GPU: HD Graphics 620

Storage: SSD

Clearly I'm not understanding something and there's probably more information you need about my laptop, just trying to understand the specs more before I purchase a new laptop, happy to find and provide more information if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Whilst that laptop would have been at the higher end of the range when it was new, by current standards the CPU is actually quite weak - CPU's have jumped in performance significantly since the 7th gen Intel CPU's.

For an illustration, here's a comparison between that and a last-gen i5: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-1135G7/m171274vsm1286124

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

Whilst that laptop would have been at the higher end of the range when it was new, by current standards the CPU is actually quite weak - CPU's have jumped in performance significantly since the 7th gen Intel CPU's.

For an illustration, here's a comparison between that and a last-gen i5: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-1135G7/m171274vsm1286124

This is very helpful, thank you! I was under the illusion I7 was better than I5, but obviously there's lot more to it then that.

On 14/09/2022 at 01:00, kevhamster said:

If you're not thinking about playing other games, I'd go for something like this: https://www.box.co.uk/21A200DVUK-Lenovo-ThinkBook-14-G3-Ryzen-5-16GB-RAM-_4112564.html

Very helpful thank you! I don't need it until the new FM23 comes out in November, you may not know the answer but do you think it's worth buying now or waiting 1.5 months and buying it then with the hope of the price coming down or a deal happening?

8 hours ago, Sud2002 said:

This is very helpful, thank you! I was under the illusion I7 was better than I5, but obviously there's lot more to it then that.

If you're looking at CPU's from the same generation, then in theory the i7 would be better than the i5 - but that i5 is 5 generations newer than your i7 and CPU technology has moved on considerably since the 7th generation Intels.

7 hours ago, Sud2002 said:

Very helpful thank you! I don't need it until the new FM23 comes out in November, you may not know the answer but do you think it's worth buying now or waiting 1.5 months and buying it then with the hope of the price coming down or a deal happening?

Really can't say - I have no idea if stores are planning any reductions or sales in the near future.

1 hour ago, 91tombarlow said:

Thanks.

I will be cheeky and ask for one recommendation at around £500, and one around £700 if possible please.

£500 - https://www.box.co.uk/A1PYU13E116A-Dynabook-Satellite-Pro-C50D-B-115-AMD-Ry_4120814.html

£700 - https://www.box.co.uk/A1PYU13E116H-Dynabook-Satellite-Pro-C50D-B-113-Ryzen-_4120815.html

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Quick question for my own knowledge, what makes that 2nd one a better choice than the matebook when the CPU scores a bit lower on the benchmarks?

40 minutes ago, 91tombarlow said:

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Quick question for my own knowledge, what makes that 2nd one a better choice than the matebook when the CPU scores a bit lower on the benchmarks?

Fair comment - I couldn't initially find the Matebook in question at the same price.

But, having looked at some other sites, I have found one: https://ao.com/product/53012vnk-huawei-matebook-16-laptop-grey-93227-251.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicpla

And yes, this one would be better. 

27 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Fair comment - I couldn't initially find the Matebook in question at the same price.

But, having looked at some other sites, I have found one: https://ao.com/product/53012vnk-huawei-matebook-16-laptop-grey-93227-251.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicpla

And yes, this one would be better. 

Thank you for your help!

20 hours ago, kevhamster said:

If you're happy to buy a refurb model, I'd suggest this: https://www.laptopstation.co.uk/deals/lenovo-thinkbook-15-i5-8gb-256gb-10-pro-laptop/

It's slightly above the £300, but it really is worth paying that little bit extra.

The best brand new one I can find is this, but the refurb one above has a much stronger CPU: https://www.box.co.uk/AVITA-LIBER-NS14A8UKV542-SG-AVITA-Liber-V-14-Pro-AMD-Ryzen-5-8GB-RAM_3355400.html

Thank you for that, really appreciate it. 

11 hours ago, kevhamster said:

If you're looking at CPU's from the same generation, then in theory the i7 would be better than the i5 - but that i5 is 5 generations newer than your i7 and CPU technology has moved on considerably since the 7th generation Intels.

Really can't say - I have no idea if stores are planning any reductions or sales in the near future.

You've been super helpful, thank you!

On 16/09/2022 at 21:58, Invisible Witness said:

This is a new Intel graphic card on the market. Was wondering if it has been tested to run FM23 or will it run it 3D engine smoothly? Looking for high settings. 

Assume you mean CPU rather than graphics card?

Which one are you referring to?  They've released a few recently.

Hi,First of all top job what your doing helping us out alot of money to spend and we just want to make sure we are making the right purchase.Looking to by a new laptop that has the capability of playing Football manager to its fullest with max database and graphics.Ive come across 2 laptops from argos which allows me to pay 12 months free credit which one would be better

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9505465?clickSR=slp:term:gaming laptop:12:35:1

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9547564?clickSR=slp:term:gaming laptop:13:35:1

Also if you could recommend one for around the same price mate,Doesn't need any interest free options,Just keeping my options open.Thanks again mate

Edited by KillaKy

4 hours ago, KillaKy said:

Hi,First of all top job what your doing helping us out alot of money to spend and we just want to make sure we are making the right purchase.Looking to by a new laptop that has the capability of playing Football manager to its fullest with max database and graphics.Ive come across 2 laptops from argos which allows me to pay 12 months free credit which one would be better

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9505465?clickSR=slp:term:gaming laptop:12:35:1

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9547564?clickSR=slp:term:gaming laptop:13:35:1

Also if you could recommend one for around the same price mate,Doesn't need any interest free options,Just keeping my options open.Thanks again mate

Both are the same aside from the graphics card and SSD capacity, so you shouldn't see any difference between them for FM.  Either graphics card will max out FM's graphics without breaking a sweat. 

https://www.box.co.uk/NH.QBCEK.007-Acer-Nitro-5-AMD-Ryzen-7-16GB-RAM-512GB-_3746136.html

This one is the same spec as the cheaper of the two you linked and is £300 cheaper and does have credit options. 

Edited by kevhamster

4 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Both are the same aside from the graphics card and SSD capacity, so you shouldn't see any difference between them for FM.  Either graphics card will max out FM's graphics without breaking a sweat. 

https://www.box.co.uk/NH.QBCEK.007-Acer-Nitro-5-AMD-Ryzen-7-16GB-RAM-512GB-_3746136.html

This one is the same spec as the cheaper of the two you linked and is £300 cheaper and does have credit options. 

Appreciate the time taken to look this up and get back to me,Cheers again mate 👌

Hi,

I have kind of a specific ask: I'm buying a laptop for my freelance (copywriting) activities. Stands to reason that a great typing experience is my n°1 priority, but I'd like to be able to play FM Xbox Edition (I think this is the PC alternative to FM Touch?) as well. In the past I've used a Macbook Air and Dell XPS13 for work and I loved those typing experiences. Newer Macbooks I hear are lesser in that regard and Dell XPS13 is expensive and often times buggy.

My challenge is that I want a decent laptop to work on, mainly for typing, and with enough power for FM, but I don't want to spend an extra 500 if I can avoid it, just to get that smooth typing experience... In theory, my budget is around 1000-1200£.

Cheers for any tips!

1 hour ago, jens_dewit said:

Hi,

I have kind of a specific ask: I'm buying a laptop for my freelance (copywriting) activities. Stands to reason that a great typing experience is my n°1 priority, but I'd like to be able to play FM Xbox Edition (I think this is the PC alternative to FM Touch?) as well. In the past I've used a Macbook Air and Dell XPS13 for work and I loved those typing experiences. Newer Macbooks I hear are lesser in that regard and Dell XPS13 is expensive and often times buggy.

My challenge is that I want a decent laptop to work on, mainly for typing, and with enough power for FM, but I don't want to spend an extra 500 if I can avoid it, just to get that smooth typing experience... In theory, my budget is around 1000-1200£.

Cheers for any tips!

Based on this: https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/i-review-laptops-for-a-living-and-these-have-my-favorite-keyboards

This one could do the job for you: https://www.box.co.uk/NH.QBCEK.007-Acer-Nitro-5-AMD-Ryzen-7-16GB-RAM-512GB-_3746136.html

12 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Thanks, seems like a great shout. Gives me a good direction to further investigate!

13 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

Hi,

Cheers for any tips!

Personally at that budget I'd 100% go with the M1 MacBook Air (there's not really any need for you to shell out for the M2 for your uses, unless you DESPERATELY want the new form factor). Especially if you've used Macs before - meaning you won't have the adaptation period to go through. The M1 Air can be picked up for ~£900.

Apple had trouble with their keyboards for a few years (2016-2019 I think), but the latest iteration (which the M1 Air has) is absolutely exceptional.

Obviously you won't be able to play the Xbox edition, but FM23 Touch is coming to Apple Arcade (which also presumably means it will be optimised for Apple Silicon, so should run brilliantly without completely hammering battery life)

Just my 2 cents.

Considering buying a new laptop, so I hope for some advice.

I've broken the option down to two options for graphics card, GeForce RTX 3060 6GB or GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB. I do use the 3D engine, but how powerfull graphics card do I really need? Also can I manage with even a cheaper graphics card.

I also plan to go with 32GB DDR4 3200MHz or 16GB DDR4 3200MHz. I do run most leagues when I play, I loaded the last game I had with Timos (I think) leagues from steam. Will there be a big difference in playing with 32GB compared to 16GB.

The processor wil be a i7-12700H

Is there any toughts on this?

5 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Considering buying a new laptop, so I hope for some advice.

I've broken the option down to two options for graphics card, GeForce RTX 3060 6GB or GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB. I do use the 3D engine, but how powerfull graphics card do I really need? Also can I manage with even a cheaper graphics card.

I also plan to go with 32GB DDR4 3200MHz or 16GB DDR4 3200MHz. I do run most leagues when I play, I loaded the last game I had with Timos (I think) leagues from steam. Will there be a big difference in playing with 32GB compared to 16GB.

The processor wil be a i7-12700H

Is there any toughts on this?

Both the RTX 3060 and 3070 Ti are well in excess of what is needed for FM.  Pretty much any dedicated graphics card from the last few years will be more than adequate - even most current integrated GPUs will be fine for 3D graphics on FM at medium settings, and higher in some cases.

Also, 16GB RAM is also perfectly adequate for FM.  

The biggest factor when looking at how FM will run is always the CPU, and you've picked one of the better ones currently available.

20 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Thx for the reply. Will search around for a different graphics card.

If you're looking at laptops specifically, many of the 12th gen Intels will be paired with one of the 30 series graphics cards anyway, so you may not find anything which is any less powerful being paired with it.