[Spain] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Spain competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Spain should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing Deportivo La Coruna in Segunda division B. League registration rules allows to have max 22 registered players. U-19 players do not have to be registered. I can give my players numbers from range 1-22, and I can't give any number for my U-19 players. When I choose them for a match, I got information that I have players without number, but on the number selection screen I still can not give them any number. Also can't go back and change match squad, so I needed to re-load game

supercopa de espana (id 1301423) season 19/20 history is missing also the scheduling is the 19/20 season not the 20/21 season ive also sent the link as proof the info below is under history thats last seasons result(19/20) and the teams that should feature this season (20/21) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercopa_de_España

Year Champion Score Runner-up Semi-finalists Stadium
2019–20 Real Madrid
(2018–19 Liga third place)
0–0
(4–1 pen.)
Atlético Madrid
(2018–19 Liga runners-up)
Valencia
(2018–19 Copa del Rey winners)
Saudi Arabia King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah
Barcelona
(2018–19 La Liga winners)
2020–21 Real Madrid (2019–20 La Liga winners),
Barcelona (2019–20 La Liga runners-up),
Athletic Bilbao (2019–20 Copa del Rey finalists),
Real Sociedad (2019–20 Copa del Rey finalists)
TBD

I'm only able to use 3 subs in La Liga, should this not be 5 as per the rules in real life until the end of this season? I'm sure the blog released in October stated that substitution rules would continue as they were in real life for season one then revert to "the old normal" as with transfer windows. 

Right, I'm not sure how the promotion of 3rd Spanish tier works, but I'm 99% sure I wasn't supposed to get promoted...I finished 3rd in regular season, which sent me to Promotion stage. However, I only scored one point from 9 games, I fell to last 6th place in the table, but after the penultimate match I got message I got promoted.

image.png.98060c2c53c1049a4154da33c07dfdae.png

image.png.4a0bfd4d06cf701accb860bfeaffbf50.png

It's definitely not because of the B teams, since there are 3 regular teams in front of me. Plus I checked Promotion stage in different groups and it seems, that in every group the last team got promoted?

image.png.5d3e08f046fefb59bb032249fe9703c5.pngimage.png.bdf1918c7fc09329bbeb94b0000ed15e.png

I can provide more information when I progress in the game, whether me and the other teams actually got promoted.

EDIT: It seems that there is a "new" 3rd tier being created and we were "promoted" there - other teams fight for the promotion to 2nd tier and the other teams, that finished below in regular stage remain in Segunda Division B which will be 4th tier from 2021/22? I haven't found anything about this change on wikipedia, so I have no idea where I will play next year, maybe if someone could provide more details on that?

Edited by cervo06

The TV league contract doesn't seems to be updated. Since 3 or 4 years ago, the Spanish league has a sistem that gives the TV league money by:

50% money base

25% depending of league position

25% reputation, fans attendance... 

By the way, this is the money given in the 2018/2019 season:

spacer.png

Official source:

https://www.laliga.com/transparencia/gestion-economica/derechos-audiovisuales

And the amount of the money differences by league position:

spacer.png

Total amounts:

In the 17/18 season: 1.325,8M 

In the 18/19 season: 1420,4M

We can suppose that the total amount in the 20/21 season could be (without covid effects) :1.609,6M

Apart of that, there is a relegation-help:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/2020/07/15/5f0da454ca474155298b45c7.html

This money-help is based by total income of the last 5 years, TV income of the last 5 years, and years of first-division-maintenance. For example, Espanyol received 30M this season just by this money-help. 

The second division is very similar, but with different percentages:

70% money base

15% depending of league position

15% reputation, fans attendance... 

And a relegation-help of 1,38M.

10 hours ago, cervo06 said:

Right, I'm not sure how the promotion of 3rd Spanish tier works, but I'm 99% sure I wasn't supposed to get promoted...I finished 3rd in regular season, which sent me to Promotion stage. However, I only scored one point from 9 games, I fell to last 6th place in the table, but after the penultimate match I got message I got promoted.

It's definitely not because of the B teams, since there are 3 regular teams in front of me. Plus I checked Promotion stage in different groups and it seems, that in every group the last team got promoted?

image.png.5d3e08f046fefb59bb032249fe9703c5.pngimage.png.bdf1918c7fc09329bbeb94b0000ed15e.png

I can provide more information when I progress in the game, whether me and the other teams actually got promoted.

EDIT: It seems that there is a "new" 3rd tier being created and we were "promoted" there - other teams fight for the promotion to 2nd tier and the other teams, that finished below in regular stage remain in Segunda Division B which will be 4th tier from 2021/22? I haven't found anything about this change on wikipedia, so I have no idea where I will play next year, maybe if someone could provide more details on that?

Thanks for the report. We're aware of this and working on it. It's a tricky one because some information still hasn't been officially verified. In any case, rest assured that we're working on this issue.

15 hours ago, Mush1983 said:

supercopa de espana (id 1301423) season 19/20 history is missing also the scheduling is the 19/20 season not the 20/21 season ive also sent the link as proof the info below is under history thats last seasons result(19/20) and the teams that should feature this season (20/21) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercopa_de_España

Year Champion Score Runner-up Semi-finalists Stadium
2019–20 Real Madrid
(2018–19 Liga third place)
0–0
(4–1 pen.)
Atlético Madrid
(2018–19 Liga runners-up)
Valencia
(2018–19 Copa del Rey winners)
Saudi Arabia King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah
Barcelona
(2018–19 La Liga winners)
2020–21 Real Madrid (2019–20 La Liga winners),
Barcelona (2019–20 La Liga runners-up),
Athletic Bilbao (2019–20 Copa del Rey finalists),
Real Sociedad (2019–20 Copa del Rey finalists)
TBD

Thanks for that report, it's under review now.

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, Vooyah666 said:

Playing Deportivo La Coruna in Segunda division B. League registration rules allows to have max 22 registered players. U-19 players do not have to be registered. I can give my players numbers from range 1-22, and I can't give any number for my U-19 players. When I choose them for a match, I got information that I have players without number, but on the number selection screen I still can not give them any number. Also can't go back and change match squad, so I needed to re-load game

Hi there, I've logged this internally for review now - you should be able to give shirt numbers above 22 to these players but this is not the case currently.

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, Mndri said:

The final of the Copa del Rey season 19-20 is scheduled for April 18th 2021. There is no final in the game, so no winner for 19-20 season.

Could it be repaired?  

Hi, this is intentional as 2019/20 competitions delayed due to covid are not being covered in game.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, maider187 said:

Hi, if I activate the Major League and the Primera Division Peruana league there is no chance to choose a other date for the pre-season start in spain la liga 2.

regards, maider

Thanks, seems to be a holdover of when USA forced a specific start date - I've logged this internally now.

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, laneystain said:

I'm only able to use 3 subs in La Liga, should this not be 5 as per the rules in real life until the end of this season? I'm sure the blog released in October stated that substitution rules would continue as they were in real life for season one then revert to "the old normal" as with transfer windows. 

Hi there, thanks for raising this. This is a known issue we have under review internally.

17 hours ago, laneystain said:

You can do five subs if you go into the tactics an subs section  the issue is you can only make the 5 in 3 slot. So if you take a player off the new way its counts as one of your slots

So, i am currently stuck, since i can't assign a number to my new player. 

Steps / Explanation:

Playing in spain as Betis (Real Hispalis)

Bought a player on the last day of the transfer window.

To register him, i had to remove a u19 player i had registered.

I then continue to the next match, select my new player.

(Cant remember the names), but i am going through the match day tactical stuff.

When i click go to briefing, i am asked to assign number for my new player. But no numbers is available, and i am stuck.

I tried to go to my squad and move the u19 player with the number to my b squad - no luck.

Tried to click auto numbers - no luck.

clear numbers the same - no luck.

Hope you got enough information, otherwise i will try my best to help further.

FM2021_bug.png

On 11/11/2020 at 22:47, cervo06 said:

So what league have you ended up in? Im currently top of the B1 Promotion league with Depor, won't carry on with the game until I know whether im getting back into the Segunda or not!

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 13.51.18.png

On 09/11/2020 at 18:31, Freddie Sands said:

Please post any specific issues for Spain competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Spain should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hi!
Is it a bug or have you deliberately chosen not implement the "salary cap" in La Liga 1 & 2? Here are the numbers for the previous season:

https://www.laliga.com/transparencia/gestion-economica/limite-coste-plantilla

Here is a bit more information about the numbers, that includes salaries and the amount that can be spent on transfers and how it's calculated:

https://football-finance.com/la-liga-salary-cap-season-2019-2020/

This should be a key addition to the game since this method actually works in contrast to UEFA's flawed FFP-system.

image.thumb.png.7319fa6cf9f823a1cc0599534da76af7.png

Just to add to the promotion queries, Cultural Leonese have won promotion despite losing the first round of this playoff, and the promotion rules state that winning and losing team of this round gets promoted? It is all a mess

@KeegBCFC, that is because the new third Level to be implemented in 2021/22. Winning gets promoted to 2nd level, Looser gets promoted to newly created 3rd Level. I guess the messages area a bit contradictory, but I don't think they can make it clearer, as new third level league still not created in game until season 2021/22 starts...

IRL the system it's also quite complex.

Technically, the league rule allows 22 players in the squad, and their numbers are between 1 and 22.

Whatever, Copa del Rey allow list U-19 players in their matches.

The problem occurs in the prematch when I must give a number to the U-19 player but I only can assing numbers between 1 and 22 (same as your squad in the league) but I can't unaling the player or continue to the match.

In my opinion I could assing numbers like 27,30... like in other Spanish leagues for these matches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I sign a free-agent player in november, for the league rules I can remove a player on the squad list and add him, but previous error occurs, I can't change the number list, dropping a number for the removed player and give it at the new player.

Only can have 22 numbers in the list, can't drop the number for downgrading a player for the U-19 squad and add new free agents because can not give him a number in their first game prematch.

Edited by Eduparce

• Eduparce changed the title to Bad crash for a number in Spain Segunda Division B Grupo I Grupo A -->UPDATED
9 hours ago, Zoiberg said:

@KeegBCFC, that is because the new third Level to be implemented in 2021/22. Winning gets promoted to 2nd level, Looser gets promoted to newly created 3rd Level. I guess the messages area a bit contradictory, but I don't think they can make it clearer, as new third level league still not created in game until season 2021/22 starts...

IRL the system it's also quite complex.

Actually, it is even more complex than that. IRL, the first three teams in each second round group, as well as the best fourth team, will qualify to the playoffs stage, which, I guess, will follow the rules of last season. The last three teams in each second round group will be "promoted" to the newly created third tier, which will consist of 40 teams divided into two groups.

Then there's the second group for relegation. Same format as in this group stage: the three teams coming last and the worst fourth from among all groups will be relegated to the 5th tier (yeah, there will be teams relegated from 3rd tier into 5th tier just in one season).

Also, teams in these groups only play against the teams they haven't played against (i.e. the teams from the other subgroup). And, in the previous round, teams who end up the middle of the table, as well as the best teams in each relegation group, will stay in the division, which will become the 4th tier (indeed, not losing means you get effectively relegated as well).

I will try to post an official link from the Spanish football association when I can, but I think I got the information right.

Edited by cramoe
Typos

Thanks @cramoe, we're well aware of the new spanish football system, which is almost fully implemented in fm21 (although it's not very easy to understand and explain)

I was just talking about the given message in the screenshot, to help him understand it better.

Hi!!

- The B-team : The B-teams in spain is not a affiliate. It`s like other leagues.The differrent is only the Under-23 Players can move free between B-team and First scuad. It doesn`t matter which league play in. This is a problem year over year, and a don`t know why you don`t change this.

- The U-18 contract : Minimum wage you can offer is 78.000€/year. it`s too much. That is the minimum for 3 tier player. The minimum contract you can offer a U-18 player in U-18 team is 15.000€/year. And in Fm21 the regents only accept a proffesional contract not young contract ( 78.000€/year vs 3.300€/year). This is a very big problem if you team is not a big one.

Thx and regards

I know there are others with the same issue about teams not registering players for the second season. I hope this is the right place to put this issue. It seems to be just La Liga where I am playing with Barca. Teams in other leagues seem to be registering their players. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 11.27.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 11.25.59 AM.png

Same issue as stated before in the Spanish 3rd tier with La Coruna. My first choice goalkeeper got injured, so I wanted to put my 2nd choice goalkeeper in the starting 11 and a U-19 goalkeeper on the bench, which I should be able to do, but I can't go any further because I can't give a new number or someone else's number for the game to my U-19 goalkeeper.

I'm currently playing with Deportivo La Coruña, in Segunda División B. I am in Group 1, sub group A I played all this round and manage to get up to the 1st position. image.png.4d30668cda8518fe2d56e15e14d77c63.png

Top 3 teams qualify for "Promotion Stage" where we should play against the top 3 teams from Group 1 Sub-group B.

image.png.e6ab7ce8f5d5704e1a62d2f235208ecf.png

The problem is that I should only play against the three teams that come from Group B. This rule is not only for Promotion Stage, but also Playoff and Relegation stages during the second phase.

image.png.2a773cdacccfc4c0ae9a1318e74d524a.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Segunda_División_B#Second_phase

So I get to Group 1, Promotion Stage.

image.png.7c255606acceb25f7825ec030182e776.png

When I should only play (home & away) against the 3 teams that were not in my group during First Phase (marked them with red). Cultural Leonesa, Burgos CF and Real Sporting B. The game makes me play also against the ones that I have already played before in the previous phase. (Marked in Yellow)image.png.36aed46062577c92376aa809a619a02d.png 

This is a mistake, and the same mistake repeats in all the "Second Phase", not only in Promotion Stage, but also Playoff and Relegation Stage. Hope I made myself clear and that this mistake can be fixed.

Another thing about Segunda B season 20-21. I wrote about it in other topic, but I this this is the better one. I give just link to that post.

Everything goes about clasification. In Segunda B group 3, there is 21 teams (10 and 11 in subgroups). After first stage ie. to the relegation gropus goes part of team, which played more matches (and could win more points). So, IRL how is it counter? Average of points? (On the posted screenshot sime teams with lower points are higher in the table.

Have received this news item upon being promoted to La Liga. 

The disciplinary rules have not changed so I don't know why that is in there also the date of 1900 on the transfer windows needs to be fixed?

image.thumb.png.d2296fcdaeb78c80b61e6d39abbef170.png

I have seen the fixture issue pointed out for the Prem but also worth noting that it is happening in Spain also. As you can see I play Celta, Athletic and Mallorca twice each in the final 10 games

image.thumb.png.e76b611d6ec9f145c2e63dce592fe969.png

15 hours ago, augusto_dg said:

I'm currently playing with Deportivo La Coruña, in Segunda División B. I am in Group 1, sub group A I played all this round and manage to get up to the 1st position. image.png.4d30668cda8518fe2d56e15e14d77c63.png

Top 3 teams qualify for "Promotion Stage" where we should play against the top 3 teams from Group 1 Sub-group B.

image.png.e6ab7ce8f5d5704e1a62d2f235208ecf.png

The problem is that I should only play against the three teams that come from Group B. This rule is not only for Promotion Stage, but also Playoff and Relegation stages during the second phase.

image.png.2a773cdacccfc4c0ae9a1318e74d524a.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Segunda_División_B#Second_phase

So I get to Group 1, Promotion Stage.

image.png.7c255606acceb25f7825ec030182e776.png

When I should only play (home & away) against the 3 teams that were not in my group during First Phase (marked them with red). Cultural Leonesa, Burgos CF and Real Sporting B. The game makes me play also against the ones that I have already played before in the previous phase. (Marked in Yellow)image.png.36aed46062577c92376aa809a619a02d.png 

This is a mistake, and the same mistake repeats in all the "Second Phase", not only in Promotion Stage, but also Playoff and Relegation Stage. Hope I made myself clear and that this mistake can be fixed.

This also happen in the second league round in each level Promotion to 2nd Division, Promotion to 2ªB Pro and Relegation, you are playing against everyone instead of the correct teams from the other subgroup

Today La Liga has shown the wage limits of each club. This wage limit has enormous importance in the clubs planification, I believe that this should be implemented, and the Spanish new TV contract too. 

https://www.laliga.com/noticias/limite-de-coste-de-plantilla-deportiva

spacer.png

Other I'think, problem with fixtures.

I started first season after rules changes. In calendar I see, that we play first two matches at home, then one away, two at home, two away, another at home, two away, two at home...

1161029383_ClubEsportiuHospitalet_Terminarz.thumb.png.e5e5fce9eb2f6fef0fd045b404d7e3d1.png

• SI Staff
On 12/11/2020 at 22:39, Sainten said:

So, i am currently stuck, since i can't assign a number to my new player. 

Steps / Explanation:

Playing in spain as Betis (Real Hispalis)

Bought a player on the last day of the transfer window.

To register him, i had to remove a u19 player i had registered.

I then continue to the next match, select my new player.

(Cant remember the names), but i am going through the match day tactical stuff.

When i click go to briefing, i am asked to assign number for my new player. But no numbers is available, and i am stuck.

I tried to go to my squad and move the u19 player with the number to my b squad - no luck.

Tried to click auto numbers - no luck.

clear numbers the same - no luck.

Hope you got enough information, otherwise i will try my best to help further.

Hi there, thanks for raising this. This is a known issue we currently have under investigation internally.

• SI Staff
On 13/11/2020 at 21:49, KeegBCFC said:

Just to add to the promotion queries, Cultural Leonese have won promotion despite losing the first round of this playoff, and the promotion rules state that winning and losing team of this round gets promoted? It is all a mess

Hi, to clarify they should correctly get sent to the 2nd Division Pro here - the rules screen is displaying that fate incorrectly. I've logged a bug for this internally now.

8 hours ago, pejocho said:

Today La Liga has shown the wage limits of each club. This wage limit has enormous importance in the clubs planification, I believe that this should be implemented, and the Spanish new TV contract too. 

https://www.laliga.com/noticias/limite-de-coste-de-plantilla-deportiva

spacer.png

I totally agree with you and I think it is very strange that it is not in the game! I have also written about it but Sportsinteractive doesn’t answer... 

On 11/11/2020 at 19:11, Vooyah666 said:

On 12/11/2020 at 12:18, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, I've logged this internally for review now - you should be able to give shirt numbers above 22 to these players but this is not the case currently.

Same here. U-19 players should not need to be registered, but in fact if you don't register them , they won't be able to play "Copa Federación"  for a team in "Segunda Divisón B" which I think is like a Spanish "Copa del Rey". So this is a 2 in 1 bug. Apart from that you can't give them numbers ( I Had to use automatic numbering), those U-19 not registered/inscribed won't be able to play Federation Cup (Copa Federacion)

FM Bug01.jpg

FM Bug02.jpg

Edited by LorenzoFM

Another error here:

1 -When playing RFEF CUP (Copa Federación in Spanish League 2nd División B) we should be able to set up to 9 substitute players at bench, but in actual game we are only allowed to have 5 substitutes (5 players at bench).

2- Apart from that, we should be able to make up to 5 substitutions in a match, but we only are allowed to make 3 interruptions of the match to make subs. So 5 players could be substituted but in 3 interruptions.

Here you can read the rules about it (Page nr6) :

https://www.rfef.es/sites/default/files/pdf/normas_reguladoras_bases_competicion_torneos_rfef.pdf

On 15/11/2020 at 13:03, Ripland said:

Hi!!

- The B-team : The B-teams in spain is not a affiliate. It`s like other leagues.The differrent is only the Under-23 Players can move free between B-team and First scuad. It doesn`t matter which league play in. This is a problem year over year, and a don`t know why you don`t change this.

- The U-18 contract : Minimum wage you can offer is 78.000€/year. it`s too much. That is the minimum for 3 tier player. The minimum contract you can offer a U-18 player in U-18 team is 15.000€/year. And in Fm21 the regents only accept a proffesional contract not young contract ( 78.000€/year vs 3.300€/year). This is a very big problem if you team is not a big one.

Thx and regards

Hi!

I see this one got raised already but no response so far.

The B teams in Spain are totally bugged. You should be able to roam the players between first and second team as long as they are U-23. For instance, several clubs have youngsters training with them and playing on the B team, but this is not possible in FM21, they can only do this if they are U-19 which doesn't reflect the reality and is not accurate.