[Iceland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Iceland competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Iceland should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Summary:
I'm playing as a manager in the lower leagues of Iceland. I was looking for youngsters in the higher division clubs U19 squads. I noticed that players who are playing in an U19 squad in Iceland are on loan to the U19 squad?
It is possible to terminate these weird loan deals while your not the manager of the club.

Description of Issue:
I can terminate loan deals while i'm not the manager of these clubs.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Load the save
2. go to the club Knattspyrnufélagið Fram
3. go to players and filter to show only u19 squad (these players are all on loan to the U19 squad)
4.  right click on player -> transfer -> terminate loan deal

The next day the player isn't loaned oud to the u19 squad but is part of the senior squad

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud:
Jelmer Bouma - Unemployed.fm

terminateloan.png

u19squad.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 00:40, gummitommi said:

All players from my squad are on holiday, while the Upper League cup starts in February. The players will return from loan late March, so they will miss the whole tournament. Needs a fix right away.

I'm just now experiencing this issue at the start of the 2024 season. I haven't had the issue during 2023 or 2022, however.

This is definitely an issue that needs to be rectified.

Similar to the above posts, I have found that if I reach the group stages in Europe, my end of pre-season overlaps with the League Cup and now the European Knockout stages. This is very frustrating. The first time we have reached the knockout stages and I will have to use grey players!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Something is really weird with how youth teams are set up in Iceland in the game.

So the idea is that you loan out your youth players to your youth team. However, the youth teams doesn't have staff. And you can't control their club - so you can't hire staff for the U19's.
Some of the youth clubs have a manager and nothing else. Others have nothing. You would never want to loan a prospect out to a team with no coaches - even though they share your training facilities.

The teams that has "integrated" U19-teams (like FH and Vikingur) have a huge advantage - since they can then actually hire youth staff for the youth team (and they do that).

Breiðablik/Augnablik Under 19s have 2 youth teams - A team and B Team. The A team is in U19 Division A and the B team is in U19 Division C.
The weird thing, however, is that the A team is like most of the other youth teams - where you can't control anything or hire staff. But the B team is "integrated" with the first team from Breiðablik - so if you are manager of Breiðablik you can actually hire staff and control the training - but ONLY for the U19 B team.
So obviously I put my youth players in the U19 B-team and get them promoted two times. And they are now the best youth team in the country. But my assistant manager still tells me that some youth players deserve to play om the U19 A-team. But that would just be terrible.

I'm not from Iceland - so I don't know how it works in real life - but it makes no sense as it is set up in the game.

Edit: Is this even a league specific issue or should I post it somewhere else?

Edited by mernild

The U19 setup is absolutely bizarre and makes Iceland unplayable to me. I understand that SI wants a realistic format, but it doesn't make sense to have to pay compensation of tens of thousands of dollars to call your own players to the senior squad. This seems even more unrealistic and broken to me. If anyone knows of an alternative database with regular U19 squads, please pm :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 02:54, H1993 said:

I'm just now experiencing this issue at the start of the 2024 season. I haven't had the issue during 2023 or 2022, however.

This is definitely an issue that needs to be rectified.

I'm now in 2024 and have the same problem. Didn't happen 22 or 23 for me either.

So now I can't really get on with my save. This is actually a game breaking bug.

Edited by mernild

I have the same issue in Iceland but in the 2025 season. I played the last group stage game in the Europa League on December 12th and as winner of the group don't need to play in the first knock-out round. On December 13th, my players leave for holidays and will return on March 24th, 2025 after the season started with the league cup and also after the second knock-out round... :-(

It was such a great save to build up IBV, be promoted to the first league and reach the Europa League...

Is there any chance to fix this bug in a save?

Thanks!

Edited by Tomcat3108

Also having the exact same issue as mentioned by others in this thread. My entire team is on vacation until end of march, while pre-season starts in february already...

@Freddie Sands: sorry for tagging you, but this seems to be an issue that occurs regularly. Would be nice if it can be fixed asap.

Edited by Daniel_T

Summary: I'm managing Breiðablik in Iceland's Pemier League, year 2025 atm. Pre-season has started in February, with the first match on the 9th of February. However, my entire team is on vacation until March 24th.

Description of Issue:  Looking at the similar issues described by others in this thread, I assume it has something to do with playing in European Cups. Seasons in Iceland are short, and normally end in September already. I guess that the game, for some reason, can't handle the fact that the season is extended by 2.5 months due to European matches (also check the first screenshot, in which you can see that my last 2 EURO Cup matches are seen as matches in the current season). Could it be that there's a fixed vacation period of 3 to 3.5 months? In that case, it makes sense that all players are still on vacation if the regular season was extended by 2 months. 

Steps to Reproduce: Fix that my players are back from vacation when the pre-season (and possibly European KO matches) starts. 

Screenshots:

image.thumb.png.035606ccc33ae15d739519adabe0d730.png

image.thumb.png.fb0090ed6fbbec1a241b5a28cd8f8ef1.png

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud - Scandinavian islands save (for SI investigation).fm

Edited by Daniel_T

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi all, thanks for providing the information regarding competing in European group stages messing with Icelandic holiday dates. There is potentially a wider problem with the generic holiday calculation system causing this - I've now logged this for further review internally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/03/2021 at 03:34, Nickolaidis1989 said:

Is this holiday player big going to be resolved. Because it has broken my save at the moment. Losing 17-0 in the euro cup 2nd round is not ideal.

I haven't played for 3 months now. Was hoping it would get fixed. But apparently i won't.
I'm a "one save per year"-kind of guy, and now I can't get on with the save, which really sucks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/04/2021 at 11:16, mernild said:

I haven't played for 3 months now. Was hoping it would get fixed. But apparently i won't.
I'm a "one save per year"-kind of guy, and now I can't get on with the save, which really sucks.

+1 for this. Iceland league is my absolute favourite league to play, and it's currently unplayable with this issue...

• 3 months later...