[FM2021] - Free Transfers and Hidden Gems

Bigpole

4 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Not a free transfer and I don't know how known he really is, but after Faghir left my Kobenhavn team for Juve (for a healty 49M!), I picked up Leon Gomez Ferreno from River for 7,75M, which I believe was his release clause, at the start of the fourth season. Great attribute spread and perfect fit for both an AF of an F9 role. He was Europe's golden boy in his first season too, 35 goals in 28 competition games and 9 in 10 CL matches.

20201129170423_1.jpg

20201129170432_1.jpg

You can approach to sign him right at the start, £2m compensation.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Few more worthy of mention...

Start with the 2 extremes in goalkeeper; Aslan is a giant with excellent ball-playing skills but a little weak mentally (though brave a lion, obvs):

aslan.thumb.PNG.e5270e165a2c4a76245e51b37d60dc8c.PNG

And at the other end of the spectrum, Ronning is dominant and a fine traditional 'keeper but a bit lacking with the ball at his feet:

ronning.thumb.PNG.f567d936c066702a42fe49908156e654.PNG

Teammate Okumu looks a decent defender too:

okumu.thumb.PNG.35c8f2fd55b8feaf4e981c25c4b2607d.PNG

And a couple of wildcards, Iranian winger Ghaedi has excellent flair, dribbling and balance but perhaps isn't the most reliable when possession is lost...

ghaedi.thumb.PNG.74c88c52a87c01c30f760dfe162f7b88.PNG

Similar, if more extreme, story for long-time favourite Gribbin, whose limitations see him now playing for Barrow but definitely a potential football league star if allowed the freedom to do his thing:

gribbin.thumb.PNG.e475562283e433e04e86e6f3c33aba26.PNG

Edited by fidelitywars
typo

Few for those in the lower leagues:

Really excited with this one - those 19s for determination and flair are hard-coded:

kallsberg.thumb.PNG.79305b9bb1b225226411d8652f054d98.PNG

Very much a 'luxury' player but someone whose dead-ball ability and passing could really set him apart at a certain level - scored a hat-trick of free-kicks IRL not so long ago:

justinussen.thumb.PNG.60a40ba729e4ddb82c4b8dade00e5783.PNG

Another whose athleticism will cap his ceiling but a very solid technician:

hendry.thumb.PNG.c519c3fa092b2735ef7653971d6f8f48.PNG

Bit more well-rounded and like Kallsberg, perhaps having the potential to be more than a lower league star.

mccowan.thumb.PNG.d6d45cd605a349a1dcbe97b019b5eb71.PNG

16 minutes ago, QPRSteve said:

Zolt Kamár, 25 Hungary MC/AC.  Plays for Dunajska Streda in Slovakia.  Top championship player and very cheap.  I signed him for just £190k which was my opening offer.

Just incase people struggle to find him... its Zsolt Kalmar

I've been preparing a list of players i've seen around my saves to share here. Till then:

Astrit Selmani: great bargain and very good mentals, had him on FM20 for smaller and mid-table teams and on FM21 seems to be even better. I've been following him ever since IRL and he just had a great season in Allsvenskan, he's about to secure a move to Malmo.

Fernando Costanza: starts the game as free-agent, very decent right wing back and holds  an italian passport. IRL he's a good prospect as well, but left his brazilian team Botafogo on bad terms and has yet to find a new club, such a shame.

seljmani.PNG

costanza.PNG

Edited by lugui

On 23/11/2020 at 18:26, michalgottwald said:

Also this guy! Expensive for a 17 year old from a fellow norwegian club at £2.1M, but I have high hopes for him!

spacer.png

Having more fun in the norwegian market than since Ajer, Ødegaard and Hou Sæter

He develops into a world class CB. Had him on my Ajax save 6 years in and he was as good as van Dijk.

Artem Galadjan. Starts at Nizhny Novgorod in the Russian 2nd division and can be bought dirt cheap at the beginning of the save. I started my journeyman save at this club and he has won top scorer in the 2nd and first division by a mile in my 2 seasons at the club. Just got called up for the Russian National team for the world cup. Would of developed even more if I didn't have terrible training facilities and coaches. 

20201209221950_1.thumb.jpg.fffbf84eb6771a59d2ca541382755a2d.jpg

I bought Ricky-Jade Jones for 200K of petersbought and he is a Beast with pace and acceleration on 18. Play him with a role as a pressing forward, and his is just unstoppable! 
I his the reason my Winbledon got promoted in the first season, even when media guess we would end as 23! 
First season 36 games and 27 goals!
Im in the end of january of the second season, and he already in the championship played 28 games and scored 29 goal, WOW!!!!

He is a TRUE hidden gem! what a bargain!  

Bonus info: I learn him the trait of treating the offside. 

1.jpg

1.jpg

On 16/12/2020 at 19:26, Dreambuilder said:

16 and great stats including finishing and long shots. Only weakness is physical as very young, but that can be improved. Speed also not essential as an Attacking midfielder.

image.thumb.png.72f4194f38b8e09fe2ebfd7dbd023071.png

How much did you get him for? Randers wanted 3 million in my save in Denmark. I'm poor so I cannot afford it lol.

4 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

He is definitely a long term project but Albert Braut Tjaland can develop into a really, really good player. Can be had for 300-400k from Molde.

Found him too, he's almost a Håland :) Check out Syver Aas too, MC perfectionist. And Thomas Gulliksen, also perfectionist. And Odin Thiago Holm. All close to 5 star kind of.

If anyone is still looking for a solid goalie, Tim Rönning is a surprisingly good deal. I bought him for 2M from Elfsborg but I think you could pinch a bit off that amount. Not only does he have a good potential, he's also a model citizen which means he's a) more likely to reach his top level and b) would be a great tutor for any future goalkeepers you have. 

20201218230239_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2020 at 19:59, Dreambuilder said:

Found him too, he's almost a Håland :) Check out Syver Aas too, MC perfectionist. And Thomas Gulliksen, also perfectionist. And Odin Thiago Holm. All close to 5 star kind of.

He is actually Haaland's cousin. Tjåland and Haaland :-) 

Currently playing as Crewe Alexandra and here's some League One and Championship gems coming your way:

Harry Pickering - Star player for me and it's easy to see why. He could easily do a job in both the Championship and a lower table team in PL.

Pickering.thumb.jpg.1ca532f6025870f867818a2e97e0cffb.jpg

Tom Lowery - Another gem coming through the ranks at Crewe. He's got some nice attributes and could do a decent job in at least the Championship.

1769917775_TomLowery.thumb.jpg.81978e674aaf3e4ffd3d412cc4aa4198.jpg

Ludcinio Marengo - Signed for free at the start and I would say that he's a decent gem for League One. Playing as a RM Winger attack for me.

728166763_LudcinioMarengo.thumb.png.fcc0bfe8a8ca97018eb20f04bf6184a6.png

Andy Lonergan - The 37 year old was signed for free at the start of the season as a backup keeper to Will Jääskeläinen but the stats suggest he could even challenge for the first spot.

2068245167_AndyLonergan.thumb.jpg.3119e1d8774592cd1e8449f996f7144b.jpg

Abu Ogogo - Bought him for £45k as a replacement for Ryan Wintle that went to AC Fiorentina for £1m (huge money for us). He's adding some much needed experience and leadership to a very young squad.

149195572_AbuOgogo.thumb.jpg.ad30986c37b8c2d1dd98b21e8d56004d.jpg

Sam Lavelle - Bought him for £300k from Morecambe as I needed a CB. Already scored two goals in four games from corners. Could do a job in the Championship I reckon.

729843588_SamLavelle.thumb.jpg.9960261636ca68570c214ef1748426ef.jpg

Yassin Fortune - Even though the former Arsenal academy player is on loan at the moment I just had to mention him. Playing as an Advanced Forward he has scored six goals and provided one assist in seven games so far. He seems to be unstoppable in League One and I will definitely try to make his stay permanent.

757497997_YassinFortune.thumb.jpg.09194cb40b9f1065e145c8ef193dc582.jpg

Don't think he has been mentioned yet, Xadas has made a very solid start in my second season at Kobenhavn. He starts the game on loan with Belgian first division team Mouscron, but I don't think they ever activate the optional fee they negotiated. Very skillful player, great set piece taker (both corners and free kicks) and performs very, very well as a Mez(A). I paid 675k for him. 

20201229225727_1.thumb.jpg.65ad7cc2cbe0039f5e0b7bd5fc1f664b.jpg

attached my shortlist, I have most of the people listed with screenshots on this forum on there, along with some others I have found along the way.

I made this origihidden gems latest.fmfnally for fm20 and some of the players have had big moves/come to prominence since, I haven't removed them from the list but feel free to do so if you want

Edited by billysafc
added info

Hi there!

Only just started playing this years game properly.. here's a keeper i found to kick my findings off with... your very own lower league Neuer, reflexes, jumping, one on ones... he does it all.. for a measly 13.75k 

4Y93Luq.png

Sticking with Germany, has this guy been posted yet?  Not very pacey, but has the mentals and the technicals to take him far... also either footed.. reminds me of a german Huntelaar actually...

GISAInm.png

I'm sure someone has posted him somewhere, but one of my all time favourite underrated lower league stars is back this year looking as good as ever... it's the Finnish Gylfi Sigurdsson ... Petteri Forsell.. what a player.

bTiNBsX.png

Few lower league gems my scouting is turning up.. haven't tried them yet, but plan to start a save today so will update..

All are EU nationals or have dual passports so can be signed by english sides.. 

And please forgive me if they are well known or already posted, i'm only just joining the game properly recently, so missed a lot

jBB398C.png

v03eH1u.png

i06GR4Z.png

Tr6N8y7.png

TBiBBhy.png

@Welshace Barlow is willing to join League 2 clubs (I had a deal to take him to Walsall before pulling out of it) and would be marvellous at League 2, and capable at least one league above. Costanza is a really good option, I took a strong look at him in FM20 for APOEL and I think would be a smart move on a free transfer for clubs at a certain level (would command wages of less than £2k).

4 hours ago, Welshace said:

Few lower league gems my scouting is turning up.. haven't tried them yet, but plan to start a save today so will update..

All are EU nationals or have dual passports so can be signed by english sides.. 

And please forgive me if they are well known or already posted, i'm only just joining the game properly recently, so missed a lot

jBB398C.png

v03eH1u.png

i06GR4Z.png

Tr6N8y7.png

TBiBBhy.png

Nice, who you starting with?

30 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I wanted to push for a Wrexham save as they are my old team , but their hollywood takeover isn't in the game yet so will go for someone a bit further up the leagues... maybe Sunderland or Pompey

It is on the steam workshop

Just now, cris182 said:

It is on the steam workshop

I saw a few different ones on there, but all seemed to be before christmas, which was before some details were released about finances etc... so didnt wanna use them... will probably look to adding it myself when i get time